RAND PAUL: What's Happening In Iraq Is Not Obama's Fault

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Et tu, Rand Paul, et tu? :(

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) criticized former Vice President Dick Cheney and blamed "those who supported the Iraq War" for the current crisis in the country in an interview with NBC's David Gregory Friday.

Gregory asked Paul about the op-ed co-authored by Dick Cheney and his daughter, Liz that blasted President Barack Obama's handling of the Iraqi crisis and his foreign policy as a whole.

Paul said the same questions raised by Cheney in his op-ed could be asked of those who supported the original decision to invade Iraq. He also said he didn't blame Obama for the current crisis, pointing the finger at Cheney and other supporters of the Iraq War for the current Middle East chaos — and for "emboldening Iran."

"I think the same questions could be asked of those who supported the Iraq War," Paul said of Cheney's op-ed. "You know, were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? That’s what the war was sold on. Was democracy easily achievable? Was the war won in 2005, when many of these people said it was won?

Paul went on to note many current Iraq War supporters also are concerned about the situation in Iran.

"They didn’t really, I think, understand the civil war that would break out. And what’s going on now — I don’t blame on President Obama. Has he really got the solution? Maybe there is no solution. But I do blame the Iraq War on the chaos that is in the Middle East," said Paul. "I also blame those who are for the Iraq War for emboldening Iran. These are the same people now who are petrified of what Iran may become, and I understand some of their worry."

Read more: Rand Paul: Iraq Bush's Fault, Not Obama - Business Insider

Actually, this isn't really all that surprising, given the anti-intervention stance both son and father have taken.

But there seems to be a slow ground swell of conservatives seeing that the Iraq war was a huge mistake.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) criticized former Vice President Dick Cheney and blamed "those who supported the Iraq War" for the current crisis in the country in an interview with NBC's David Gregory Friday.

Gregory asked Paul about the op-ed co-authored by Dick Cheney and his daughter, Liz that blasted President Barack Obama's handling of the Iraqi crisis and his foreign policy as a whole.

Paul said the same questions raised by Cheney in his op-ed could be asked of those who supported the original decision to invade Iraq. He also said he didn't blame Obama for the current crisis, pointing the finger at Cheney and other supporters of the Iraq War for the current Middle East chaos — and for "emboldening Iran."

"I think the same questions could be asked of those who supported the Iraq War," Paul said of Cheney's op-ed. "You know, were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? That’s what the war was sold on. Was democracy easily achievable? Was the war won in 2005, when many of these people said it was won?

Paul went on to note many current Iraq War supporters also are concerned about the situation in Iran.

"They didn’t really, I think, understand the civil war that would break out. And what’s going on now — I don’t blame on President Obama. Has he really got the solution? Maybe there is no solution. But I do blame the Iraq War on the chaos that is in the Middle East," said Paul. "I also blame those who are for the Iraq War for emboldening Iran. These are the same people now who are petrified of what Iran may become, and I understand some of their worry."

Actually, this isn't really all that surprising, given the anti-intervention stance both son and father have taken.

But there seems to be a slow ground swell of conservatives seeing that the Iraq war was a huge mistake.

I know you are a mental midget and very slow. But most CONSERVATIVES viewed the Iraq war as a mistake when no WMDs were found. I think many people are learning from our mistake. I think we finally have learned from the mistake of Vietnam. You can't nation build. You can only declare the entire country as an enemy and pound them into dust!

I know you are a mental midget and very slow. But most CONSERVATIVES viewed the Iraq war as a mistake when no WMDs were found. I think many people are learning from our mistake. I think we finally have learned from the mistake of Vietnam. You can't nation build. You can only declare the entire country as an enemy and pound them into dust!

No they did not.

I agree with Paul on this one.
Obama has made a lot of mistakes but what's going on Iraq certainly isn't one of them. I don't think too many experts of the ME would disagree with Paul either.

I agree too. In order for him to make a mistake he would have to make a decision.

Most conservatives just on this board don't view Iraq as a mistake. Most of them still deny that there weren't any WMD's.

this is a typical republican Ploy... they run on we are the protectors ... that these people, the Iraqis, they're trying to kill us with WMDS ...then when they see in their polling that this was a huge fuck up on their part ... they then say, "My bad this was a terrible idea"... they do this shit all the time... the sad part these neanderthal republicans believe them ... that they seen the light ... just like here in colorado ...:lol::lol::badgrin:

We have Cory Gardener running for the senate ... Cory Gardener has tried to pass time and time again laws that would band birth control of any kind ... band abortion even if they are raped ... saying they can't get and abortion ... if they are caught getting one its a felony charge for the woman and the doctor who performed it ... he's done this every year in office, accept this year ....why??? he's running for the senate ... I saw his ad yesterday ... I had to laugh ... republicans will say this in their ad's ... they say the person they are running against name, then through in a few obama negative references, like that will help them, they now have a change of heart on their previous beliefs .... beliefs they have and the entire time of their existence on the planet ... but now they have changed and see the light ... that the fact that they have changed their views now, that obama won't let them see the light ... they got to get in those negative Obama references in... so Cory Gardener what's us to elected cory gardener ... because he has a new look on womans rights and doctors rights ... the sad part here is the republicans come in the state to push his election because there isn't anybody else who can give Mark Udall a run for his money, even Cory Gardener, but they try ... they think he has a chance ... maybe a chance in hell, but not here in colorado ...:lol::lol::lol:

these republicans change of heart, it just makes you shake your head ... looks like we will have Rand Paul replace Ron Pauls run for president with Rand Paul's attempt to run for president every year now ....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Paul on this one.
Obama has made a lot of mistakes but what's going on Iraq certainly isn't one of them. I don't think too many experts of the ME would disagree with Paul either.

I agree too. In order for him to make a mistake he would have to make a decision.
he's like his dad ... this week he's agin it ... next week he's seen the light he's fur it

Most conservatives just on this board don't view Iraq as a mistake. Most of them still deny that there weren't any WMD's.

and they will fight you tooth and nail to try and convince us they had WND's

lol, just last week they were haten on ole Rand

now they are having orgasms over him

Liberalism is definitely a mental disorder where one has no shame, honor or principles

Business insider is a left wing site so take what they write with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Forum List

Back