Rats tax

"Take the gigantic world of corporate tax avoidance. Ronald Reagan signed the Tax Reform Act of 1986 that was designed to increase corporate tax revenues by over 30 percent.

"Today, President Obama wants to diminish or delete some tax loopholes (technically called tax expenditures) for large corporations, but let most of the revenues be cancelled out by lowering the corporate tax rates.

"How the world changes"

Corporate Tax Escapees and You | Common Dreams

Eliminate all taxes if you worry about transfer of wealth from the rich to the poor or the poor to the rich. I say abolish all federal taxes and have the states choose their tax policy. The Federal government could then collect a portion of the state's revenue dependent on population of each state. I would favor a LOW, FLAT, sales tax on all items (FAIR tax does not fit this description).
How do you feel about cutting the Pentagon's allowance in half?

Close down 90% of US bases outside the homeland, and plow the savings into high speed rail and universal internet construction?

Eliminate all taxes if you worry about transfer of wealth from the rich to the poor or the poor to the rich. I say abolish all federal taxes and have the states choose their tax policy. The Federal government could then collect a portion of the state's revenue dependent on population of each state. I would favor a LOW, FLAT, sales tax on all items (FAIR tax does not fit this description).
How do you feel about cutting the Pentagon's allowance in half
I'd say you're on the right track.

Close down 90% of US bases outside the homeland
Only 90%?

and plow the savings into high speed rail and universal internet construction?
No. With the reduced spending pay off medicare and social security benefits for those who based their savings around the false promise of these programs, then completely end the programs and phase them out. Money left over should be used to pay off debts, and taxes should be lowered. Government should remove restrictions and make it easier and profitable for the free market to provide high speed rail systems and internet infrastructure.

If you cut spending in one place, and then spend more in another, you are not saving anything, nor are you solving the budget problems.

Yeah we should have never given all that money to those lazy poor people when they crashed the world economy by gaming the our economy by writing all thoie sub primes and then packaging them off into securities and sold them to unspecting buyers to make a huge profit.......oh wait that wasnt the poor people who did that was it.

Your such an ass.

Maybe, but he's a truthful one. Can't argue the point, eh?

Well, if we could enter homes and crush nuts of lazy fucking Americans stuck to their couches who don't work and don't vote, you might turn this country around. Anything less won't work.

Actually, I think American workers are the best in the world. :beer:

Well, if we could enter homes and crush nuts of lazy fucking Americans stuck to their couches who don't work and don't vote, you might turn this country around. Anything less won't work.
And at the same time we could repeal the Bush tax cuts on all capital incomes (capital gains, dividends, interest, inheritance).

Or, perhaps you and your 47% brethren could start paying something.
So you are for repealing the Bush tax cuts that increased the number of people not paying income taxes from about 25% to about 50% to buy votes.

Oh, wait a minute, CON$ want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent so they can permanently bitch about 47% not paying income taxes.
Go Figure! :cuckoo:

Warren Buffet and GE pay less taxes than American households. 14%. Obama is willing to knock 4 trillion off spending. This is historic and it represents the greatest spending cuts in history. But the Republicans won't even close loopholes On billionaires. The president is willing to cut medicare and lower the corporate tax rate. He is giving the Right more than they have ever been given by ANY president. But the republican universe is controlled by a message system which won't let the prols see what is happening. The country is being sacrificed for special interests, which interests have created too many useful idiots on this board. It's scary. As much as I think Reagan was a disaster - because he left the country in a permanent revenue crisis - if he were alive, perhaps the Republicans would have a leader at a time when they are being collectively strangled by special interest Kool aid. The GOP needs an adult to stand up to Norquist. They need someone to tell the talk radio hordes what has been done to their capacity to think

Last edited:
Warren Buffet and GE pay less taxes than American households. 14%. Obama is willing to knock 4 trillion off spending. This is historic and it represents the greatest spending cuts in history. But the Republicans won't even close loopholes On billionaires. The president is willing to cut medicare and lower the corporate tax rate. He is giving the Right more than they have ever been given by ANY president. But the republican universe is controlled by a message system which won't let the prols see what is happening. The country is being sacrificed for special interests, which interests have created too many useful idiots on this board. It's scary. As much as I think Reagan was a disaster - because he left the country in a permanent revenue crisis - if he were alive, perhaps the Republicans would have a leader at a time when they are being collectively strangled by special interest Kool aid. The GOP needs an adult to stand up to Norquist. They need someone to tell the talk radio hordes what has been done to their capacity to think

You should research the AMT.
What loopholes on billionaires are you talking about?
Could you post a list?

What's really scary for me is the realization that many of today's conservatives have lived through the last thirty years of steadily widening income inequality without connecting the dots between a tax shift in favor of capital incomes (rents, interest, dividends and capital gains), a 50 percent decline in corporate income tax receipts, "and a doubling of payments into the payroll tax (from roughly 20 percent to 40 percent of federal tax revenues."

This has resulted in a total annual income shift of $1 trillion a year as of 2011.

Solutions like repealing the Bush tax cuts on all capital income, and extending the 12.4 percent payroll tax to all capital incomes over $100,000/year are dismissed as "class warfare" by the cons without ever considering how the richest among us came to possess so much money in the first place.

Socialize the cost.
Privatize the profits.
It's what all governments have done for the last 5000 years.

Emergency Labor Network Crafts Program to Reverse the American Tax Shift | Truthout

Forum List

Back