Four Men Were Killed And Dismembered After Going Out On Their Bicycles

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Okmulgee police have identified Joe Kennedy, the owner of two scrapyards that the men visited the night they disappeared, as a person of interest in the killings. Kennedy is now missing.

Four Oklahoma men who disappeared after going out on their bicycles last weekend were shot, dismembered, and their remains dumped in a river, police said Monday as they sought a person of interest in the killings.

Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29, had been reported missing to the Okmulgee Police Department last week. The four men, whom police described as “close friends,” were last seen leaving Billy Chastain’s house on bicycles “pulling trailers” around 8 p.m. on Oct. 9, Police Chief Joe Prentice said.

The owner of the two salvage yards, identified by police as Joe Kennedy, has been named a person of interest in the killings. Investigators last spoke with Kennedy on Friday afternoon, when the men’s remains were discovered in a nearby river but not yet positively identified. Prentice said at the time that Kennedy “appeared to be cooperative” and “was not antagonistic.” He has since been reported missing and may be experiencing suicidal ideations.

Four Men Were Killed And Dismembered After Going Out To “Hit A Lick” On Their Bicycles

Jeez, not your typical spandex-clad cyclists.....I suspect shenanigans all the way around on this one.

sub-buzz-11271-1666032647-4.jpg

Okmulgee police have identified Joe Kennedy, the owner of two scrapyards that the men visited the night they disappeared, as a person of interest in the killings. Kennedy is now missing.

Four Oklahoma men who disappeared after going out on their bicycles last weekend were shot, dismembered, and their remains dumped in a river, police said Monday as they sought a person of interest in the killings.

Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29, had been reported missing to the Okmulgee Police Department last week. The four men, whom police described as “close friends,” were last seen leaving Billy Chastain’s house on bicycles “pulling trailers” around 8 p.m. on Oct. 9, Police Chief Joe Prentice said.

The owner of the two salvage yards, identified by police as Joe Kennedy, has been named a person of interest in the killings. Investigators last spoke with Kennedy on Friday afternoon, when the men’s remains were discovered in a nearby river but not yet positively identified. Prentice said at the time that Kennedy “appeared to be cooperative” and “was not antagonistic.” He has since been reported missing and may be experiencing suicidal ideations.

Four Men Were Killed And Dismembered After Going Out To “Hit A Lick” On Their Bicycles

Jeez, not your typical spandex-clad cyclists.....I suspect shenanigans all the way around on this one.

sub-buzz-11271-1666032647-4.jpg
They don't look like your typical avid riders of bicycles.
I'm gonna guess something went bad.

They don't look like your typical avid riders of bicycles.
I'm gonna guess something went bad.
Just painting with a broad brush here but I suspect all four have seen the inside of a gray bar hilton. ;)

Update:

Kennedy was arrested on a grand theft auto charge after being caught in a vehicle reported stolen to the Okmulgee Police Department on Monday, Oct. 17.

He was arrested in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida.

Okmulgee PD: Quadruple homicide person of interest arrested in Florida on grand theft auto charge

Ah, a strange mystery. They look like ex-cons.

During a press conference Monday, Prentice said that based on information provided by a witness who was invited to join them, police believe the victims planned to commit “some type of criminal act” when they left the house. The witness told investigators that the men were planning “to ‘hit a lick’ big enough for all of them,” the police chief said.

Junkyards are a great front for all kinds of activities, a favorite with mobsters, biker gangs, cartels, etc.

Ah, a strange mystery. They look like ex-cons.

During a press conference Monday, Prentice said that based on information provided by a witness who was invited to join them, police believe the victims planned to commit “some type of criminal act” when they left the house. The witness told investigators that the men were planning “to ‘hit a lick’ big enough for all of them,” the police chief said.

Junkyards are a great front for all kinds of activities, a favorite with mobsters, biker gangs, cartels, etc.
Yep.

Sounds like they were scum bags that went out looking for trouble but, unfortunately for them, they found the devil.

This might be a "win" all the way around.

I'd like to learn a bit more about these guys backgrounds.
They certainly dont fit the typical cyclist image. And obviously there was more than one guy since it's unlikely one guy could take them all out.
Yeah...this doesn't pass the smell test.

I guess they were hoping to move up to Harleys and Indians when they scored.

Forum List

Back