Raven Symone Says She’s ‘american’ Not ‘african-american’

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
"“I’m tired of being labeled. I’m an American. I’m not an African-American; I’m an American,” Raven said."

"“What I really mean by that is I’m an American. That’s what I really mean,” Raven replied. “I have darker skin. I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with caucasian. I connect with Asian. I connect with black. I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture,” Raven said."

That s so Raven Oprah flips when Raven Symone says she s American not African-American 8211 Glenn Beck

Well said girlfriend, and Glenn? STOP with the silly Oprah crap.

I like her. She just doesn't see the need to be labeled according to race or orientation. Of course, lefties won't like that since they put us all in groups.

I liked her statement that she's just a human being who love other human beings.

Except Oprah didnt flip. She warned Raven that some people would be upset.
Why would she do that( Oprah)...
Becuawse we live in aworkd with a bunch of useless hypersensitive douche bags who go through their day searching for things with which to bother themselves.
And for every 100 or so of these assholes is some POS media type who has no ideas for a story, so they resort to "breaking news "(Fill in name of group) offended by comments!!!!!!!!"
Useless piles of organic material. Every one of them.

Oprah understands how the left thinks and she knows this will upset some of them.

I have often said that I appreciate any president who can simply address everyone at the same time by starting with, "My fellow Americans....." Instead we see people separated into groups and each spoken to in a different manner with a different message. Doesn't get any more divisive than that.

It would be nice if we were merely separated by the good and the bad. There are issues that should concern every American, regardless of sex, age, orientation or race.

Becuawse we live in aworkd with a bunch of useless hypersensitive douche bags who go through their day searching for things with which to bother themselves.
And for every 100 or so of these assholes is some POS media type who has no ideas for a story, so they resort to "breaking news "(Fill in name of group) offended by comments!!!!!!!!"
Because she knows that Black people are very particular about identifying themselves. It will be seen as a refutation of her being a Black person even though anyone that has watched the girl knows she is definitely pro Black.

Because she knows that Black people are very particular about identifying themselves. It will be seen as a refutation of her being a Black person even though anyone that has watched the girl knows she is definitely pro Black.
I have no idea what your post means.
I think Ms Samone is trying to say she considers herself an American and that is all anyone needs to know.
I do think you are offended by her comments. Why?
Because of some silly ritual made up by a few people who think the identity of an individual is more important than the individual?
I commend her for walking off the reservation. She is a true American. An individual who sees herself as a person with the ability to take herself as far as her abilities will permit. And no one can stop her.

And why are "black people very particular about identifying themselves"?.....It's pretty easy to tell. I mean, it's stating the obvious.
BTW Ms Samone never stated she did not acknowledge her race. She plainly and clearly stated she did not wish to label herself as "African"..Because she's not. She IS an American. Born in Louisiana.

I have no idea what your post means.
I think Ms Samone is trying to say she considers herself an American and that is all anyone needs to know.
I do think you are offended by her comments. Why?
Because of some silly ritual made up by a few people who think the identity of an individual is more important than the individual?
I commend her for walking off the reservation. She is a true American. An individual who sees herself as a person with the ability to take herself as far as her abilities will permit. And no one can stop her.

What confused you about my post and what makes you think I'm offended? I call myself Black/African American and I have taken myself farther than most of the people in this country.

And why are "black people very particular about identifying themselves"?.....It's pretty easy to tell. I mean, it's stating the obvious.
BTW Ms Samone never stated she did not acknowledge her race. She plainly and clearly stated she did not wish to label herself as "African"..Because she's not. She IS an American. Born in Louisiana.

Because they want to be.

Because it gives them a collective identity.

Because it instills pride.

Because the moon rises and the sun sets.

I know she didnt hide from her race. What are you upset about?

Forum List

Back