Rally for Rush

More proof how the left want to shut up the speech of conservatives.
Why don't the right do the same, when the left do it, like Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a slut?
Why don't Conservatives do the same thing when Ed did it to Laura?
Because the Conservatives believe in our constitution and freedom of speech.
The left do not, they want to shut them up and want them off the air.

When recessions begin under a Republican administration (as they so often do), Rush simply says "I chose not to participate in this recession".

With sponsors leaving Rush like rats from a sinking ship, perhaps Rush will finally be forced to participate in a recession after all! Ya can't get a tee time at Pebble beach without a job!

Why don't the right do the same, when the left do it, like Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a slut?

I don't. I posted in a different thread, the same sentiment. I don't agree with the stifling. Not against Rush, nor Imus, nor Maher...if their followers stop watching and listening than so be it. But the other camps attempting to stifle, is wrong.

That's not to say that watching the fumble and attempted recoveries aren't amusing.

When recessions begin under a Republican administration (as they so often do), Rush simply says "I chose not to participate in this recession".

With sponsors leaving Rush like rats from a sinking ship, perhaps Rush will finally be forced to participate in a recession after all! Ya can't get a tee time at Pebble beach without a job!

Recessions are because of Democratic policies.
Republicans always have to get us out of them.

Some background on Carbonite.... spread this around.

SNIP:

Now. Carbonite really deserves some special attention.

David Friend is making his attack on Rush sound like he's one upset Dad with a couple of nice young daughters. And oh, yes, he wants a "more civilized public discourse."

Is that all there is to Mr. Friend? Quite aside that he gives a pass to Sandra Fluke for her obnoxiously intolerant behavior when it comes to the free speech of others, is there anything else going on here?

Yes. Of course.

Take a look here at this link to Bloomberg/Business Week which profiles Mr. Friend and affirms him as "General Partner" of an investment group called "Orchid Partners" in Boston, Massachusetts. And Orchid Partners? Yes indeed, they are the venture capital firm behind… Carbonite.

Where Mr. Friend is listed as "Co-Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President."

So?

So when you cross check Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston with the Federal Election Commission, one finds -- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocker!……… that a Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston has been a contributor to… ready? Here's the list of just where David Friend spends his political money:

MoveOn.org, America Coming Together and Democracy for America, all three listed here as George Soros funded groups, the latter set up by Howard Dean. Texans for Truth also drew Mr. Friend's support. This group, according to Wikipedia, was set up by MoveOn.org spin-off Drive Democracy.org in 2004. Why? To… wait for it… challenge then-President Bush's service in the Texas National Guard. The precise same stunt for which CBS fired Dan Rather after documents were discovered to have been forged. The Bush-Cheney campaign said of Texans for Truth that it was "a smear group launching baseless attacks on behalf of John Kerry's campaign that will be rejected by the American people." They were. But that didn't quench Mr. Friend's affection for either the smear campaign or supporting leftist candidates such as Howard Dean, and John Kerry.

And get a load of this. Take a look right here at Ed "Laura Ingraham is a slut" Schultz's site for his radio show. Who is listed as a Schultz sponsor? That's right: Carbonite. Like Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz apologized. The difference? If Rush uses the word "slut" to illustrate the absurdity of the left-wing Sandra Fluke's views -- David Friend is outraged. But when Ed Schultz refers in hostile fashion out of the blue to conservative and Catholic Laura Ingraham as a "slut" -- hey, no big deal for Carbonite.

In other words, to put it politely, Mr. Friend's woe-is-me I'm-withdrawing-my-company's sponsorship-from-Rush Limbaugh-because of-my-lovely-daughters is as close to certifiable BS as one can imagine. Mr. Friend, one can only suspect, placed Carbonite's ads with Rush Limbaugh because he knew it would make him money -- which he obviously then funneled to MoveOn and the rest. Meanwhile, he keeps advertising on the Ed Slut Show… sorry… Ed Schultz Show. His daughters? His daughters? What a deeply cynical man.

Not to mention Friend's chutzpah calling for a "more civilized public discourse" when he is busy contributing to MoveOn.org, the self-same group that put together this charming video comparing George W. Bush to Hitler. Not to mention MoveOn's "Bush Lied" routine. This is pathetic.

from the article of this thread and the rest.
The American Spectator : Rally for Rush

If it's true, good for Mr. Friend!!!

1. Laura Ingraham is a public person with recognition and fame.

2. conservatives probably don't watch Ed Schultz because he does not re-enforce their beliefs. It's just too uncomfortable to watch someone who does not comfort you in your ideology.

