Re-enlist....??? damn right

Service member's enlist/reenlist or choose to separate for a variety of reasons.

Whether it's for love of country, dedication to the mission or if it's to get an education, find direction, or feed mouths, etc.

It disappoints me when asshat right wingers use things like this to thump their chests and try to paints Democrats as unpatriotic or something lame like that. Seriously, fuck you. You people don't have a monopoly on patriotism and the military isn't owned by the Republican party.

It also infuriates me when asshat lefties use things like this to demean or poke fun at the troops by assuming they are inept, stupid, or brainwashed. Seriously, fuck you. You're a bunch of fucking cowards if you ask me.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Service member's enlist/reenlist or choose to separate for a variety of reasons.

Whether it's for love of country, dedication to the mission or if it's to get an education, find direction, or feed mouths, etc.

It disappoints me when asshat right wingers use things like this to thump their chests and try to paints Democrats as unpatriotic or something lame like that. Seriously, fuck you. You people don't have a monopoly on patriotism and the military isn't owned by the Republican party.

It also infuriates me when asshat lefties use things like this to demean or poke fun at the troops by assuming they are inept, stupid, or brainwashed. Seriously, fuck you. You're a bunch of fucking cowards if you ask me.
I totally hope you aren't talking to me. My comment was about the state of the economy, not a comment on anyone's brain power.

I totally hope you aren't talking to me. My comment was about the state of the economy, not a comment on anyone's brain power.

Nah, Rav, you didn't say anything that I found disrespectful.

Okay. Out of curiosity, which comment did you find disrespectful from a "lefty?" I reread the thread and didn't see one.

I thought the same thing when I reread the thread. I didn't find anything really like that from a lefty. :redface:

I got caught up in the "Seriously, fuck yous" in the mini-rant.

I have seen lefties do things like that before though ...

I just spent the last half an hour looking around for the luxurious affluence I have been receiving and came to the conclusion that must be chair in the living room your talking about. ?

You have a chair!?

You military retired people are living high on the hog, indeed.

I'm not sure why you've gotten you knickers in a twist over what I said. It wasn't an insult.

Me hopes that most soldiers don't share your emotional wussiness and over the top sensitivity.

I'm pretty positive they don't.

They're getting their knickers in a bunch because they're outrage queens, why else?

Maybe they are re enlisting because they know that Obama will be the next POYUS and they will be able to come home. They will no longer have to fight GWB'S Toy sand box war any longer.

Maybe grow a brain? Maybe they're reenlisting they know that if Obama is elected there won't be any jobs to come home to.

And just to square away your lie ... Obama doesn't want to bring them home. He wants to realign them to Afghanistan. Jut in case you missed the newsflash, they're ALREADY coming home.

Hey, Turd, some of those who re enlisted are Democrats.

Suprise, suprise, it's isn't only the right that loves America. But it is many of them who think this.

Fuck fake patriots who judge others unpatriotic because they don't agree with them.

Some. Fuck fake patriots who pretend they like it so they can hang out for 20 and collect the pension.

You're just the pot calling the kettle black.

Maybe grow a brain? Maybe they're reenlisting they know that if Obama is elected there won't be any jobs to come home to.

You really think it will matters who is elected as it pertains to future job losses, Gunny?

I mean really... do you think that a McCain win will change the basic dynamics of this faltering economy?

I don't believe you're that partisan.

I believe whichever person is elected is going to be POTUS in what may very well turn out to be the worst economic times this nation has gone through since our war for independence, is going to have a mighty hard rww to hoe for the next four years.

The irony that the deadly combination of banking deregulation and the FED making money too cheap under a Republican administration, may end capitalism as we knew, it is really evidence to me that there is a GOD, and his sense of humor is blacker than OBMAMA's cafe ole ass.

I'd re-up, too, now if I were in, probably even if I were in Iraq, too.

Loving one's country (or not) would have nothing to do with my decison, either.

Getting a paycheck (and one that is tax free, too) would certainly have a LOT to do with that decision.

Sending money home to help out the family probably would have a lot more to do with that decision than my love of this nation.

Last edited:
People don't just go out and say "man, I just settled for this shitty job, cause I was too dumb to get a job anywhere else"

Good, so we can stop paying soldiers and still have an army? No? Wait, is that because they do it for the money too?

Yeah, thought so. Soldiers join up for any variety of reasons. One being, a shitty economy. If you don't recognize that, your a naive little child.

You are an idiot. Maybe you have not seen an LES from a military person but if it was pay they wanted they would not go the military route. Second i scored top ten percent in the nation on the SAT and ACT I enlisted in the reserves when I was 17 "graduated early" So as far as education is concerned we are above the average citizen. Also employers prefer military experience because we are disciplined and educated. Soldiers reeinlist because they are utilizing their passion in their area of expertise whether it be infantry, cook, computer analyst or a number of other mos'. Until you would do your job without any pay please try to refrain from using reasoning suchas "would they do it for free" The real question is have you done it at all?

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I laugh every time someone suggests that people join the military for the pay. It's just plain hard for some people to comprehend that people join the military for no other reason that a desire to serve something greater than themselves. And I agree with you "Mr. President", good post.

largest Re-enlistment ceremony in american history

http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/2008/10/the_largest_reenlistment_cerem.html

You won't see it in main stream media, but I feel a duty to educate the ignorant Democrats everywhere....

I love reading these threads. I pass them along to the boys. My "ignorant" Democrat Marine son in Iraq just IM'd me to say that he's reenlisting - he's been thinking about it for a long time. What made it final? Because Obama got elected, not McCain. He hopes he'll be sent to Afghanistan, "where we oughtta be."

He also told me to tell you to kiss his ass.

Don't shoot the messenger, even if she agrees 100%. :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back