Rare early season storm brings record-setting snowfall to Maine

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
It's getting too warm!! All of this damn snow keeps falling!!

BRUNSWICK Maine (Reuters) - A rare early season snowstorm brought 50-miles-per-hour (80-kph) winds and record-breaking snowfall to parts of Maine overnight, leaving more than 140,000 homes and businesses without power on Monday.

Governor Paul LePage declared a limited state of emergency as slippery driving conditions, downed trees and white-out conditions led to a spike in accidents and shut down many local roads.

The massive, "nor’easter" storm dropped snow as far south as South Carolina, with snowflakes flying in coastal Charleston following a string of days over 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27C).

National Weather Service meteorologists reported the heaviest snowfall in northern Maine and along the state’s northeastern coast, shattering records for earliest double-digit snowfall totals in Bangor, which received 12 inches (30 cm), and Caribou, with 10.1 inches (25.67 centimeters).

The small town of Cary, Maine, along the Canadian border in northeastern corner of the state received a record-breaking 21 inches (53 centimeters).

Rare early season storm brings record-setting snowfall to Maine - Yahoo News

Yeah it's cold here too. And I was running my wood stove a month ago, October 4. Earliest ever.

So what?

15 to 17 inches of snow....I still don't have electricity since yesterday at noon and it may not be back up until wednesday or thursday...

got the generator running... to get the refrigerator cold

lost 2 trees as well.... it was like a hurricane only with snow... a true blizzard! And my region, which got hit the hardest, was suppose to get only freezing rain cuz we are on the coast where the water keeps us warmer than inland....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we got SLAMMED with snow....

and cuz we are rural, we will be the last ones to get our electric back...

140,000 have lost electric out of around 1 million in the whole state

Yeah it's cold here too. And I was running my wood stove a month ago, October 4. Earliest ever.

So what?

Yeah, that's what the dinosaurs said just before the onset of the ice age.

Wider and wilder weather swings with an overall warming.

Lay off the kool aid rocks...it is having a seriously detrimental effect on you....colder winters coupled with no warming is what we are observing....the warmest this and warmest that are artifacts of data tampering...not warming.

Reality is 95% perception!!!

Always has been...............always will be. Except of course, if your permanent residency is a bubble!!:2up:

When people start freezing their balls off in early November and are freezing their balls off well into late spring, nobody ( except the mental cases) are sitting home at the dinner table lamenting that Congress isn't going to do dick about climate change. They'll be talking about their huge energy bill to keep their houses warm!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::coffee:

Do you believe the entire planet is having cold winters?

I don't operate on belief....what I know is that the warmest places on earth are invariably the places with the least instrumental coverage allowing the greatest fill in by climate science....it is those few places with little coverage whose "very warm" temperatures seem to be enough to raise the temperature everywhere.

global-surface-temperature-anomaly-nasa-giss.gif

I don't operate on belief....what I know is that the warmest places on earth are invariably the places with the least instrumental coverage allowing the greatest fill in by climate science....it is those few places with little coverage whose "very warm" temperatures seem to be enough to raise the temperature everywhere.

funny how that works

funny how that works
Isn't it though?

To whom are you speaking? What "tit-shaking?

The quote is in my post. Unless you have Skookbil on Ignore.

You prolly got a notification that I quoted you, but I was quoting his reply to you. The notification system notifies everybody in the conversation.

Forum List

Back