Ramaswamy says he’d deport children of undocumented immigrants born in the US, calling 14th amendment ‘contested’

The usual way, he'll get a majority of votes.
Ramaswamy is of course wrong – in addition to being a hateful racist and bigot.

In addition to Ramaswamy seeking to violate the Constitution, ‘deporting’ US citizen children is ignorant and ridiculous – where exactly would they be ‘deported,’ the birth country of their parents consider them to be US citizens. The US citizen children would neither speak the language nor know the culture of their parents’ birth country.

Republicans who agree with Ramaswamy clearly couldn’t care less about children.

But I think the Constitution will have to be amended, first, to clarify that only those who have at least one parent who is a citizen are to be automatically granted citizenship.
Which has zero chance of happening

Depends on how fed up the American people get with the spawn of invading foreign criminals being allowed to claim citizenship.

Ramaswamy is of course wrong – in addition to being a hateful racist and bigot.

In addition to Ramaswamy seeking to violate the Constitution, ‘deporting’ US citizen children is ignorant and ridiculous – where exactly would they be ‘deported,’ the birth country of their parents consider them to be US citizens. The US citizen children would neither speak the language nor know the culture of their parents’ birth country.

Republicans who agree with Ramaswamy clearly couldn’t care less about children.
As a child of immigrants, Ramaswamy is fucking cruel

Do you understand US sovereignty and jurisdiction?

What country's laws do you want to take precident in the US?
This made no sense at all.

I was just correcting someone who is often wrong.

I'm already on record in saying that it will take an act of legislation to change the birthright citizenship law. Nothing has changed My mind about that.

n addition to Ramaswamy seeking to violate the Constitution, ‘deporting’ US citizen children is ignorant and ridiculous – where exactly would they be ‘deported,’ the birth country of their parents consider them to be US citizens. The US citizen children would neither speak the language nor know the culture of their parents’ birth country
Then dump them in the ocean.
Republicans who agree with Ramaswamy clearly couldn’t care less about children
I’m no Republican but kids are a STD so far as I’m concerned. I’m very happy to have none of my own.,

This made no sense at all.

I was just correcting someone who is often wrong.

I'm already on record in saying that it will take an act of legislation to change the birthright citizenship law. Nothing has changed My mind about that.
It would take a constitutional amendment, and it will not happen.

Ramaswamy is a hustler making promises he knows full well he can't keep. Children born in this country are by default American citizens regardless of their parent's status. He know this and also knows full well he will lose any challenge to the 14th Amendment.

He's saying this because he knows it's what the low-IQ Trump cult wants to hear.

He doesn't believe most of the shit he says.

It would take a constitutional amendment, and it will not happen.
Well, it will take a Constitutional challenge to a law, to be sure.

Yeah, they'll need a much bigger majority in both chambers and a few more state legislatures to pass an Amendment.

The question becomes, should they try or not?

I haven't decided as there are too many variables and other, more important fights.

Forum List

Back