Rape babies

We don't put rapists to death. Why would we put the innocent child conceived during a rape to death?

I have a sister who is adopted.

Some time after reaching adulthood, she successfully tracked down her biological mother, and learned of the circumstances of her conception and birth.

I think the term “rape baby” is offensive. It implies that the child conceived in rape bears some culpability for that crime, and for the subsequent trauma to the mother. My sister was certainly an example of such circumstances, under which many would have defended the “right” of her biological mother to have had her killed. Fortunately for my sister, and for all the lives she has touched, her biological mother chose to let her live, and to put her up for adoption. My sister has five children, and one grandchild—that's six more human beings who would not have lived, if she had not been allowed to live. The impact on humanity as a whole is immeasurable. It's like the point that is made in It's a Wonderful Life, about how every life affects so many others, and that removing one has more impact than you can imagine.

Those of you who would have denied my sister's humanity, and her right to live, her right to exist, purely because of the adverse circumstances under which she was conceived, I'm sure that most of you have not the faintest glimmer of understanding of the true significance of what it is you would have been denying. To deny the humanity and right to life of an innocent child is obvious enough, and bad enough, but you have no idea of the impact that that child will have, or would have had, on others.

We don't put rapists to death. Why would we put the innocent child conceived during a rape to death?

Some time after reaching adulthood, she successfully tracked down her biological mother, and learned of the circumstances of her conception and birth.

I think the term “rape baby” is offensive. It implies that the child conceived in rape bears some culpability for that crime, and for the subsequent trauma to the mother. My sister was certainly an example of such circumstances, under which many would have defended the “right” of her biological mother to have had her killed. Fortunately for my sister, and for all the lives she has touched, her biological mother chose to let her live, and to put her up for adoption. My sister has five children, and one grandchild—that's six more human beings who would not have lived, if she had not been allowed to live. The impact on humanity as a whole is immeasurable. It's like the point that is made in It's a Wonderful Life, about how every life affects so many others, and that removing one has more impact than you can imagine.

Those of you who would have denied my sister's humanity, and her right to live, her right to exist, purely because of the adverse circumstances under which she was conceived, I'm sure that most of you have not the faintest glimmer of understanding of the true significance of what it is you would have been denying. To deny the humanity and right to life of an innocent child is obvious enough, and bad enough, but you have no idea of the impact that that child will have, or would have had, on others.

Oh please. No one would deny that it's a wonderful thing the biological mother chose to go thru with the pregnancy & give birth, because that is what she wanted to do.

But that was her choice.

BTW, I have someone in my life that had the same awful attack happen & she CHOSE a different path. She does not regret it & in fact terminating most likely saved HER life. I thank God she was able to choose for herself.

Your opinion...what should happen with conception that took place through sexual assault?

Thank you for all answers.

-

It is so rare as to be not much of an issue.

Abortion promoters like to promote this as if it was relevant, but it isn't. I think it is something like one out of 10 million pregnancies.

Whether it's one or a thousand matters not whether it should be legal. Nobody 'promotes' abortion either.

dont most hospital offer the morning after pill to rape victims....there is a heavily religious doc on children conceived from rape....the mothers were of the mind that an abortion would only add to the pain and add guilt...and some saw it as something good coming out of something bad

Whether it's one or a thousand matters not whether it should be legal. Nobody 'promotes' abortion either.

Of course it matters. It is an occurrence that is so rare as to be negligible. Abortion promoters present this as if it is a daily occurrence. There probably isn't one birth a year attributable to rape. Building public policy on extreme exceptions to normal life is the act of charlatans.

Of course it matters. It is an occurrence that is so rare as to be negligible. Abortion promoters present this as if it is a daily occurrence. There probably isn't one birth a year attributable to rape. Building public policy on extreme exceptions to normal life is the act of charlatans.

LOL. Any woman with working ovaries is a potential victim.

Period. EOM.

'Building public policy on extreme exceptions to normal life is the act of charlatans'

Save your huffing & puffing for things like the Patriot Act.

Period. EOM.

'Building public policy on extreme exceptions to normal life is the act of charlatans'

Abortion is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. There are those who profit heavily from it. These people will generally do anything to increase the number of abortions and thus the profits incurred.

Clearly you are an abortion promoter and are willing to play fast and easy to increase the profitability of it.

BTW, any woman with a functioning brain will not get pregnant from rape.

Plan B
Morning After

Period. EOM.

Abortion is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. There are those who profit heavily from it. These people will generally do anything to increase the number of abortions and thus the profits incurred.

Clearly you are an abortion promoter and are willing to play fast and easy to increase the profitability of it.

