Reagan Was A Shitty President

He made children go hungry.

Oh NOESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reagan stole food from the mouths of STARVING BABIES.

TM has got to be the stupidest person in the history of humanity, if we are even able to include her as fully human.

I'm cracking up because she and blu have been reduced to criticizing me for providing too much source material.

He gave us massive debt, the deregulation was a complete failure because of the fallout it created.

Deregulation was on the whole a good thing. Deregulation of the S&Ls cost the Treasury a couple hundred billions of dollars, but his deregulation also increased the flow of credit to poorer people and deregulation of other areas of finance increased competition for interest rates, lowering the cost of capital for most people. He also deregulated trucking and transportation as well as energy production and transportation, which increased the market for natural gas.

I'm cracking up because she and blu have been reduced to criticizing me for providing too much source material.

Well, you have to admit, their cognitive abilities are sorely challenged when presented with facts.

Toro I respect your opinion and yeild to your superior knowledge on these matters but I would love some reading from you to proove to me the facts behind this matter.

I am unaware of any benifits to anything other than corporations in his deregulation march.

If anyone can convince me here it would be you and I am willing to read what ever you present.

He gave us massive debt, the deregulation was a complete failure because of the fallout it created.

Deregulation was on the whole a good thing. Deregulation of the S&Ls cost the Treasury a couple hundred billions of dollars, but his deregulation also increased the flow of credit to poorer people and deregulation of other areas of finance increased competition for interest rates, lowering the cost of capital for most people. He also deregulated trucking and transportation as well as energy production and transportation, which increased the market for natural gas.

The treasury bonds used to pay off the S&L failues are just now coming due to be paid.

I think he was talking about himself , sometimes he has delousions hes reagan

I would love some reading from you to proove to me the facts behind this matter.

3173927088_5b35008de0.jpg

Toro I respect your opinion and yeild to your superior knowledge on these matters but I would love some reading from you to proove to me the facts behind this matter.

I am unaware of any benifits to anything other than corporations in his deregulation march.

If anyone can convince me here it would be you and I am willing to read what ever you present.

The stuff that I have read I read a long time ago and is industry research. I don't know where it is on the Internet.

For example, the deregulation of the natural gas industry lead to a boom in natural gas drilling. Prior, gas was often just burned off at the tip because it was uneconomical to transport.

The stuff that I have read I read a long time ago and is industry research. I don't know where it is on the Internet.

For example, the deregulation of the natural gas industry lead to a boom in natural gas drilling. Prior, gas was often just burned off at the tip because it was uneconomical to transport.

Ok I get you , I will just have to peruse on my own more about it.

It is nice to have someone on here who I dont always agree with but has respect for facts, it gives me hope for this country in the midst of all the clowns on here.

It also led to people spending a higher percentage of their income for natural gas.

My opinion is, Reagan was a shitty president. But the facts I gave to back up my opinion are not "made up". If you are a Reaganophile, let's hear why you worship this man.

In my view, he failed America and we have been paying for it for over thirty years.

Lets see. Reagan took office in 1981, 1981 to 2010 is what 29 years? If we have been paying for it for over 30 years then it had to have been Carter not Reagan!

And another thing all history is revisionist! It is always being rewritten by acedemics and with the age of electronic data I rue the day when the printed works of history are finally gone. History will be so manipulative that the holocaust will cease to exist, Hitler may never have existed or Stalin. Glad I won't be around for that!

It also led to people spending a higher percentage of their income for natural gas.

Natural gas is not the benign fuel you seem to think it is.

I am fed up with all this revisionist history in which Reagan was the best president since George Washington. It's all bullshit folks, and here's why:

* "Trickle down economics" -- the basis for the infamous Reagan tax cuts -- was utter bullshit and did not work. At all.

* He expanded the national debt in unprecedented amounts. Yes, so have others since, but his was a Great Leap Forward.

* He and his wife relied on astrologists to help them make decisions about the country. WTF Nancy was even involved, no one knows...but to use a horoscope is inexcusable.

And my personal favorite:

* By embracing the Moral Majority, Reagan opened an era of religious lunacy in American politics, especially in the Republican Party. We are still paying for this. Pols in America have to pander to the Very Stupid to get elected...and that is almost entirely Reagan's fault.

Knock it off with the Great Communicator horseshit.

He's still better than Obama. AND Jimmy Carter. So there!:lol:

Forum List

Back