Rahm Emmanuel not running for third term!

I'm sure Chicago won't miss him.

Hell they will just elect another idiot to run the city into the ground.

Why anyone would live in Chicago is beyond me. You can get shot just walking down the street when the only people with guns are the criminals and gangbangers.

You can't buy a gun to defend yourself with in that city. Not for me.

Moving is not easy. If you have little money, no car, bad credit, kids in school, one local job per household. It is hard to walk away and costly to start over in FLA. Where does one go?

That's great, this dual-citizen of Israel, has done next to nothing about Chicago's alarming murder / shooting issues, furthermore, the dipsh*t went against Polish Pulaski day, and Italian Columbus day, but surprise, surprise not Jewish Holidays like Rosh Hashanah.

I am intrigued------I know Columbus day-----but what is PULASKI DAY----
a celebration including parade of SAINT PULASKI? what did Rahm DO
to them? The only celebration of Columbus day that I know about is----
matresses and bed linens go "on sale"------in isolated places there are plaster
statues carried about. I have never seen a plaster statue of Saint Pulaski.
-----are there special associated Pierogis? Kolacz? Are you happy with
the renovation of the Kosciusko Bridge?. I am delighted with it

Why anyone would live in Chicago is beyond me. You can get shot just walking down the street when the only people with guns are the criminals and gangbangers.

Moving is not easy. If you have little money, no car, bad credit, kids in school, one local job per household. It is hard to walk away and costly to start over in FLA. Where does one go?

Yes one prison guard was bitching up a storm since he worked at a prison that was closing and he'd have to move his family to the closest one to him , which was 100 miles away. This was in tiny towns in the UP of MI.
I found his rant on M Live article. One rep said prisons do not exist to create jobs.

Made me think of how hard its to move when people have no money and no job to go to. So darn easy to say pick up and move, isn't it!

Perhaps you can live where ever you want. Some are not that fortunate. You mean like Detroit, its mainly the rich suburbanites that go there to pick up girls and drugs.
Sex, drug stings nab more from suburbs than city
“I’d say at least 80 percent of the people we pick up for prostitution are from the suburbs,” Haidar said. “And almost everyone buying drugs is suburbanites. There’s a steady flow of them coming in, one by one.
“I’d say at least 80 percent of the people we pick up for prostitution are from the suburbs,” Haidar said. “And almost everyone buying drugs is suburbanites. There’s a steady flow of them coming in, one by one.”

On the city’s eastern edge, teens from the upscale Grosse Pointes trek across the border to buy heroin and marijuana, said Charles Flanagan, the former head of the Detroit Police Narcotics Section, also the longtime head of east side Special Operations units.

Why are blacks in Chicago or Detroit, because they moved up north to work, and then the factories moved out and they couldn't.

Last edited:
Why Rahm bailed on reelection

My first thought- Good. He's been a terrible mayor overall. He improved the schools, but his management of the Police Department has been horrible.

He probably looked at the Van Dyke trial coming up this week and realized nothing good is going to come out of it for him. Best case, he's convicted and people will ask why Rahm covered for him... worst case, he's acquitted and we have race riots.

Rahm has always been a corrupt piece of garbage.

Chicago will just elect the next corrupt piece of garbage.

That is because Daley was really a republican.
Is Mayor Daley Really a Republican? Too much privatization.
Lol
You’re gullible

Actually no , well yes I am, I gave a white man 10 bucks to put gas in his car after he told me a sob story , and he got in and drove off. Did I mention he was a white man about early 20's. My husband says I'm gullible.

Of course , it had to be that because people in Chicago could never get guns before. It certainly couldn’t have had anything to do with the Ferguson effect. That only affected the rest of the cities in the country, not Chicago.

There is no Ferguson effect. How can there be a Ferguson effect when Officer McShooty down there was given a free murder of an unarmed black boy?

But more guns equalling more murder? Yup, exactly what happened.

Of course , it had to be that because people in Chicago could never get guns before. It certainly couldn’t have had anything to do with the Ferguson effect. That only affected the rest of the cities in the country, not Chicago.

There is no Ferguson effect. How can there be a Ferguson effect when Officer McShooty down there was given a free murder of an unarmed black boy?

But more guns equalling more murder? Yup, exactly what happened.
Firearm sales are always going up, and violent crime always seems to be going down when firearm sales are going up... fact

Because of the way the animals behaved after he was acquitted. Cops across the country said to hell with it. They will only go to a problem if called out to handle one, but they will not put forth any proactive effort. If they see a drug deal going down, they just ignore it. If they see some black guy crash a light and almost kill a pedestrian, look the other way. If they see a known convicted criminal in the area that has evidence of a gun being on his person, pretend you didn't see it.

It happened all across the country, so don't say it didn't happen there.

Because of the way the animals behaved after he was acquitted. Cops across the country said to hell with it. They will only go to a problem if called out to handle one, but they will not put forth any proactive effort. If they see a drug deal going down, they just ignore it. If they see some black guy crash a light and almost kill a pedestrian, look the other way. If they see a known convicted criminal in the area that has evidence of a gun being on his person, pretend you didn't see it.

It didn't happen anywhere... None of those things have anything to do with murder.

"Oh noes, we'd better not hassle black people anymore!"

Wow. That's terrible. You mean you have to treat them like white people now? Oh my God.

