RAW Video: Israelis were attacked by Flotilla Mob

The law I cited IS FROM THE SAME DOCUMENT YOU DID. Don't lie and give me some shit about how its from South Africa.

Pray tell, what international court could the blockade be challenged in?

I never said it wasn't, but you seem to think that laws from anywhere that makes Israel look bad is applicable.

The law is from the SAME PLACE YOU CITED YOUR LAW. Its from the San Remo Manual. If you think its inapplicable why did YOU cite it? And if its applicable then wtf are you talking about?

Don't expect me to do all the work for you, if you want to know who has jurisdiction over the laws I cited look it up yourself.

I asked because there is no court with such jurisdiction. But way to dodge admitting that.

No, the killing was justified because they attacked the people legally boarding the boat.

If the Marines board a suspected pirate ship in international waters, and the crew attacked them, would you expect them to respond to knives and clubs with flowers, or deadly force?

You know, I bet you're one of those guys who believes in freedom and pursuit of happiness, right? Now you're saying it was 'legal' to board an unarmed vessel in international waters. I wonder how you marry/justify those two different trains of thought....

Because I am actually intelligent enough to know I do not know everything, and I can read.

Laws are necessary to the survival of society, and what happened was legal. Do you, as, I am assuming, believe that laws are needed, and that countries have the duty to enforce laws? Or are you an anarchist, and believe that all government should be thrown out?

San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflict at Sea

SECTION II : METHODS OF WARFARE

Blockade

93. A blockade shall be declared and notified to all belligerents and neutral States.

94. The declaration shall specify the commencement, duration, location, and extent of the blockade and the period within which vessels of neutral States may leave the blockaded coastline.

95. A blockade must be effective. The question whether a blockade is effective is a question of fact.

96. The force maintaining the blockade may be stationed at a distance determined by military requirements.

97. A blockade may be enforced and maintained by a combination of legitimate methods and means of warfare provided this combination does not result in acts inconsistent with the rules set out in this document.

98. Merchant vessels believed on reasonable grounds to be breaching a blockade may be captured. Merchant vessels which, after prior warning, clearly resist capture may be attacked.

SECTION IV : OTHER ENEMY VESSELS AND AIRCRAFT

Enemy merchant vessels

59. Enemy merchant vessels may only be attacked if they meet the definition of a military objective in paragraph 40.

60. The following activities may render enemy merchant vessels military objectives:

(a) engaging in belligerent acts on behalf of the enemy, e.g., laying mines, minesweeping, cutting undersea cables and pipelines, engaging in visit and search of neutral merchant vessels or attacking other merchant vessels;
(b) acting as an auxiliary to an enemy s armed forces, e.g., carrying troops or replenishing warships;
(c) being incorporated into or assisting the enemy s intelligence gathering system, e.g., engaging in reconnaissance, early warning, surveillance, or command, control and communications missions;
(d) sailing under convoy of enemy warships or military aircraft;
(e) refusing an order to stop or actively resisting visit, search or capture;
http://www.icrc.org/IHL.nsf/52d68d14de6160e0c12563da005fdb1b/7694fe2016f347e1c125641f002d49ce!OpenDocument

Under international law Israel would have bee fully justified in firing upon the vessel when it refused to stop, and even more justified in pulling its forces off the deck of the ship and sinking it after they were attacked. I happen to think they showed great restraint in not doing so, and I commend them for not causing more casualties.

94. The declaration shall specify the commencement, duration, location, and extent of the blockade and the period within which vessels of neutral States may leave the blockaded coastline

Interesting.

What is the specified duration of this blockade?

The law is from the SAME PLACE YOU CITED YOUR LAW. Its from the San Remo Manual. If you think its inapplicable why did YOU cite it? And if its applicable then wtf are you talking about?

The portion of the law you cited is not applicable because the blockade is not making life in Gaza as bad for the civilians there as you are trying to make it sound.

I asked because there is no court with such jurisdiction. But way to dodge admitting that.

If there is no court that can enforce the law, then it is not a law, which makes your argument that the blockade itself is illegal moot. So get busy and look it up for yourself.

The blockade will go away when the dumbasses stop trying to bomb Israel and release a POW they've had for 4 years.

"Israel said the blockade was intended to hold Hamas – which it views as a terrorist group – "responsible and accountable" for rocket attacks on Israeli territory. It is also intended to constrain Hamas's ability to rule in Gaza, and to put pressure on it to release Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held captive for four years."
Israel's Gaza blockade targets Hamas while citizens suffer | World news | guardian.co.uk

The blockade will go away when the dumbasses stop trying to bomb Israel and release a POW they've had for 4 years.

"Israel said the blockade was intended to hold Hamas – which it views as a terrorist group – "responsible and accountable" for rocket attacks on Israeli territory. It is also intended to constrain Hamas's ability to rule in Gaza, and to put pressure on it to release Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held captive for four years."
Israel's Gaza blockade targets Hamas while citizens suffer | World news | guardian.co.uk

Hamas has already stopped all suicide bombing. They have reduced rocket fire to a fraction of what they used to be and do not fire any themselves. They have an exchange deal on Israel's desk waiting for approval.

Hamas has already stopped all suicide bombing. They have reduced rocket fire to a fraction of what they used to be and do not fire any themselves. They have an exchange deal on Israel's desk waiting for approval.

I see how this works. The blockade chokes off the supply of missiles and explosives to Gaza, and Hamas takes credit for the resulting decline in explosions and missile attacks.

