RCP: Republican Landslide

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Wow - while midterms generally favor the minority party, the coming 2010 Election appears poised to show a massive shift in favor of the Republican Party, with a now very real possibility of the Republicans taking back leadership of the House.

RCP outlines the following:

House of Representatives: Currently +18 strongly in favor of the Republicans, but with an additional 30 seats currently labeled as toss-up - and of those 30 seats, Democrats currently hold 29 of them., meaning Democrat incumbents are now scrambling to maintain control of many seats they already have. If the Republicans manage to take 22 of those 29 "toss up" seats, they will most likely take back the House - a very distinct possiblity now. Pelosi is bye-bye...

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the House

U.S. Senate: RCP shows that the Republicans will likely pick up an additional four Senate seats, and possibly two more currently labeled toss up, for a total shift of six Senate seats, which while allowing Democrats to continue control of the Senate, would force the Democrats to have to negotiate fully with Republicans to get any legislation passed - and would also likely result in the ouster of Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader. Reid is bye-bye...

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate

A stunning political tide of discontent appears ready to once again wash over DC, with the current Democrat leadership to be drowned beneath its waters...

Good luck to the GOP

Hope you come up with a clear message of what you plan to do once you are elected.

Should be fun

The republican party would nuke the democrats in 2010 and 2012 if they would come up with something radical to get votes but I fear they won't and I am not inclined to vote for them until they propose something I like.

I wish other people would understand that as well.

No reason not to pass healthcare then for the Democrats, if they are DOOMED anyway.:lol:

Absolutely, they only have 9 months till the Republican landslide

So pass
Healthcare
Cap and Trade
Fund Stemcell research
Tough environmental standards
Green Technologies
Education reforms

Then, since Obama is President Veto everything the Republicans do to try to rescind it. Thats what the Republicans did

No reason not to pass healthcare then for the Democrats, if they are DOOMED anyway.:lol:

So pass
Healthcare
Cap and Trade
Fund Stemcell research
Green Technologies
Education reforms

Then, since Obama is President Veto everything the Republicans do to try to rescind it. Thats what the Republicans did

Then it will be 'Obama is ramming the veto pen down our throats!!!!!!!'

So pass
Healthcare
Cap and Trade
Fund Stemcell research
Green Technologies
Education reforms

Then it will be 'Obama is ramming the veto pen down our throats!!!!!!!'

Looks like that GOP landslide will do no good. Let Obama veto everything they pass and then we can mock them because they can't get anything done.

We can also blame the deficit on the GOP Congress

I'm starting to like this GOP Landslide

Too early to make predictions. Heck the first week of November is too early sometimes.

The economy is starting to come back. The Rs will have to wish for the US to crash and burn to win big.

Have fun sleeping at night while you pray for the US to fail.

If the November elections than do nothing more than take away the Reid/Pelosi leadership positions, than all the better for the Democrat Party and America...

Wow - while midterms generally favor the minority party, the coming 2010 Election appears poised to show a massive shift in favor of the Republican Party, with a now very real possibility of the Republicans taking back leadership of the House.

RCP outlines the following:

House of Representatives: Currently +18 strongly in favor of the Republicans, but with an additional 30 seats currently labeled as toss-up - and of those 30 seats, Democrats currently hold 29 of them., meaning Democrat incumbents are now scrambling to maintain control of many seats they already have. If the Republicans manage to take 22 of those 29 "toss up" seats, they will most likely take back the House - a very distinct possiblity now. Pelosi is bye-bye...

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the House

U.S. Senate: RCP shows that the Republicans will likely pick up an additional four Senate seats, and possibly two more currently labeled toss up, for a total shift of six Senate seats, which while allowing Democrats to continue control of the Senate, would force the Democrats to have to negotiate fully with Republicans to get any legislation passed - and would also likely result in the ouster of Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader. Reid is bye-bye...

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate

A stunning political tide of discontent appears ready to once again wash over DC, with the current Democrat leadership to be drowned beneath its waters...

The economy is starting to come back. The Rs will have to wish for the US to crash and burn to win big.

Really? It is? Tell that to the 50 million + that are unemployed.

And I pray for OBAMA TO FAIL.

Yes, far too early to say the economy is "coming back".

And very few economists are predicting a health and sustainable recovery - anemic is among the most often utilized descriptions.

The economy is attempting to correct itself IN SPITE OF the Democrat leadership policies, not because of them - and the result has been a prolonged and quite possibly deepening recession. (Double Dip...egad)

The republican party would nuke the democrats in 2010 and 2012 if they would come up with something radical to get votes but I fear they won't and I am not inclined to vote for them until they propose something I like.

I wish other people would understand that as well.
How about reversing the Obama agenda as a start? The next Congress will be required to repeal healthcare if they want to be elected.

And very few economists are predicting a health and sustainable recovery - anemic is among the most often utilized descriptions.

The economy is attempting to correct itself IN SPITE OF the Democrat leadership policies, not because of them - and the result has been a prolonged and quite possibly deepening recession. (Double Dip...egad)

The "economy coming back" means squat when your take home pay decreases because of the new taxes and the elimination of the Bush freeze on taxes this year.

The "economy coming back" means squat when your take home pay decreases because of the new taxes and the elimination of the Bush freeze on taxes this year.

Excellent Point.

Id love the economy to come back. However, as long as the President pursues his current policies it wont.

Forum List

Back