Rand Paul pledges to force Hunter Biden vote if GOP backs Dem impeachment witnesses

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) sent a public warning shot on Monday night, saying that if Republicans support Democrats' impeachment witness requests then he will force votes during the trial on calling witnesses conservatives want to hear from.

"My colleagues can’t have it both ways. Calling for some, while blocking others," Paul tweeted referencing a Politico report on a similar private warning his gave GOP colleagues against supporting Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer's request that former national security adviser John Bolton testify.

"If we are going to give a platform to witnesses the Dems demand, I look forward to forcing votes to call Hunter Biden and many more!" Paul continued.

(Excerpt) Read more at

Rand Paul pledges to force Hunter Biden vote if GOP backs Dem impeachment witnesses
------------

I’ll be glad when this shit show is over with. It was all nonsense to start with and it still is.

Best scenario is the Senate calls for a vote for dismissal and it passes. The dems in the House then look like the petulant toddlers they are. It really is hard to believe grown adults acted the way they did due to their clear case of TDS.

Trump will have an asterisk after his name noting a do-nothing House led by the worst speaker in modern times led a full witch hunt because she is simply butthurt in the blood sport known as American politics.

The ones injured by this will be the dems. They already are. No one can trust them again. They have again proven they are not capable of being adult or governing responsibly. They must go.

There will be witnesses that are pertinent to the charges, each one has to be voted on, to appear.

If Hunter Biden testimony is pertinent, then he'll be voted on.
He is not on trial though, he also did not make an accusation against Trump that Trump is being charged with, Hunter has not been charged with anything illegal by our DOJ or by the Ukraine.

HOW can Hunters appearance even help Trump in his defense of his articles?

The manager's witnesses are pertinent, and necessary to figure out the truth.

The Senators will never vote on a circus......unlikely you'll get the 51 +, but go for it, for all I care, if the law allows it...... Nothing he can say can help Trump get off for his high crimes.... He really should prepare for a real defense of the charges instead of trying to use his impeachment trial to smear the Biden's..... he's acting like THE FIX IS IN for his acquittal, so why not just use the trial, to score some smearing points against his opponent's family....

:rolleyes:

Again, HOW can Hunter testifying help him get acquitted???:dunno:

If he is not removed from office, he will still be guilty, like Clinton still had his affair.

Hunter Biden has nothing to do with tramps trial.

If he is not removed from office, he will still be guilty, like Clinton still had his affair.

Actually, the phone call about the BIDENS' activity is the REASON for the impeachment...

Why are you so against the American people finding out what REALLY happened, and WHY the phone call was made???

Actually, the phone call about the BIDENS' activity is the REASON for the impeachment...

Why are you so against the American people finding out what REALLY happened, and WHY the phone call was made???
The phone call was about a Russian media sourced conspiracy theory about Biden that subsequent investigative reporting has failed to confirm. You will find this threat from Rand Paul holds no terror. They have every intention of illustrating this was all based on Russian propaganda anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

The phone call was about a Russian media sourced conspiracy theory about Biden that subsequent investigative reporting has failed to confirm. You will find this threat from Rand Paul holds no terror. They have every intention of illustrating this was all based on Russian propaganda anyway.

You are forgetting that Barr and Durham can follow the money trail, and if the Bidens' stories don't jive than there is a perjury charge hanging over them.
Trump has every right to investigate suspected corruption, its in the law. The rationale' for delaying the transfer of money, is pertinent to the case.

Last edited:
The republicans are growing more and more ridiculous by the hour. Neither Hunter Biden nor his father had anything to do with this impeachment mess. The republicans strayed way long past policy differences with Democrats and Independents into fantasyland. I wish that the republicans would go back to the day when they were grown-ups. No reasonable adult would act like they are acting now.

Separate matter altogether, and tramp is still guilty of strong arming a President to investigate or simply announce he is investigating his political rival, and then he asked China to do the same, and now I hear Russia is also hacking Burisma.

The congress has the power of the purse and he committed an offense against the Impound Control Act.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Paul shouldn't threaten that either the (D)'s drop all of this or he calls witnesses. I never supported this mess in the first place but the mess has been made. Now let us know what happened and let the chips fall where they may. Call Bolton to testify. Call Biden to testify.

Separate matter altogether, and tramp is still guilty of strong arming a President to investigate or simply announce he is investigating his political rival, and then he asked China to do the same, and now I hear Russia is also hacking Burisma.

The congress has the power of the purse and he committed an offense against the Impound Control Act.
Ukraine got the money....

But the President has an OBLIGATION to make sure possible criminal activity is investigated...

So put the Bidens on the stand, and let's see if Trump's actions were justified...

You are forgetting that Barr and Durham can follow the money trail, and if the Bidens' stories don't jive than there is a perjury charge hanging over them.
Trump has every right to investigate suspected corruption, its in the law. So the rationale' for delaying the transfer of money, is pertinent to the case.
Even if it were all true it does not excuse Trump's actions one iota. He still used the power of his office for personal gain, extorted a foreign leader and orchestrated a cover-up that continues to this day.

There will be witnesses that are pertinent to the charges, each one has to be voted on, to appear.

He is not on trial though, he also did not make an accusation against Trump that Trump is being charged with, Hunter has not been charged with anything illegal by our DOJ or by the Ukraine.

