RCP: Republican Landslide

Manufacturing slows in February - Mar. 1, 2010

It's obviously a weak report, but it follows a strong January report, which was the strongest we've seen in six years," said David Wyss, chief economist for Standard & Poor's. "We think a lot of this is weather-related."

In general, an index reading above 50.0 indicates manufacturing growth, while anything below 50 signals contraction. A reading above 42.0 generally implies expansion in the overall economy, making February the tenth consecutive month of economic growth.

The monthly report surveys ISM members, who are purchasing managers in the manufacturing industry.

Of the 18 manufacturing industries reporting, 11 posted growth including categories such as machinery, apparel, paper products, and computer & electronics. Five sectors reported contraction, including wood products, furniture & related products, and primary metals.

Employment: The employment index, a measure of growth in manufacturing jobs, also rose, reaching 56.1 from 53.3 in January. This is the third month of employment growth and the highest reading since January 2005.

"With these levels of activity, manufacturers are seemingly willing to hire where they have orders to support higher employment," said Norbert J. Ore, chair of the ISM Manufacturing Business Survey Committee in a press release.

Last edited:
You people care nothing about this country and the people in it.

You care only for your party and its failed ideas.

You people care nothing about this country and the people in it.

You care only for your party and its failed ideas.

Talking to yourself outloud again?

Who is pursuing policies the country doesnt want at the expense of the country?

If you want whats best for the country stop pursung this so called health care reform bill and cut the spending.

The economy is far from "recovered" but rather in a seemingly sustained mode of "less bad", which could quickly turn into "much worse".

The debt issue has never been more critical to the country's modern-era economic future than it is now.

We are truly on the brink - and this group of Democrat leaders, Obama included, appear both disinterested in reversing course, and utterly ignorant of the implications.

OR, they wish to actually take the country to the brink - but that is delving into conspiracy that I do not yet wish to entertain...

Girl%20Praying.jpg

"Please keep my mommy and daddy and my brother Tommy safe.
Please also keep Grammy and Grampa and Nana safe.
And Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary too.
And please let the Republicans win in 2010.
And send all the ******* back to Africa.
And kill all the muslims.
And please make all the fags get AIDS...

Oh...and please let me get a Bratz Lil Angelz Castle Play Set for my birthday.

AMEN"

The republican party would nuke the democrats in 2010 and 2012 if they would come up with something radical to get votes but I fear they won't and I am not inclined to vote for them until they propose something I like.

I wish other people would understand that as well.
How about reversing the Obama agenda as a start? The next Congress will be required to repeal healthcare if they want to be elected.

Hey dopey, the most conservative projections don't even give them the Senate, let alone a 2/3 majority.

You sir, are dumber than a bucket of stumps.

Yes, far too early to say the economy is "coming back".

And very few economists are predicting a health and sustainable recovery - anemic is among the most often utilized descriptions.

The economy is attempting to correct itself IN SPITE OF the Democrat leadership policies, not because of them - and the result has been a prolonged and quite possibly deepening recession. (Double Dip...egad)
The "economy coming back" means squat when your take home pay decreases because of the new taxes and the elimination of the Bush freeze on taxes this year.

Excellent Point.

Ooooh, but actually, the people who benefited most from El-Busto's disastrous tax cuts are not the ones hurting from this economy.

You are. And like other blind no-nothing partisans, you still wave the flag and rally for votes against your own best interests.

The republican party would nuke the democrats in 2010 and 2012 if they would come up with something radical to get votes but I fear they won't and I am not inclined to vote for them until they propose something I like.

I wish other people would understand that as well.
How about reversing the Obama agenda as a start? The next Congress will be required to repeal healthcare if they want to be elected.

Nothing is going to be repealed. They won't have the numbers.

Polls: In Key States, Public Option Far More Popular Than Senate Plan | The Plum Line

A batch of state polls by the non-partisan Research 2000 shows that in multiple states represented by key Dem Senators who will have to decide whether to support reconciliation, the public option polls far better than the Senate bill does, often by lopsided margins.

Here’s a rundown, sent over by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which commissioned the polls:

* In Nevada, only 34% support the Senate bill, while 56% support the public option.

* In Illinois, only 37% support the Senate bill, while 68% support the public option.

* In Washington State, only 38% support the Senate bill, while 65% support the public option.

* In Missouri, only 33% support the Senate bill, while 57% support the public option.

* In Virginia, only 36% support the Senate bill, while 61% support the public option.

* In Iowa, only 35% support the Senate bill, while 62% support the public option.

*In Minnesota, only 35% support the Senate bill, while 62% support the public option.

* In Colorado, only 32% support the Senate bill, while 58% support the public option.

Holy crap! You found a Progressive organization polling in favor of the public option. What a shocker!

You do realize that poll is a false dilemna right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back