Rally for Rush

Doesn't occur to independent moderates that the hate Rush campaign is designed to silence the opposition? I mean WTF is going on when the left used the "N" word on Dr. Condie Rice and Sara Palin was called everything under the sun? Now they want to kick Rush off the air for calling someone a slut? He apologized didn't he? That's never good enough to lefties when the motivation is to bypass the 1st Amendment and use left wing media tricks to try to create enough outrage to silence a pesky voice on the radio that you don't agree with.

people, stop doing Businsess with these companies dropping Rush...time to take a stand for your Freedoms of Speech..
long read

SNIP:
So. Did you hear about Carbonite and Rush Limbaugh?

No, you didn't. Not the way you will in a minute. But first?

It's time to turn the tables.

It's time to stand up to the bullies.

It's time to Rally for Rush.

Rush Limbaugh has discussed at length -- at length -- what Sandra Fluke and her statist cronies are up to. Yes, he used the words "slut" and "prostitute" -- using the ludicrous to make his point. Ms. Fluke, in one of the most pathetic, shamelessly whining stories in recent memory, demands to be paid for her sex life because it costs $3,000 for three years of birth control while she's at law school. She demands that a Catholic university violate its fundamental right to religious liberty so she can have others pay for her sex life. So Rush asked the farcical obvious about somebody who demands that someone else pay her for her apparent, self-admitted prolific sex life. He spent two solid days relating her greed for other people's money and a lack of personal responsibility to the oldest of principles.

Right on cue, the blacklisting crowd came out of their Stalinist caves. Having driven Lou Dobbs from CNN, cut off Beck's windpipe at Fox, severed Pat Buchanan from MSNBC, thus emboldened they have now set their sights on Rush.

read it all here.
The American Spectator : Rally for Rush

Lets 'Rush' this asshole right off the airwaves.

/pun intended

Let's say no to Censorship. How's that sound. Are you a Vertebrate or Invertebrate?

He's a bivalve.

people, stop doing Businsess with these companies dropping Rush...time to take a stand for your Freedoms of Speech..
long read

SNIP:

Rush Limbaugh has discussed at length -- at length -- what Sandra Fluke and her statist cronies are up to. Yes, he used the words "slut" and "prostitute" -- using the ludicrous to make his point. Ms. Fluke, in one of the most pathetic, shamelessly whining stories in recent memory, demands to be paid for her sex life because it costs $3,000 for three years of birth control while she's at law school. She demands that a Catholic university violate its fundamental right to religious liberty so she can have others pay for her sex life. So Rush asked the farcical obvious about somebody who demands that someone else pay her for her apparent, self-admitted prolific sex life. He spent two solid days relating her greed for other people's money and a lack of personal responsibility to the oldest of principles.

Right on cue, the blacklisting crowd came out of their Stalinist caves. Having driven Lou Dobbs from CNN, cut off Beck's windpipe at Fox, severed Pat Buchanan from MSNBC, thus emboldened they have now set their sights on Rush.

read it all here.

Sorry Steph, I really liked what the CEO of Carbonite said:

No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse.

It's hard for me to see how the parent of daughters could justify financing language like that. These parents have free speech too and I respect them for exercising it.

I heard Rush's apology today and perhaps it will be enough to get some of that financial support back, but I respect anyone who decides it is not enough. I hate how nasty so-called conservative men can be about women sometimes.

The collective breeze coming off Conservatives as they flee the sound of Rush can be measured on the Fujitsu Scale that rates tornadoes. And yet here's poor old Stephanie carrying the water for the disgraced "Lonesome Rhodes" of Conservative talking heads.

Hey Steph! Why not form a committee of support for Italian cruise ship captains?

what is someone calling for people to stand up for their freedoms of speech chapping your ass or what?
I don't give a shit what you do
How about we ALL exercise our freedom of speech as you see it and call you a slut? See? Isn't freedom grand? You're also a prostitute! The more I use this freedom, the sluttier you become!

Yes sir! The founders wrote the first amendment so anyone could call anyone else a slut! It was the states who instituted slander and libel laws, but so far as James Madison goes, you're a slut! God bless America!

What's that Steph? You take umbrage at me calling you a slut? Too bad, baby! According to your narrow view of the constitution of the United States of America, you have to sit there and take it. It doesn't matter that you're a private citizen. It doesn't matter that you may not be a slut.

And as a result of your narrow view of the constitution, I don't have to apologize at all. I can call you a slut all I want. Fun, ain't it?

Have you ever thought about the social responsibility someone like Rush Limbaugh must bear? That given the Golden EIB microphone isn't at all like being given a sense of decorum or social grace.

And now you're actively looking for support for someone grievously lacking in decorum and social grace. Why? Because you want to further coarsen the culture? Because you see name calling as a constitutionally protected right? Or because you garner most of your world view from a three hour radio show?

long read

SNIP:

read it all here.

/pun intended

Let's say no to Censorship. How's that sound. Are you a Vertebrate or Invertebrate?
I say no to Censorship. I also say no to Oral Defamation.....Are you a Pea Brain?

long read

SNIP:

read it all here.

/pun intended

No way!

We need people like Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin to remind us of how fucked up the right really is.

You sound like Noah's neighbors before the flood. ;)

long read

SNIP:

read it all here.

No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse.

It's hard for me to see how the parent of daughters could justify financing language like that. These parents have free speech too and I respect them for exercising it.