The Senators will never vote on a circus......unlikely you'll get the 51 +, but go for it, for all I care, if the law allows it...... Nothing he can say can help Trump get off for his high crimes.... He really should prepare for a real defense of the charges instead of trying to use his impeachment trial to smear the Biden's..... he's acting like THE FIX IS IN for his acquittal, so why not just use the trial, to score some smearing points against his opponent's family....

you can't have it both ways. period. the effort to do so in my mind anyway is the core drive for our divide. stop acting like your shit don't stink while bitching about a backed up sewer.

Trump has every right to investigate suspected corruption, its in the law. So the rationale' for delaying the transfer of money, is pertinent to the case.
Even if it were all true it does not excuse Trump's actions one iota. He still used the power of his office for personal gain, extorted a foreign leader and orchestrated a cover-up that continues to this day.
yet none of that is proven, just speculation by the left who LOVES to blindly accuse.
RUSSIA
Kavanaugh
Page (even if they set that one up themselves)
and now Trump for whatever excuse they could pull out of their ass.

not notching a single victory - ie NEVER being correct in their accusations - limits their own credibility. i don't give two dog shits about trumps at this point; it's a different story or another matter.

are the bidens guilty?

seems funny your sense of justice ends when you like someone.

Paul shouldn't threaten that either the (D)'s drop all of this or he calls witnesses. I never supported this mess in the first place but the mess has been made. Now let us know what happened and let the chips fall where they may. Call Bolton to testify. Call Biden to testify.
yet the D's can threaten to change war powers acts? they can threaten to IMPEACH 45 since the day he was sworn in and THIS TIME it's for a valid cause?

they are playing games with all this and as such, don't deserve the respect you're trying to give them. they are "playing dirty" to get what they want. nothing new, no. but then rand pauls reaction shouldn't be something new either. the D's had their chance to put in any witnesses they wanted before their vote. they're done. follow the process and stop trying to change it to IMPEACH 45 for something that's yet to have been proven he did.

we know what he said - yes. but intent was NEVER proven to make it what the D's said he was doing. speculation and I WANT IT I WANT IT is NOT a valid way to assign guilt.

yet the D's can threaten to change war powers acts? they can threaten to IMPEACH 45 since the day he was sworn in and THIS TIME it's for a valid cause?

they are playing games with all this and as such, don't deserve the respect you're trying to give them. they are "playing dirty" to get what they want. nothing new, no. but then rand pauls reaction shouldn't be something new either. the D's had their chance to put in any witnesses they wanted before their vote. they're done. follow the process and stop trying to change it to IMPEACH 45 for something that's yet to have been proven he did.

we know what he said - yes. but intent was NEVER proven to make it what the D's said he was doing. speculation and I WANT IT I WANT IT is NOT a valid way to assign guilt.

Respect? They want Biden called to testify? If Trump did nothing wrong, what's the problem with a full exposure of what went on? Who do you think that will hurt or harm?

yet none of that is proven, just speculation by the left who LOVES to blindly accuse.
RUSSIA
Kavanaugh
Page (even if they set that one up themselves)
and now Trump for whatever excuse they could pull out of their ass.

not notching a single victory - ie NEVER being correct in their accusations - limits their own credibility. i don't give two dog shits about trumps at this point; it's a different story or another matter.

are the bidens guilty?

seems funny your sense of justice ends when you like someone.
Not a Biden supporter. Had an investigation been launched through official channels by reputable people for legitimate reasons I would not have any problem with that.

Good. Fine. Whatever. So long as Bolton is put on the stand and convinced or compelled to testify.

This is all pure speculation by the media.
There will be witnesses......and the Senate trial will be much more fair than the House impeachment turned out to be.
What I find breathtaking is the leftists on this forum who actually have the nerve to accuse Senate Republicans of being unfair....after witnessing that clown show last month.

Respect? They want Biden called to testify? If Trump did nothing wrong, what's the problem with a full exposure of what went on? Who do you think that will hurt or harm?
because trump is accused of using bidens situation to his advantage. so call in biden and see if trump was doing that, or see if there is valid reason to be concerned about their actions.

the left investigated trump for 2 years on less of a RUSSIA connection than we have info on biden money laundering "potential" crimes. to play it your way - if biden DIDN'T DO IT then he has nothing to fear and his testimony can implicate trump.

FULL EXPOSURE is NOT putting some witnesses to all this away because it doesn't suit your goal. if your goal is truth and/or justice; well stop cause this is politics. if even something close, then everyone needs to say what was happening.

HOWEVER - what i am saying is - the dems controlled what they could already. if they wanted testimony included, they had their chance. their trying to tell the rest how to do their job SO THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT is clearly what is happening.

follow documented processes, or shut the fuck up.

This is all pure speculation by the media.
There will be witnesses......and the Senate trial will be much more fair than the House impeachment turned out to be.
What I find breathtaking is the leftists on this forum who actually have the nerve to accuse Senate Republicans of being unfair....after witnessing that clown show last month.
yet this is what they do. the extreme right does their own level of bullshit as well. extreme people do stupid shit and we are unfortunately following their lead and that needs to stop anyway.

Forum List

Back