Biden admin to ban menthol cigs and blunts. What could go wrong?

Menthol blunts? Who is doing that/

That should be banned

Relax Karen.. These people are NOT serious cigar aficionados.. LOL..

Says the guy who doesn't understand waht blunts are used for?

Menthol and cannabis/ What? What do you think a blunt is? It's not a cigar, a blunt in 2021 is something you intended to gut of all tobacco. Or may just come as a wrap.

No1 is using menthol blunts. Most "blunts" don't have a menthol flavor that you'll find in a gas station. Because they don't sell

Dumbass

Maybe next time you comment on blunts you should recognize your own ignorance on the subject. Hahaha

98%+ go with a plain or fruit flavor blunt

Talk to the FDA/CDC.. THEY are the fanatics without a point on this.. And you're stoner perspective that NO ONE smokes blunts -- just uses them for stuffing cannabis doesn't explain the massive sales numbers for flavored blunts.

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:

Well I am planning to buy cases of the stuff and then sell them and retire!

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:

He knows 90% of them will still vote Democrat in the next election. That’s why he’s not afraid to broach the subject.

Wouldn't be so certain of that.. You're talking about addicts. Can't think of anything more that would set them off and remember at voting time.

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Actually being cynical about it. And knowing how corrupt politicians are -- I imagine theyre gonna take their time rolling out this fart.. They say 2 years. Which is ENOUGH time to make gangs and hoodlums VERY rich stocking up on the stuff.

And maybe a few uncles/aunts/nephews of politicians as well..

I smoke menthol. Fuck Biden, I'll haul my black ass to the next protest/riot....oh wait....

I imagine this will do wonders for race relations..
They are color blind but not in the sense you think.
They feel above the fray and invincible.
We have spent years trying to get pot legal but outlaw cigs. What fucking sense does that make???

One of them causes lung cancer, heart disease and kills people, and the other one helps you survive cancer and heart attacks. One of them should be illegal, and the other one shouldn't.

Chronic pot smoking isn't as bad as cigarettes? Depends on dose doesn't it? You do it every other day -- it takes a toll on your throat, lungs, and heart.

Actually being cynical about it. And knowing how corrupt politicians are -- I imagine theyre gonna take their time rolling out this fart.. They say 2 years. Which is ENOUGH time to make gangs and hoodlums VERY rich stocking up on the stuff.

Biden idea is the dumbest one as of date and yet his voting base will proclaims this is a wise move...

All they will do is create a black market like we have said and help feed the Prison Industry with new crimes!

Biden idea is the dumbest one as of date and yet his voting base will proclaims this is a wise move...

All they will do is create a black market like we have said and help feed the Prison Industry with new crimes!

That's what the ACLU says. Guess Biden/Harris not learning anything by creating MORE racial disparity in the justice system.. Seems like a lifetime project to them..

That's what the ACLU says. Guess Biden/Harris not learning anything by creating MORE racial disparity in the justice system.. Seems like a lifetime project to them..

Biden is thinking that this will work like in Canada but fails to understand Americans are not like Canadians and this nonsense will just make new criminals.

Biden is thinking that this will work like in Canada but fails to understand Americans are not like Canadians and this nonsense will just make new criminals.
Maybe he is tryna guarantee a GOP house take over in 2022? :dunno:

,o1 a1-2.jpg

Wouldn't be so certain of that.. You're talking about addicts. Can't think of anything more that would set them off and remember at voting time.

Flooding our nation full of immigrants that take lower wage jobs that blacks usually work sure didn't do it. Fighting school vouchers and DumBama even ending them in Washington didn't do it. I really don't know if this is enough.

Banning Menthol Cigs... What a crock! Biden appears to be very happy to remove people's choices in anything he doesn't agree with. That is NOT the American way.

Correct, that's not the American way, that's the Democrat way which is hardly American at all. Welcome to US Message Boards by the way.

Banning Menthol Cigs... What a crock! Biden appears to be very happy to remove people's choices in anything he doesn't agree with. That is NOT the American way.

Correct, that's not the American way, that's the Democrat way which is hardly American at all. Welcome to US Message Boards by the way.
Thank you for the welcome Ray!

All other flavors of cigarette have been banned since 2009. Perhaps it shouldn't be the American way, but it seems as though it is.

It's because they hope fewer children will pick up smoking.

Forum List

Back