Rachel Brand is resigning from Justice Department

Rachel_Brand_official_photo.jpg

WASHINGTON — Rachel L. Brand, the No. 3 official at the Justice Department, plans to step down after nine months on the job as the country’s top law enforcement agency has been under attack by President Trump, according to two people briefed on her decision.

Ms. Brand’s profile had risen in part because she is next in the line of succession behind the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, who is overseeing the special counsel’s inquiry into Russian influence in the 2016 election. Mr. Trump, who has called the investigation a witch hunt, has considered firing Mr. Rosenstein.

Such a move could have put her in charge of the special counsel and, by extension, left her in the cross hairs of the president.

Ms. Brand, who became the associate attorney general in May 2017, is leaving for a job as general counsel in the private sector. She has held politically appointed positions in the past three presidential administrations.

In her current job, she reports directly to Mr. Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, who has recused himself from the Russia investigation.

More: No. 3 Official at the Justice Department Is Stepping Down - The New York Times

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

She is the U.S. Associate Attorney General. Was she being pressured to fire Mueller or stifle his investigation if they gave her Rod Rosenstein's job, Mueller's boss? Don't know yet...

So by now can we automatically assume that any any DOJ, FBI, or other high-ranking Obama-era official suddenly stepping down or retiring, is complicit in the most heinous scandal since Watergate?

It sure seems that way to me. The rats are truly jumping from the ship, as it is listing severely.

Who said anything about her being "complicit"? I certainly didn't. My guess is that she is resigning to avoid "the most heinous scandal since Watergate". I've also heard she's been offered a big Walmart job.

Does any state/government workers do their job ?? LOL

Just get out and ride on the local roadways, and you will learn 1st hand how well state employees do their job... Pathetic... Not talking about contractors hired on by the state to do jobs they (the state/government) whine and cry about, but I'm talking about the state operations themselves that are a huge waste of taxpayers resources.

WASHINGTON — Rachel L. Brand, the No. 3 official at the Justice Department, plans to step down after nine months on the job as the country’s top law enforcement agency has been under attack by President Trump, according to two people briefed on her decision.

Ms. Brand’s profile had risen in part because she is next in the line of succession behind the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, who is overseeing the special counsel’s inquiry into Russian influence in the 2016 election. Mr. Trump, who has called the investigation a witch hunt, has considered firing Mr. Rosenstein.

Such a move could have put her in charge of the special counsel and, by extension, left her in the cross hairs of the president.

Ms. Brand, who became the associate attorney general in May 2017, is leaving for a job as general counsel in the private sector. She has held politically appointed positions in the past three presidential administrations.

In her current job, she reports directly to Mr. Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, who has recused himself from the Russia investigation.

More: No. 3 Official at the Justice Department Is Stepping Down - The New York Times

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

She is the U.S. Associate Attorney General. Was she being pressured to fire Mueller or stifle his investigation if they gave her Rod Rosenstein's job, Mueller's boss? Don't know yet...

So by now can we automatically assume that any any DOJ, FBI, or other high-ranking Obama-era official suddenly stepping down or retiring, is complicit in the most heinous scandal since Watergate?

It sure seems that way to me. The rats are truly jumping from the ship, as it is listing severely.

Who said anything about her being "complicit"? I certainly didn't. My guess is that she is resigning to avoid "the most heinous scandal since Watergate". I've also heard she's been offered a big Walmart job.
Copy she don't want to see Hillary and the good time gang go down while she's still in government as a reminder of it all.

I think Mueller will have something significant to share well before the November elections. I doubt he makes anything public until he interviews Trump.

I don't know if Mueller will ever interview Trump, without getting a grand jury subpoena.
Dufus is unaware of Executive Privilege.

USSC in Jones V Clinton

Thte justices were aware of executive privilege, and said even a sitting president has to answer a grand jury subpoena.

I think Mueller will have something significant to share well before the November elections. I doubt he makes anything public until he interviews Trump.

I don't know if Mueller will ever interview Trump, without getting a grand jury subpoena.

USSC in Jones V Clinton

Thte justices were aware of executive privilege, and said even a sitting president has to answer a grand jury subpoena.

Yes...he will need to answer a subpeona. I think he will do the interview cause he thinks he is smarter than Mueller....:badgrin:

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

Another crook from 45's Administration bites the dust.

It sounds like we are gadly rid of her. She would probably be stabbing the President in the back, just like Rosenstein.

Yes...he will need to answer a subpeona. I think he will do the interview cause he thinks he is smarter than Mueller....:badgrin:

The requirements may be even greater on Trump. Clinton was a very busy president, but still had to testify by video. Trump spends 5 hours a day watching TV and tweeting.

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

^^^^ A Transgender?

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

Another crook from 45's Administration bites the dust.

She wasn't appointed by Trump, dumbass. The more of the establishment douches Trump gets rid of, the better. A good thorough house cleaning is long overdue.

Last edited:
It sounds like we are gadly rid of her. She would probably be stabbing the President in the back, just like Rosenstein.

Trump only hires the best people.

Associate Attorney General (2017–2018)
On February 1, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Brand to be United States Associate Attorney General. Her appointment was confirmed 52–46 by the U.S. Senate on May 18, 2017, and she was sworn in on May 22, 2017.

She wasn't appointed by Trump, dumbass. The more of the estblishment douches Trump gets rid of, the better. A good thorough house cleaning is long overdue.

Associate Attorney General (2017–2018)
On February 1, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Brand to be United States Associate Attorney General. Her appointment was confirmed 52–46 by the U.S. Senate on May 18, 2017, and she was sworn in on May 22, 2017.

watch who replaces her

Robert J. Higdon, Jr. the guy was the lead prosecutor in the John Edwards campaign finance fraud case

he could very well become Muellers boss

So why do you regressives lie and show pictures saying they have been arrested?

There is a grey area between their lawyers bringing them in to surrender, and being placed under arrest, and them being arrested and then being brought in.

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

I wish that Mueller would just go faster with this before Trump starts a war .. The guy is as guilty as they come , just get the ass and the others behind bars asap.

I agree - but I applaud Mueller for being methodical.

Yes, Trump thought it was over when he fired Comey..

:777::auiqs.jpg::777:

Yes, he is clearly that stupid!

Yup...he told the Russians he removed a lot of pressure....more obstruction evidence.

LOL....

My best guess is that she was going to get a lot of shit from whichever side she came down on, and didn't want to deal with all the Washington BS. A quick look around suggests she's more conservative-minded, still could be anti-Trump but whatever. Can't blame anybody for wanting to get out of the political shitstorm.

You seem to have your priorities all fucked up.
But when dealing with partisans and hypocrites I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

Obama as president told the russians he would be freer to negotiate after the election was over.

Donald Trump as candidate told the russians to find HIllary's emails, and as President he refused to enact the congressional sanctions against russia.

USSC in Jones V Clinton

.Like I said Clinton first.

Forum List

Back