Rare Snipes return to the Welsh border

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1598529192879.png

First rime since 95.I havent seen one and I would have noticed. That is a hell of a beak.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
I remember going on Snipe hunts as a child.
They were quite tasty

1598529587607.jpeg

They were quite tasty

View attachment 380598
Tasty but elusive.

I found that if I went out at midnight with a flashlight and a pillow case I could come back with a whole pillow case full of tasty Snipes. It helped if I wore my hat backwards and squawked like a female Snipe
They look a bit small for eating ?
Taste like Chicken!

They were quite tasty

View attachment 380598
Tasty but elusive.

I found that if I went out at midnight with a flashlight and a pillow case I could come back with a whole pillow case full of tasty Snipes. It helped if I wore my hat backwards and squawked like a female Snipe
Taste like Chicken!
I think you may get in trouble if you hunt our Snipes. Im a bit surprised they have disclosed the location of the nests. Egg hunters tend to be attracted to these places.

They were quite tasty

View attachment 380598
Tasty but elusive.

Taste like Chicken!
I think you may get in trouble if you hunt our Snipes. Im a bit surprised they have disclosed the location of the nests. Egg hunters tend to be attracted to these places.
American Snipes are much different

They have teeth like a Gator and can run faster than a Gazelle

Forum List

Back