Rape babies

It's a terrible thing, but, I feel that abortion should not legal.
I'm trying to think - if I had a daughter and this happened to her, would I feel the same?

Regardless, all human life should be given an opportunity to live. Endure the 9 months of pregnancy and give the child up for adoption (or keep the child if that is the desire of the rape victim)

But the pregnant female needs to have that choice... not someone else that isn't her.

So if a woman wants to abort, what's your plan to stop her? :popcorn:
Who says I'm going to stop her? The OP asked for opinions, I gave mine.
No plan. Got it.
No plan? Maybe you think you need to swoop in and run other peoples lives, Mudda. I don't.

Do you want to see Roe v Wade overturned?
That's not the topic.

It sure is a component. If you want to see & vote in people who want to overturn
R v W, then you sure as hell want to run other people's lives.

I'm trying to think - if I had a daughter and this happened to her, would I feel the same?

Regardless, all human life should be given an opportunity to live. Endure the 9 months of pregnancy and give the child up for adoption (or keep the child if that is the desire of the rape victim)

But the pregnant female needs to have that choice... not someone else that isn't her.

As is stands now, the law allows her to have that choice.

If abortion were illegal, her choice would be that or have a back-street abortion..... or I guess the morning after pill (is that even still around?)

I have mixed feelings on it, but ultimately, I just think it's wrong to end a life that is of no fault of the life that is conceived...... there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary... it's just my personal thoughts on it......

No plan. Got it.
No plan? Maybe you think you need to swoop in and run other peoples lives, Mudda. I don't.

That's not the topic.

It sure is a component. If you want to see & vote in people who want to overturn
You are assuming who I want to vote for and why. You aren't listening to me. Based on your prejudices, you have plunked me into a category. You are not thinking, only spewing talking points. You may not mind wasting your time, but you will waste no more of mine.

As is stands now, the law allows her to have that choice.

If abortion were illegal, her choice would be that or have a back-street abortion..... or I guess the morning after pill (is that even still around?)

I have mixed feelings on it, but ultimately, I just think it's wrong to end a life that is of no fault of the life that is conceived...... there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary... it's just my personal thoughts on it......

I can understand your feelings & thoughts. I even respect when it's faith based... but I have to disagree when another's 'reasoning' tries to have reign over another's autonomy. One big problem is people use the word 'baby' or 'child'... when most abortions (just like miscarriages) occur within the first few months of gestation, but think fully formed diaper ready babies are being aborted.

No plan. Got it.

That's not the topic.

You are assuming who I want to vote for and why. You aren't listening to me. Based on your prejudices, you have plunked me into a category. You are not thinking, only spewing talking points. You may not mind wasting your time, but you will waste no more of mine.

You not answering that question just answered it.

You should move to Saudi Arabia. Abortion isn't legal there. Need help packing?

So if a woman wants to abort, what's your plan to stop her? :popcorn:
No plan. Got it.
Except that you're arguing that she should keep it. EPIC FAIL!
You are an epic failure at listening. I said I hope she has the child. Whether she keeps the baby or gives it up for adoption is her choice. Choice. Isn't that what you believe in?
You hope she has the child. In other words, you have no concept of what it's like to be raped and pregnant. Got it.

Opinions vary. Mature people know how to disagree without being nasty ... :)

We don't put rapists to death. Why would we put the innocent child conceived during a rape to death?

One has nothing to do with the other unless you going to tell that to the victim of a rape. Coincidentally, she wont care about your apple and orange theory either.

Opinion isn't law thankfully. The offer to help pack stands.

Thanks for admitting your immaturity... not that everyone else didn't notice... ;)

Thanks for admitting your immaturity... not that everyone else didn't notice... ;)
So how would you stop abortions? :popcorn:

I never said I would stop them.
I said I don't agree with them. Do you have a problem with my not agreeing with abortion?
I don't see why you would......

I said I don't agree with them. Do you have a problem with my not agreeing with abortion?
As long as you don't try to push your views on other women, you're cool. :cool:

...but if you need help packing... :D

As long as you don't try to push your views on other women, you're cool. :cool:

...but if you need help packing... :D

I have yet to see anyone "push" their views or beliefs on anyone else.
I have seen debates, heated and otherwise, but no one can force their views and beliefs on anyone else.
If they feel guilty or pressured, it's likely their conscience....

LOL. a zygote is not a 'child'. an embryo is not a child. that is biology 101.

Early in this nation's history, Negros weren't recognized as human beings.

In Nazi Germany, Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies, and other “undesirables” were not recognized as human beings.

There have been many other instances throughout history, of evil movements that justified their actions by denying the humanity of their victims.

The Nazis even undertook a massive body of “science” and “research” to prove that Jews were different from humans.

If you deny the humanity of the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings, then you are no better.

LOL. a zygote is not a 'child'. an embryo is not a child. that is biology 101.

Early in this nation's history, Negros weren't recognized as human beings.

In Nazi Germany, Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies, and other “undesirables” were not recognized as human beings.

There have been many other instances throughout history, of evil movements that justified their actions by denying the humanity of their victims.

The Nazis even undertook a massive body of “science” and “research” to prove that Jews were different from humans.

If you deny the humanity of the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings, then you are no better.

Those you mentioned were fully formed post born living, breathing, humans with a life history. There is no comparison & what you just tried to do was show that there is a drama queen on the thread.

First, it should be up to the States to decide, just like deciding whether killing a pregnant woman constitutes double homicide. That being said, I would favor permitting abortion during the first three months of pregnancy and thereafter on to save the life of the mother.

Forum List

Back