3. The constitution is a wonderful and hallowed document, but it says nothing about public comportment and social grace. Perhaps that's why Limbaugh has neither. There are some things the constitution cannot correct. Much like the "Free Market", some things are left up to society at large to handle. You can't buy and sell social grace (again, probably why Limbaugh is lacking)

4. Limbaugh screwed himself and, as the primary mouthpiece for the modern Conservative movement, your ideology.

5. It's time to forget Limbaugh and move on. Find a spokesman less apt at making a giant ass of himself and embarrassing Conservatives. When will you people realize that the damage this blowhard Limbaugh does is vastly greater than any good he could possibly deliver?

SNIP:

David Friend is making his attack on Rush sound like he's one upset Dad with a couple of nice young daughters. And oh, yes, he wants a "more civilized public discourse."

Is that all there is to Mr. Friend? Quite aside that he gives a pass to Sandra Fluke for her obnoxiously intolerant behavior when it comes to the free speech of others, is there anything else going on here?

Yes. Of course.

Take a look here at this link to Bloomberg/Business Week which profiles Mr. Friend and affirms him as "General Partner" of an investment group called "Orchid Partners" in Boston, Massachusetts. And Orchid Partners? Yes indeed, they are the venture capital firm behind… Carbonite.

Where Mr. Friend is listed as "Co-Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President."

So?

So when you cross check Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston with the Federal Election Commission, one finds -- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocker!……… that a Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston has been a contributor to… ready? Here's the list of just where David Friend spends his political money:

MoveOn.org, America Coming Together and Democracy for America, all three listed here as George Soros funded groups, the latter set up by Howard Dean. Texans for Truth also drew Mr. Friend's support. This group, according to Wikipedia, was set up by MoveOn.org spin-off Drive Democracy.org in 2004. Why? To… wait for it… challenge then-President Bush's service in the Texas National Guard. The precise same stunt for which CBS fired Dan Rather after documents were discovered to have been forged. The Bush-Cheney campaign said of Texans for Truth that it was "a smear group launching baseless attacks on behalf of John Kerry's campaign that will be rejected by the American people." They were. But that didn't quench Mr. Friend's affection for either the smear campaign or supporting leftist candidates such as Howard Dean, and John Kerry.

And get a load of this. Take a look right here at Ed "Laura Ingraham is a slut" Schultz's site for his radio show. Who is listed as a Schultz sponsor? That's right: Carbonite. Like Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz apologized. The difference? If Rush uses the word "slut" to illustrate the absurdity of the left-wing Sandra Fluke's views -- David Friend is outraged. But when Ed Schultz refers in hostile fashion out of the blue to conservative and Catholic Laura Ingraham as a "slut" -- hey, no big deal for Carbonite.

In other words, to put it politely, Mr. Friend's woe-is-me I'm-withdrawing-my-company's sponsorship-from-Rush Limbaugh-because of-my-lovely-daughters is as close to certifiable BS as one can imagine. Mr. Friend, one can only suspect, placed Carbonite's ads with Rush Limbaugh because he knew it would make him money -- which he obviously then funneled to MoveOn and the rest. Meanwhile, he keeps advertising on the Ed Slut Show… sorry… Ed Schultz Show. His daughters? His daughters? What a deeply cynical man.

Not to mention Friend's chutzpah calling for a "more civilized public discourse" when he is busy contributing to MoveOn.org, the self-same group that put together this charming video comparing George W. Bush to Hitler. Not to mention MoveOn's "Bush Lied" routine. This is pathetic.

right, because it's Free Speech for thee but not me..

Sell that to Herbert Hoover's ghost.

Sell that to Herbert Hoover's ghost.

Tell it to Ronald Reagan's ghost

SNIP:

Yes. Of course.

So?

What are you trying to infer? Are you inferring that I am not in favor of "free speech"? If so, you are WRONG. I am a staunch advocate of the Bill of Rights and of Civil Liberties.

What are you trying to infer? Are you inferring that I am not in favor of "free speech"? If so, you are WRONG. I am a staunch advocate of the Bill of Rights and of Civil Liberties.

no dear, I was talking about Mr. Friend.
he's a hypocrite and is now trying to shut down others freedoms of speech AFTER he made his million OFF RUSH and throws monies at groups like Moveon.

Last edited:

no dear, I was talking about Mr. Friend.
he's a hypocrite and is now trying to shut down others freedoms of speech AFTER he made his million OFF RUSH and throws monies at groups like Moveon.

Oh, ok. How is he exactly trying to "shut down others freedoms of speech" , in your opinion?

Forum List

Back