Plan B
Morning After
The morning after pill is akin to abortion for some because conception may have already happened.

Period. EOM.

Plan B
Morning After

Uh-huh. the morning after pill allows a very narrow window to be able to work. Some women may not have a functioning brain after being so viciously attacked.

nI2eMtk.jpg

Uh-huh. the morning after pill allows a very narrow window to be able to work. Some women may not have a functioning brain after being so viciously attacked.

nI2eMtk.jpg

I figured you were a typical pro-abortion advocate - not a hint of integrity,

The topic itself is a lie, so no surprise that dishonestly underpins your entire argument.

Tell me, how much did you earn from abortions of rape victims last year?

Nada? Because there were none, and this is all a bullshitting point that abortion promoters float out in direct opposition to reality?

nI2eMtk.jpg

I figured you were a typical pro-abortion advocate - not a hint of integrity,

The topic itself is a lie, so no surprise that dishonestly underpins your entire argument.

Tell me, how much did you earn from abortions of rape victims last year?

Nada? Because there were none, and this is all a bullshitting point that abortion promoters float out in direct opposition to reality?

I am pro choice & you are ridiculous. But gotta admit, you make me chuckle.

The morning after pill is akin to abortion for some because conception may have already happened.

It's legal in all 50 state. making the bullshit of the Abortion promoters clear. There is no legitimacy to the topic.
Has nothing to do with legal or not. Religious people are against it for the reason I mentioned.

And what's with the big annoying H with the arrow? Does it mean something?

I am pro choice & you are ridiculous. But gotta admit, you make me chuckle.

So HOW many abortions on rape victims in the last year?

None?

Okay, how about the last DECADE?

Can you find any?

Abortion promoters are concerned with making money, not being honest.

I personally know of one & that's enough. But it's none of any one's business & I am positive not every woman will tell why she's getting an abortion- whether she was raped, BC failed, or is a two bit street walking whore that seems to be the poster child for any pro birther. Not every woman reports it either so numbers will never be accurate.

It's legal in all 50 state. making the bullshit of the Abortion promoters clear. There is no legitimacy to the topic.
Has nothing to do with legal or not. Religious people are against it for the reason I mentioned.

it's certainly not for the idea that 'it takes a village to raise a child'... interesting little side note 'eh?

I personally know of one & that's enough. But it's none of any one's business & I am positive not every woman will tell why she's getting an abortion- whether she was raped, BC failed, or is a two bit street walking whore that seems to be the poster child for any pro birther. Not every woman reports it either so numbers will never be accurate.

It's a non-issue that abortion promoters hype due the emotional aspect. Abortion is used for birth control. Rape and incest are utterly irrelevant, accounting for 1 in 10 million abortions.

So why do abortion promoters hype this? Because it is a means to get around any common sense restrictions. When late term abortions started being restricted in the early 21st century. the abortion industry began using rape as a means of getting around the restrictions. When opponents started asking uncomfortable questions like "didn't the victim know she was raped until her 8th month?" Big abortion got nasty. Big abortion has billions of dollars a year at stake, and isn't going to allow fact and logic to harm the bottom line. When Georgia passed a law that women had to file a criminal compliant to use the rape exception, Big Abortion went ballistic, but PBA's dropped to virtually nothing.

It's a non-issue that abortion promoters hype due the emotional aspect. Abortion is used for birth control. Rape and incest are utterly irrelevant, accounting for 1 in 10 million abortions.

So why do abortion promoters hype this? Because it is a means to get around any common sense restrictions. When late term abortions started being restricted in the early 21st century. the abortion industry began using rape as a means of getting around the restrictions. When opponents started asking uncomfortable questions like "didn't the victim know she was raped until her 8th month?" Big abortion got nasty. Big abortion has billions of dollars a year at stake, and isn't going to allow fact and logic to harm the bottom line. When Georgia passed a law that women had to file a criminal compliant to use the rape exception, Big Abortion went ballistic, but PBA's dropped to virtually nothing.

All that did was force women to lie then. And late term abortions are the exception, not the rule & occur less than any other termination procedure by far.

Has everything to do with legal. A woman raped can easily use Plan B or the Morning After and never need to buy the service of Planned Parenthood, i.e. big abortion. A woman with religious objections to birth control, is certainly not going to have an abortion, so your argument is disingenuous.

There is no reason and no excuse for abortion in the case of rape - pregnancy is 100% preventable.

This is actually true about all abortion.

The Kermit Gosnells of the world may have to go back to being traditional serial killers, but abortion has no place in a modern, civilized society.

Forum List

Back