R.I. Republican Hodgson resigns as delegate over Trump, Endorses Johnson

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Another car on the Trump train derailing.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Prominent Rhode Island Republican Dawson Hodgson has resigned as a delegate to his party's national convention in Cleveland to protest the candidacy of Donald Trump.

"I resigned as a matter of conscience," Hodgson told The Providence Journal in an interview Tuesday. "I believe that Donald Trump's candidacy is antithetical to the values of my country and the Republican Party, and I don't desire to assist him in any way."

R.I. Republican Hodgson resigns as delegate over Trump

And here's the best part

Hodgson said he will vote for the Libertarian ticket of former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson for president and backed former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld for vice president.

if the anti Trump sector started a serious pro Johnson campaign they could get enough votes to keep him out of office.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Prominent Rhode Island Republican Dawson Hodgson has resigned as a delegate to his party's national convention in Cleveland to protest the candidacy of Donald Trump.

"I resigned as a matter of conscience," Hodgson told The Providence Journal in an interview Tuesday. "I believe that Donald Trump's candidacy is antithetical to the values of my country and the Republican Party, and I don't desire to assist him in any way."

And here's the best part

Hodgson said he will vote for the Libertarian ticket of former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson for president and backed former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld for vice president.

Insignificant.

And here's the best part

Insignificant.

Keep telling yourself that...

if the anti Trump sector started a serious pro Johnson campaign they could get enough votes to keep him out of office.

Johnson could also appeal to the Sanders voter too, so watch what you wish for...

And here's the best part

Insignificant.

Keep telling yourself that...

No reason not to. Hodgson's history might fill a thimble.

Forum List

Back