Nope, there wasn't a Furgeson effect or even a van Dyke effect. What there was was a huge influx of new guns, combined with- unfortunately, turf wars over the drug trade by smaller gangs after the Feds busted up the bigger gangs in the Oughts.

The other part of the problem, of course, is that the community no longer trusts the Chicago PD. It happens after you have incidents like the mentally ill man who called for help, and some thug ass cop shot him, and some lady who happened to be behind him.

Oh, this guy didn't go to jail. Didn't go to jail when he beat the shit out of someone in a bar.

It didn't happen anywhere... None of those things have anything to do with murder.

"Oh noes, we'd better not hassle black people anymore!"

Wow. That's terrible. You mean you have to treat them like white people now? Oh my God.

Nope, there wasn't a Furgeson effect or even a van Dyke effect. What there was was a huge influx of new guns, combined with- unfortunately, turf wars over the drug trade by smaller gangs after the Feds busted up the bigger gangs in the Oughts.

The other part of the problem, of course, is that the community no longer trusts the Chicago PD. It happens after you have incidents like the mentally ill man who called for help, and some thug ass cop shot him, and some lady who happened to be behind him.

Oh, this guy didn't go to jail. Didn't go to jail when he beat the shit out of someone in a bar.

If it was all these guns, why did Chicago mirror the rest of the country in violent crime? When the cops don't give a F, criminals know that, so they get away with more crime. Until Ferguson, crime was on the decline since the mid 90's and that's the era when more and more people started to get guns, and Concealed Carry was being adopted by more states.

https://nypost.com/2016/07/09/how-the-ferguson-effect-is-destroying-chicago/

If it was all these guns, why did Chicago mirror the rest of the country in violent crime? When the cops don't give a F, criminals know that, so they get away with more crime. Until Ferguson, crime was on the decline since the mid 90's and that's the era when more and more people started to get guns, and Concealed Carry was being adopted by more states.

Actually, there is no Furgeson effect. Concealed carry just told the bad guys that they could carry guns and wouldn't get hassled for it until they shot someone.

and, no, Chicago didn't mirror the rest of the country, what happened here was much, much worse because of Rahm's inept leadership... which is why he's out of a job now.

Actually, there is no Furgeson effect. Concealed carry just told the bad guys that they could carry guns and wouldn't get hassled for it until they shot someone.

and, no, Chicago didn't mirror the rest of the country, what happened here was much, much worse because of Rahm's inept leadership... which is why he's out of a job now.

No Ferguson effect? Then how do you explain the increase in violent crime since Ferguson after it’s consistent decline for the 20 some years before?

I knew you wouldn’t read the link; you hate learning new things, especially if they go against your beliefs. But had you done that, you wouldn’t have made a statement such as there is no Ferguson Effect.

As for CCW’s, you have to pass a strict background check and can’t have a criminal record, you know, those background checks you on the left claim would solve our gun problems? So there goes your other theory.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

No Ferguson effect? Then how do you explain the increase in violent crime since Ferguson after it’s consistent decline for the 20 some years before?

1) there hasn't been.
2) A few cities have seen spikes, but that is mostly because relationships between the community and the PD have broken down.

I knew you wouldn’t read the link;

Nope, don't waste my time on racist garbage.

As for CCW’s, you have to pass a strict background check and can’t have a criminal record, you know, those background checks you on the left claim would solve our gun problems? So there goes your other theory.

YOu mean like the "Strict background" check that asshole in FL who shot up the gaming convention underwent... and then we found out he had spent time in a mental hospital and STILL was able to get a gun?

1) there hasn't been.
2) A few cities have seen spikes, but that is mostly because relationships between the community and the PD have broken down.

Right, just a few cities including yours:

er_17a6698e1c7bc206b9db371e2c0f59f0.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.png

Nope, don't waste my time on racist garbage.

Coining the phrase, ignorance is bliss.

YOu mean like the "Strict background" check that asshole in FL who shot up the gaming convention underwent... and then we found out he had spent time in a mental hospital and STILL was able to get a gun?

Yep, just like that one.

Right, just a few cities including yours:

again, the spike isn't that much... and lo and behold, it comes right after the Heller and McDonald decisions struck down most of the common sense gun laws big cities had enacted.

No, they struck down their violation of the constitutional right to arm themselves. Most states in the country have had CCW's for years, mine included. And as I demonstrated crime went down......until after Ferguson and the riots. Then it started going up because of the Ferguson Effect which is well documented.

No, they struck down their violation of the constitutional right to arm themselves. Most states in the country have had CCW's for years, mine included. And as I demonstrated crime went down......until after Ferguson and the riots. Then it started going up because of the Ferguson Effect which is well documented.

More guns means more crime, buddy. Sorry you can't do the math.

there is no Furgeson effect.

More guns means more crime, buddy. Sorry you can't do the math.

there is no Furgeson effect.

Of course not. It's just coincidence more cops getting killed, more crime--especially violent crime, after a 20 year decline. It's just dumb luck of statistics showing less pull overs by police for traffic violations and less stops for suspicious activity in most all major cities.

Just lucky I guess.

Best thing that has happened to Chicago in some time I really hope they get a Mayor that can start to turn things around.

Nope, they will just vote in another Democrat. You should see all the nonsense that happens here, yet the stupid voters keep electing the same people over and over again. A reduction in the police force, aging police cars, murders up from last year, so what do they do? They pass a bill to build a dirt bike park for 2.5 million dollars because the Mayor's grandson got busted by the cops a few times riding his bike out in the street.

Forum List

Back