Race

Many cite proof of racism:
  1. Prisons are full of blacks
  2. Young black males get tougher sentences of prison time than the same whites for the same crime
  3. Black neighborhood schools are substandard and are not equal to schools in white neighborhood
  4. and many more examples of proof of racism; and
  5. Grocery store chains won't open in black neighborhoods
In an honest attempt to, in some small measure, try to begin that difficult discussion that it seems is needed. Here is where my thoughts take me when thinking about these racist realities.
  1. It is not a miscarriage of justice that the prisons are full of blacks. Black criminality is the reason the prisons are full of young black males.
  2. Young blacks get tougher prison sentences than whites committing the same crime. Many blacks have a record -- or history, if you will -- of committing serious crime.
  3. Black neighborhoods have bad schools. I don't know this for sure, but if I was a teacher, I wouldn't want to go to black intercity neighborhoods to teach. From my perspective, many black men and women in these schools are abusive, have not been raised to respect authority, and are obviously unruly. Take that populous to the best school in the country and nothing would change for many. Good teachers would leave that good school.
  4. I suspect grocery stores don't want to operate in many black neighborhoods because of crime such as theft and assault committed by the many of the populous in these neighborhoods.
Mike Brown: Mr. Brown was a young black male suffering from the affects of racism. Mr. Brown in my opinion did not deserve to die. Mr. Brown, was however, a criminal, abusive, did not respect authority, and attacked a police, tried to grab his gun and refused to do what everyone in a civilized society is required by law to do: obey the commands of a police.

I am not saying I am correct. This is just an honest attempt to describe my perspective. If I you feel I am wrong and feel you want to reply to me, please don't yell at or insult me or show how I am stupid or a bad person. Help me come around to where you are coming from.

Forum List

Back