R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

That'd be Gordon Lightfoot, not Jimmy Buffett.

I was about to say I didn't know Buffett sang that, I thought that was Lightfoot.

I grew up on the water with my family. We loved all boating songs and I admired his love of the ocean and boats. I also love Alan Jackson, and his recent coming out of his medical condition that has rendered him unable to perform, it's sad. Man as I kid I sang "It's 5 oclock somewhere." What would Jimmy Buffett do? I'd say pour me something tall and strong, make it a hurricane, before I go insane...."

I was like 12 but didn't know what a hurricane was but proudly sang that song. I also like Kenny chesney for the same reason.

Last edited:
All of these guys are dying off now. Hardly seems like a week or so goes by, another one from my young days passes on. RIP to Jimmy, and all of them. :icon_cry:

The song does say “Jimmy” near the end.
His dad was also Jim. I just wonder if he combined his father and grandfather's lives in that song. There are lines about the war but that could apply to either WWI or WWII. The last verse is about fishing the pylons, which sounds more like his grandfather.

Buffett... rich enough ($billionaire) to own one of these...

sup.jpg

But preferred this instead...

57abd860-38a2-11ec-a7c2-472d2a2a928d-Jimmy-Buffett-boat-4-credit-Onne-Van-Der-Wall.jpg

I hope it wasn't the shot that got him. I met him in person before he was famous. 1967 in Mobile.

Rare forms of cancer have exploded since the shots were administered. RIP Jimmy Buffett.

His staff will remain silent as to whether he took the shots or not, following the lead of many other stricken entertainers like Celine Dion.
OK. From what I have read, he suffered quietly from that condition for almost 5 years.

Which was prior to the pandemic and the shots that followed.

Either way, may he RIP.

Rare forms of cancer have exploded since the shots were administered. RIP Jimmy Buffett.

His staff will remain silent as to whether he took the shots or not, following the lead of many other stricken entertainers like Celine Dion.
Have they? Have rare forms of cancer exploded since the shots were administered? Got a link showing that to be a fact and not just paranoia?

I’m not criticizing anyone who likes Buffett

But other than one song he’s not on my radar
You might want to listen to his stuff, he was good. Not just as a performer, but a songwriter as well. It's rare to be both, Dylan was a great songwriter, but a horrible performer, I can't listen to that nasal voice of his, it takes all the enjoyment out of his songs and lyrics.

Forum List

Back