Raul Castro at Vatican thanks pope for Cuban-US detente, says he might return to church's fold

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The pontiff "is a Jesuit, and I, in some way, am too," Castro said at a news conference. "I always studied at Jesuit schools."

"When the pope goes to Cuba in September, I promise to go to all his Masses, and with satisfaction," Castro said at a news conference at the office of Italian Premier Matteo Renzi, whom he met with after the Vatican talks.

"I read all the speeches of the pope, his commentaries, and if the pope continues this way, I will go back to praying and go back to the church, and I'm not joking," he said.
Castro Pope Francis so impressive I might return to church - US News

He's not joking. But, don't misstep there or that's it.

The pontiff "is a Jesuit, and I, in some way, am too," Castro said at a news conference. "I always studied at Jesuit schools."

"When the pope goes to Cuba in September, I promise to go to all his Masses, and with satisfaction," Castro said at a news conference at the office of Italian Premier Matteo Renzi, whom he met with after the Vatican talks.

"I read all the speeches of the pope, his commentaries, and if the pope continues this way, I will go back to praying and go back to the church, and I'm not joking," he said.

A commie pope appeals to a commie.

No mystery here.

VIVA Fidel(and lil Raul)!

Fidel isn't dead yet, is he? From whom does Raul take orders?

A commie pope appeals to a commie.

No mystery here.

VIVA Fidel(and lil Raul)!

He's not a communist by a long shot. He talks a good game and that is what we usually see printed but once you start digging and what else he is saying and with whom he is saying it to then you see him for what he is.

Fidel isn't dead yet, is he? From whom does Raul take orders?

Fidel is alive and is quite active behind the scenes. Raul has been front and center for awhile now.

Age old tale, everyone has their price and the devil finds that price for your soul, but selling your people in the process, should be the issue.

Let's see. The Pope goes back in September and it is the Pope that brokered the "thaw" with the US......

So, I don't think the argument that Fidel is still alive is going to work.

Forum List

Back