Quit Smoking

Originally posted by Said1
Aside from being broke and lacking motivation, I'd gain about 50 lbs! Toke, eat, toke, eat, toke eat.......:D

LOL me too!

I've been a wannabe type smoker all my life. I can buy a pack of cigs, and maybe they'll last me three weeks. Sometimes I throw them away because they're stale.

I smoke so little nowadays I don't know why I don't quit all together. But when I get together with the guy's down at the bar, and everybody is firing up the smokes while having a cold one, it's time for me to fire up too. I'll smoke some smokes that night, and the next morning, if I even SMELL one it'll gag me.

I don't know HGROKIT, I work out quite a bit, and when I start my warm up, I can tell if I've been smoking. It pisses me off and I think, "I'm not going to smoke again". That probably will ultimately be the reason I quit, because it makes me feel like shit in the gym. But when I get pumped up, there's no other feeling like it. I guess my suggestion then would be to start going to the gym. It doesn't take long before you start feeling GOOOD.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I've been a wannabe type smoker all my life. I can buy a pack of cigs, and maybe they'll last me three weeks. Sometimes I throw them away because they're stale.

I smoke so little nowadays I don't know why I don't quit all together. But when I get together with the guy's down at the bar, and everybody is firing up the smokes while having a cold one, it's time for me to fire up too. I'll smoke some smokes that night, and the next morning, if I even SMELL one it'll gag me.

I don't know HGROKIT, I work out quite a bit, and when I start my warm up, I can tell if I've been smoking. It pisses me off and I think, "I'm not going to smoke again". That probably will ultimately be the reason I quit, because it makes me feel like shit in the gym. But when I get pumped up, there's no other feeling like it. I guess my suggestion then would be to start going to the gym. It doesn't take long before you start feeling GOOOD.

Alas, I am going down that path as well. I already feel awesome, just the lingering withdrawls that suck. Before long I'll be so damn healthy I'll probably be wearing spandex - LMAO

Originally posted by Said1
Aside from being broke and lacking motivation, I'd gain about 50 lbs! Toke, eat, toke, eat, toke eat.......:D

lol

1. broke
2. lazy
3. fat

sounds about right:cool:

Originally posted by nycflasher
I'm with you on the joint thing, pot is a wonder drug as long as it doesn't keep you from participating in life...I'm sure most doctors/addiction experts wouldn't recommend it, though.

I was talking to my doctor once during the course of a check-up when I told him that I smoked, drank, toked, and occasionally tripped.

He told me to stop smoking.

With respect to the weed-alternative causing laziness, poverty, or weight gain....

1.) Don't be lazy, and if you are please don't blame the weed.

2a.) weed= You shouldn't need to smoke a whole joint, one of two puffs of the good stuff is fine. Buy a small water bong.

2b.) cigarettes= How much is a pack of cigarettes nowadays? At least $4 in most places. Coastal areas are probably much higher. Stay within your cigarette budget.

And obviously you won't be able to toke everytime you want to smoke. But when you really need it.....

3.) Goes along with the laziness. Use the weed to motivate you. Go climb a hill, go walk in the woods, go to the zoo.

Weed should be used to accentuate the good things in life, not abused as a replacement for life.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Alas, I am going down that path as well. I already feel awesome, just the lingering withdrawls that suck. Before long I'll be so damn healthy I'll probably be wearing spandex - LMAO

And believe this or not, at least it's been my experience, that with the opening up of the lungs providing more oxygen for the blood, and the increased blood flow from working out, not only is your metabolizism going to go up, you energy is going to go up, AND your "MENTAL ACUITY" will as well.

Originally posted by Zhukov
I was talking to my doctor once during the course of a check-up when I told him that I smoked, drank, toked, and occasionally tripped.

He told me to stop smoking.

I've heard doctors say the same thing.
But then, a shrink will tell you right off to quit smoking weed if you are having emotional problems.

Originally posted by Zhukov
cigarettes= How much is a pack of cigarettes nowadays? At least $4 in most places. Coastal areas are probably much higher. Stay within your cigarette budget.

$7.50 CDN - more at some stores

Originally posted by Pale Rider
And believe this or not, at least it's been my experience, that with the opening up of the lungs providing more oxygen for the blood, and the increased blood flow from working out, not only is your metabolizism going to go up, you energy is going to go up, AND your "MENTAL ACUITY" will as well.

Ahem - Pale? Was there some hidden and subtle message there about mental acuity?

:D

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Ahem - Pale? Was there some hidden and subtle message there about mental acuity?

:D

No, no. I wasn't insinuating anything. As I said, "at least it's been my experience". I was more alert at school, and noticed I benefited from it on tests as well as in lab.

I didn't have a job for over two years, and sat around not doing squat. I got pretty out of shape. Maybe I was more so than you. But my energy level was nil, and I generaly felt like crap. It's been about six months now that I've been working out steady. I used to when I was younger in the military too, but now I feel fucking GREAT!

I have been smoking since i was 15 and i'm 26 now..smoking to me is enjoyable and at 15 it was the coolest thing to do..if i don't have anything to do i would just have a smoke..and yes Pale Rider i hear ya on going out to the bars and smoking..i go out with my friends i got through a pack of smokes in just one night and the morning i can't even have one until later on. i have tried to quite many of times but i get stressed or bored and that is the first thing that i go to is back to smoking. i don't know any tips on what to do when you quite, if i did i would have use them by now. but i guess i'm going to dye happy with a cigerette in one hand and a beer in another that's the way i want to go. just wanted to give you all my two cents..;)

Originally posted by Jmarie
I have been smoking since i was 15 and i'm 26 now..smoking to me is enjoyable and at 15 it was the coolest thing to do..if i don't have anything to do i would just have a smoke..and yes Pale Rider i hear ya on going out to the bars and smoking..i go out with my friends i got through a pack of smokes in just one night and the morning i can't even have one until later on. i have tried to quite many of times but i get stressed or bored and that is the first thing that i go to is back to smoking. i don't know any tips on what to do when you quite, if i did i would have use them by now. but i guess i'm going to dye happy with a cigerette in one hand and a beer in another that's the way i want to go. just wanted to give you all my two cents..;)

Wait 'till later in your life Jmarie. Your "body" will tell you, "hey, you gotta quit this shit", and believe me, you WILL want to quit. Sooner or later the "want to quit" out weighs the "can't quit", and you can.

Shit after last night my head is telling me to stop it..:cof: Yeah I am still what young so the who stopping smoking right now is not in the picture..I guess when i'm older i might look at it in a different light..i guess we well have to wait and see..:cof:

Forum List

Back