Rather Signs Off Tonight

I know he won't be able to see me, but I'll be there flipping him the finger.

Bye-bye blowhard. :321: :bye1:

You know, I bet it has to be especially galling to Danny-boy that he was knocked off his pedestal by those "pajama clad" people which he holds in such utter contempt.

See ya, Dan-O. Hopefully your departure will be the herald of some degree of truth returning to news reporting and some degree of self-serving bias departing.

Merlin1047 said:
I know he won't be able to see me, but I'll be there flipping him the finger.

Bye-bye blowhard. :321: :bye1:

You know, I bet it has to be especially galling to Danny-boy that he was knocked off his pedestal by those "pajama clad" people which he holds in such utter contempt.

See ya, Dan-O. Hopefully your departure will be the herald of some degree of truth returning to news reporting and some degree of self-serving bias departing.

Brokaw,now Rather,could this be the start of something new?!!! I'm anxious to see who will take over his seat permantly.I'm not sure how Brian Williams is doing over there at NBC,but it couldn't be any worse than what Brokaw and Rather have been doing all these years-I hope. I typically watch FOX News,but they say Fox has started a new trend-we shall see.

Never watched him and not going to watch him leave either. Goodbye to the commie, hopefully someone conservative takes his place.

gaffer said:
Never watched him and not going to watch him leave either. Goodbye to the commie, hopefully someone conservative takes his place.

I've never watched him either. Didn't watch tonight,and let's hope someone that can report fairly does take his place so the people without cable,can get a better look at the news. Probably won't happen though!!

Well I watched the last few minutes just so I could flip him off as I said I would.

Surprisingly, he was fairly low-key and not at all whiney. I'll be interested to see if he maintains that demeanor once he hits the lecture circuit.

krisy said:
I missed it. I had more important things to do like watching paint dry, and organizing my sock drawer.

It's the end of a long, sad era. Dan Rather was the personification of blind ambition that had no sense of propriety. Dan Rather made a career out of distorting truth starting from his days as a reporter in Dallas during the Kennedy assassination (there is an article in the Weekly Standard that details how he purposefully bent the truth and took credit for other people's reporting) to the one last final lie that he tried to foist on us during the past election.

Back in 1963, there was no Internet, no other voice to disprove his half truths, so he got away with it. Dan Rather's problem is that it is 2005 and the world has changed, but he hasn't realized it yet. There are a lot of different news sources out there that the networks and Dan Rather don't control. The truth finally caught up with Dan Rather.

The hens, as they say, have finally come home to roost.

The story I always think about when I think about Rather is one my brother told me about an article in a war mag he read about how Danny was over in Vietnam and knew about an enemy plan of attack and didn't tell our troops. As a result,several were killed. He felt it would have been "taking sides". The man being interviewed said if Rather would have been standing in front of him at that moment-he would have popped him. This kind of thing fuels hatred for him,and proved the extent of damage the Liberal bias can have. Stipid,stupid,man!!

Rather's ego started to inflate during the Viet Nam war. He got another boost during the Chicago Dem convention. Then he really got out of control after Watergate. I believe that Rather truly views himself as being a god. I believe that he holds the American public in utter disdain and contempt.

Rather has no regard for the facts. He views the news as a tool to shape public opinion. He, like so many Hollywood types and other "celebrities" forget how they attained their status and begin to view the rest of us as incompetent morons who need their guidance.

In other words, they become liberals.

Merlin1047 said:
Rather's ego started to inflate during the Viet Nam war. He got another boost during the Chicago Dem convention. Then he really got out of control after Watergate. I believe that Rather truly views himself as being a god. I believe that he holds the American public in utter disdain and contempt.

Rather has no regard for the facts. He views the news as a tool to shape public opinion. He, like so many Hollywood types and other "celebrities" forget how they attained their status and begin to view the rest of us as incompetent morons who need their guidance.

In other words, they become liberals.

One of the many differences between God and a liberal..... God doesn't think He's a liberal

(plus God does the burning bush thing better .... have you tried to put out a burning liberal? After throwing water on one, then hitting him with a shovel and stomping all over him, there's not much left! :) )

Forum List

Back