Racism rears its ugly head over new Star Wars trailer.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Red states/repub-voters were taken aback :shock: when seeing a black Storm Trooper :cool-45:

here is his response:

Black Stormtrooper John Boyega to fans Get used to it - CNN.com
(CNN) -- Actor John Boyega has four words for anyone who's upset he's playing what appears to be a black Stormtrooper in the latest "Star Wars" film: "Get used to it."

The 22-year-old British actor posted the message on Instagram yesterday after his appearance in the new trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" aroused feverish discussion on social media. On YouTube, some questioned whether a black Stormtrooper made sense, while others reacted with racist remarks.

why all the rw hate? Is it something to do w/ December? :dunno:

0315_lando_630x420.jpg

I've always been more of a Trekkie, and I can't keep the SW episodes straight. But the first movie in the second trilogy featured a senate filled with evil Asian-looking characters.

Then, you had JarJar Binks in the 2nd movie, maybe the most notoriously racist character in modern film. Remember JarJar? I'm laughing right now just thinking about what an epic fail that was.

Anyway, accusations of racism in SW have traditionally come from the so-called Left.

Storm troopers according to the lore are clones of Jango Fett, who is of some type of Polynesian descent. Of course the non canon after RoJ material states cloning was no longer done, and Stormtroopers could be of any race (but still only human, the empire remnants are still xenophobic).

The question is why is this an issue? If the people pointing out that in canon stormtroopers are Polynesian clones are what is in question, then they are correct, until this movie comes out and changes the canon.

Jezuz, I can't believe the things some idiots waste pixel space on. Racist animals in Missouri just burned most of the Koreans out of Ferguson because of MSM and White House race-baiting, and this asshole thinks the big issue regarding racism right now should be some space opera. I hope you run into a Korean very soon who gives you a good kick in your dot com ass, idiot.

I would like to see more reality in movies: Crack addicted babies born to illiterate 14 year-olds, 19 year-old gang banger fathers, welfare-leaching ministers, pandering politicians, ineffectual do-gooders, etc.

"Meesa called JarJar Binks. Meesa you humble servant" - actual quote from JJ Binks. WTF?

Forum List

Back