I heard Rush's apology today and perhaps it will be enough to get some of that financial support back, but I respect anyone who decides it is not enough. I hate how nasty so-called conservative men can be about women sometimes.

No problem dear..
But I didn't see anything Courageous about Fluke going in front of CONGRESS to discuss birth control at a time when our country is FALLING apart with high unemployment, high gas prices, etc etc.
Yes these companies are free to drop him but we are also free to stop doing business with them...works both ways

Last edited:
long read

SNIP:

read it all here.

No problem dear..
But I didn't see anything Courageous about Fluke going in front of CONGRESS to discuss birth control at a time when our country is FALLING apart with high unemployment, high gas prices, etc etc.
Yes these companies are free to drop him but we are also free to stop doing business with them...works both ways

I wish I had clicked your link and read the whole article before I made my post.

Very very interesting.

Thanks for the link.

Very interesting about the CEO of Carbonite and the hate-flingers he and/or his company supports.

Rush was right in the part of his apology where he said he descended to their level. He did. He shouldn't have gone down there but it IS their level. And Mr. Friend of Carbonite seems okay with that on the left. Most interesting.

So in typical CON$ervative fashion, after condemning the Left for using pressure on advertisers and denying that he or his side would ever stoop to that same level, the Doctor Of Duplicity gives the order to his DittoTards to "decide" not to buy the products from the companies who stopped advertising and the whole GOP hate media echo chamber marches in lockstep obedience.

March 05, 2012
RUSH: So what we're gonna do is replace those that leave, those that no longer want access to you, those advertisers who no longer want your business, fine. We'll replace them. It's simple, really.
Advertising's a business decision. It's not a social one. Only the leftists try to use extortion, pressure, threats to silence opposing voices. We don't do that. Never, ever, do any of us on our side of the aisle try to suppress the speech or the voices of those with whom we disagree, and we never will. So, as you've always done, you make your own business decisions about the products and services you buy. But don't be like the opposition.

Some background on Carbonite.... spread this around.

SNIP:

Now. Carbonite really deserves some special attention.

David Friend is making his attack on Rush sound like he's one upset Dad with a couple of nice young daughters. And oh, yes, he wants a "more civilized public discourse."

Is that all there is to Mr. Friend? Quite aside that he gives a pass to Sandra Fluke for her obnoxiously intolerant behavior when it comes to the free speech of others, is there anything else going on here?

Yes. Of course.

Take a look here at this link to Bloomberg/Business Week which profiles Mr. Friend and affirms him as "General Partner" of an investment group called "Orchid Partners" in Boston, Massachusetts. And Orchid Partners? Yes indeed, they are the venture capital firm behind… Carbonite.

Where Mr. Friend is listed as "Co-Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President."

So?

So when you cross check Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston with the Federal Election Commission, one finds -- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocker!……… that a Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston has been a contributor to… ready? Here's the list of just where David Friend spends his political money:

MoveOn.org, America Coming Together and Democracy for America, all three listed here as George Soros funded groups, the latter set up by Howard Dean. Texans for Truth also drew Mr. Friend's support. This group, according to Wikipedia, was set up by MoveOn.org spin-off Drive Democracy.org in 2004. Why? To… wait for it… challenge then-President Bush's service in the Texas National Guard. The precise same stunt for which CBS fired Dan Rather after documents were discovered to have been forged. The Bush-Cheney campaign said of Texans for Truth that it was "a smear group launching baseless attacks on behalf of John Kerry's campaign that will be rejected by the American people." They were. But that didn't quench Mr. Friend's affection for either the smear campaign or supporting leftist candidates such as Howard Dean, and John Kerry.

And get a load of this. Take a look right here at Ed "Laura Ingraham is a slut" Schultz's site for his radio show. Who is listed as a Schultz sponsor? That's right: Carbonite. Like Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz apologized. The difference? If Rush uses the word "slut" to illustrate the absurdity of the left-wing Sandra Fluke's views -- David Friend is outraged. But when Ed Schultz refers in hostile fashion out of the blue to conservative and Catholic Laura Ingraham as a "slut" -- hey, no big deal for Carbonite.

In other words, to put it politely, Mr. Friend's woe-is-me I'm-withdrawing-my-company's sponsorship-from-Rush Limbaugh-because of-my-lovely-daughters is as close to certifiable BS as one can imagine. Mr. Friend, one can only suspect, placed Carbonite's ads with Rush Limbaugh because he knew it would make him money -- which he obviously then funneled to MoveOn and the rest. Meanwhile, he keeps advertising on the Ed Slut Show… sorry… Ed Schultz Show. His daughters? His daughters? What a deeply cynical man.

Not to mention Friend's chutzpah calling for a "more civilized public discourse" when he is busy contributing to MoveOn.org, the self-same group that put together this charming video comparing George W. Bush to Hitler. Not to mention MoveOn's "Bush Lied" routine. This is pathetic.

from the article of this thread and the rest.

I've already contacted the sponsors and posted this link evey place I can so that others can make their views known.

The unofficial spokesman for a GOP (The former RNC Chair apologized to him for calling him an entertainer a year or so ago) slandered a private citizen. You can bet he got some calls from his GOP buddies in Washington to recant ;)

This caricature was produced shortly after the RNC Chair apologized to oxyRush:

lane.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back