Gotta love that logic.

To all you dumbasses that fell for the propaganda spin. Watch it n' weep. Clearly soldiers are being attacked just as they are landing on the boat.

Anti-Israel sharks sniff O's weakness - NYPOST.com

Fucking thugs, they should of just machine gun sprayed that whole crowd.

And where were those goons "attacked?"

Oh yeah, on the boat they invaded.

And in international waters. Some people just suck and swallow anything the Zionist media spin machine puts out.

A naval blockade can be enforced anywhere in the world. If a ship departs from Japan and declares intent to go through the Gaza blockade then Israel can send ships to Japan and as soon as the boat leaves the dock the IDF have the legal right to board it for inspection without resistance from crew or passengers.

The portion of the law you cited is not applicable because the blockade is not making life in Gaza as bad for the civilians there as you are trying to make it sound.

Way to make some shit up there.

If there is no court that can enforce the law, then it is not a law, which makes your argument that the blockade itself is illegal moot. So get busy and look it up for yourself.

Do you really have no understanding of how international law works?

That something is not judicable does not mean that thing is legal. I know you don't know what judicable means. Look it up.

And in international waters. Some people just suck and swallow anything the Zionist media spin machine puts out.

A naval blockade can be enforced anywhere in the world. If a ship departs from Japan and declares intent to go through the Gaza blockade then Israel can send ships to Japan and as soon as the boat leaves the dock the IDF have the legal right to board it for inspection without resistance from crew or passengers.

Israel does NOT have the right to search Japanese boats in Japanese territorial waters. Period.

To all you dumbasses that fell for the propaganda spin. Watch it n' weep. Clearly soldiers are being attacked just as they are landing on the boat.

Anti-Israel sharks sniff O's weakness - NYPOST.com

Fucking thugs, they should of just machine gun sprayed that whole crowd.

I see how this works. The blockade chokes off the supply of missiles and explosives to Gaza, and Hamas takes credit for the resulting decline in explosions and missile attacks.

Gotta love that logic.

You're a dumbfuck. The naval blockade didn't choke military supplies because those have been delivered mainly through land crossings.

Israel does NOT have the right to search Japanese boats in Japanese territorial waters. Period.

Try to pay attention. Maritime Law allows a blockade to be enforced anywhere on Earth. Period. It could be a Columbian ship departing from Antartica carrying Russian tourists. If that ship announces it intends to go through the blockade then Israel has the legal right to intercept and board that ship the moment it leaves port.

Gotta love that logic.

And they stopped suicide bombing because they ran out of belts.:eusa_whistle:

Try to pay attention. Maritime Law allows a blockade to be enforced anywhere on Earth. Period. It could be a Columbian ship departing from Antartica carrying Russian tourists. If that ship announces it intends to go through the blockade then Israel has the legal right to intercept and board that ship the moment it leaves port.

I am paying attention. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Territorial waters means it is that countries territory. They have FULL sovereign control of that territory. Israel going onto Japanese waters to attack a Japanese ship would be treated as a declaration of war on Japan regardless of the stated intent of the Japanese vessel.

It would be no different than Israel bombing a land convoy on Japanese land.

I am paying attention. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Territorial waters means it is that countries territory. They have FULL sovereign control of that territory. Israel going onto Japanese waters to attack a Japanese ship would be treated as a declaration of war on Japan regardless of the stated intent of the Japanese vessel.

"The US Commander's Handbook on the Law of Naval Operations sets forth that a vessel is considered to be in attempt to breach a blockade from the time the vessel leaves its port with the intention of evading the blockade."
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Governmen...lockade_Gaza-Legal_background_31-May-2010.htm

"The US Commander's Handbook on the Law of Naval Operations sets forth that a vessel is considered to be in attempt to breach a blockade from the time the vessel leaves its port with the intention of evading the blockade."
The Gaza flotilla and the maritime blockade of Gaza - Legal background 31-May-2010

Congratulations. That doesn't mean that Israel can legally invade a neutral countries territory to do anything about it.

The Gaza flotilla and the maritime blockade of Gaza - Legal background 31-May-2010

Congratulations. That doesn't mean that Israel can legally invade a neutral countries territory to do anything about it.

Oh I see...you want the upgraded CL treatment. Pay attention closer you fucking cocksucking asswipe:

"....a vessel is considered to be in attempt to breach a blockade from the time the vessel leaves its port with the intention of evading the blockade."

This is an internationally recognized law you fucking ignorant ****. A ship in Japan's water is not afforded the legal protections of Japan's Sovereignty because it waives that legal right upon announcement of intending to go through a naval blockade. If a Japanese military vessel makes the statement it plans to go through the blockade then that is equivalent to a declaration of war against the nation having the naval blockade.

Go ahead and embarrass the fuck out of yourself some more. Since no one is nore against what Israel did than I am you cannot hide behind the claim I'm biased. No matter how much I hate an action I never let my emotions overrule Reason. Give it a shot sometime Supertar.

If anyone on board the flotillas impeded an IDF cargo investigation then the IDF had the legal right to use force. It may suck but without the Rule of Law there would be nothing.

You're a dumbfuck. The naval blockade didn't choke military supplies because those have been delivered mainly through land crossings.

The blockade covers both the land and the ocean, not just the ocean. I am not talking about the naval blockade, which is only a portion of the blockade, exclusively.

Want to try again?

I thought not.

Forum List

Back