Quit Smoking

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
OK - I Quit smoking on June 4. Cold turkey from 3 packs a day. Needles to say, I am doing a bit of whining.

Eating lots of fruit to keep the sugar up and drinking lots of water. Any others with experience and any helpful hints?

:blowup:

God I'd love to quit. God I love smoking. Something has got to give.

Originally posted by Kathianne

That was a funny movie.

I was in the do or not boat and just got sick of it. Each day gets a little better - but DAMNIT!

Go to the health food store or a whole foods market. Pick up caplets of an herb called lobelia. It will help the nicotine cravings ALOT due to its similar biomolecular structure to nicotine, minus the negative side effects.

Good luck!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
Go to the health food store or a whole foods market. Pick up caplets of an herb called lobelia. It will help the nicotine cravings ALOT due to its similar biomolecular structure to nicotine, minus the negative side effects.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try it. Next time can you type a little slower? I'm having a hard time keeping up. :)

Nettle and marshmallow root will quickly help with other physical addiction symptoms.

Nettle will control alergic lung type activity and marshmallow root will help you cough out the junk to get over the residual nicotine crud seeping into the system and dragging the process on.

BTW....

The most precisely regulated and dependable brand of PURE herbal capsule I have found is "Nature's way".

They are the only brand I use unless nothing else is available.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Nettle and marshmallow root will quickly help with other physical addiction symptoms.

Nettle will control alergic lung type activity and marshmallow root will help you cough out the junk to get over the residual nicotine crud seeping into the system and dragging the process on.

BTW....

The most precisely regulated and dependable brand of PURE herbal capsule I have found is "Nature's way".

They are the only brand I use unless nothing else is available.

Cool - I've not been sleeping well as I have this incessant tickle in my throat when I am laying down - and just cough and hack. Hell, didn't do that when I was smoking! But sure, I'm better for it now - right? :p:

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Cool - I've not been sleeping well as I have this incessant tickle in my throat when I am laying down - and just cough and hack. Hell, didn't do that when I was smoking! But sure, I'm better for it now - right? :p:

:)

The good thing is that these two herbs will quickly get you through that. -At least, quicker than the alternative of TIME. :p:

Originally posted by Kathianne

You and me both.
Congrats HGROKIT!!!

My grandmother is alive today at 87.
She has had emphezyma(sp?) for a while though, and is on oxygen but she still gets around.

Anyway, she quit cold-turkey about 7 years ago after smoking 2 packs of Salems for 50 years.

Salems no less! Wish I smoked them, then quitting would be easy.
:D

I smoked for five years. I quit smoking cold turkey about five years ago. I would suggest smoking a joint eveytime you want a cigarette. That's what I did.

That and living in a small dorm room with someone who smokes constantly. But that was more a contributor to me stoping than me not smoking again. He smoked enough for both of us.

Zhukov you are SO right. I don't smoke much around my dad, as he blows smoke in everyone's face. I don't NEED to smoke. I love him, but he's very embarrasing to take out, though he dresses very dapper.

Originally posted by Zhukov
I smoked for five years. I quit smoking cold turkey about five years ago. I would suggest smoking a joint eveytime you want a cigarette. That's what I did.

That and living in a small dorm room with someone who smokes constantly. But that was more a contributor to me stoping than me not smoking again. He smoked enough for both of us.

Awe man...when I was 18 my roommate would have a a cigarette lit as he was turning off the alarm clock in the AM.

I was a smoker then as I am now, and occasionally smoke in the early morning though not regularly, but that shit used to kill me.

I'm lying there half-awake dreaming of coffee/tea, OJ, pancakes, fruit, bong-hits, whatever and suddenly...choke-hack-choke. We had a small dorm room.

I'm with you on the joint thing, pot is a wonder drug as long as it doesn't keep you from participating in life...I'm sure most doctors/addiction experts wouldn't recommend it, though.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
jimnyc quit a few months ago. He might have a good word for you. Congrats, BTW! :thup:

Jeff check out some pics of Jimmy from weekend before last and tell me what you see him enjoying.

Start dipping Copenhagen snuff, at least your lungs will be ok :D

Originally posted by OCA
Start dipping Copenhagen snuff, at least your lungs will be ok :D

Yeah, mising half of your face is cute.
I used to dip some having gone to a jock-y all-male prep school, but finally said enough is enough.

Ever seen someone who had part of their jaw removed? I figured if I couldn't kiss a pretty lady, I'd rather be dead...

Originally posted by Zhukov

LMAO - I have been clean and sober for awhile now. Man, if I twisted one up everytime I wanted a cig, two things would happen - 1) I'd go broke and 2) I would never get anything done.

LMAO - I have been clean and sober for awhile now. Man, if I twisted one up everytime I wanted a cig, two things would happen - 1) I'd go broke and 2) I would never get anything done.

Aside from being broke and lacking motivation, I'd gain about 50 lbs! Toke, eat, toke, eat, toke eat.......:D

Forum List

Back