RCMP link Ontario man to LeakedSource.com, home of 3 billion hacked accounts

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here is how much I understand Canada. I heard this story on CBC and I turned to my wife and said, "I guarantee you that the FBI were involved in this" I KNOW the RCMP are thoroughly incompetent and self serving in Canada, among many, so I would be shocked if they caught this guy on their own.

What happens in these cases, is the FBI do the work, the RCMP arrests and puts him in court and of course takes all the credit when the FBI brought them in for the stretch drive.

Of course, wouldn't you know it, right in the article at the end, telling you all you need to know:
The RCMP thanked Dutch police and the FBI for aiding their investigation.

I think once again, using the word "aiding" is an understatement. Without them, this would still be going on. So I will say, Thank you FBI (as usual), and the Dutch.

Dark net 'middle man' accused of possessing 3 billion pieces of stolen ID

An Ontario man is accused of running a website infamous for owning and selling billions of stolen identities, including usernames and passwords.

Jordan Evan Bloom, 27, of Thornhill, made his first provincial court appearance in Toronto on Monday on several cybercrime charges.

After more than a year and a half of investigating, Staff Sgt. Maurizio Rosa, a member of the RCMP's national cybercrime investigative team, called Bloom the "middle man" between the dark web and the internet Canadians use every day.

Forum List

Back