Quintessential Establishment Republican, Paul Ryan, just elected Speaker

Well Paul Ryan will most likely get stuff done. He will get things done while the rabid fringers whine about how he is the Anti-Christ. In the end the right man is at the helm, and the Tea Party is going to hate it daily!!!

We'll see. He's a practical, thoughtful wonk. But a pretty extreme one in terms of what he wants to do. But he does actually believe in governance. Which puts him heads and shoulders above the 'Freedom Caucus'.
Governance = means up the a$$ over and over and over and liking it...

if the right intends to maintain a place in politics longterm, migrating closer to center is mandatory. Minority (numbers) of extreme cults will eventually die off like bell bottom jeans ...

Well Paul Ryan will most likely get stuff done. He will get things done while the rabid fringers whine about how he is the Anti-Christ. In the end the right man is at the helm, and the Tea Party is going to hate it daily!!!

We'll see. He's a practical, thoughtful wonk. But a pretty extreme one in terms of what he wants to do. But he does actually believe in governance. Which puts him heads and shoulders above the 'Freedom Caucus'.
Governance = means up the a$$ over and over and over and liking it...

Or...it means responsible stewardship of the very government that the people each representative elected that Representative to be a part of.

The habitually frivolous usually think so.

Vague is fun!
Welcome to progressive land...

Sigh...typical response of the hopelessly frivilous.
Ain't moderates boring??

Not as boring as the tediously frivilous and uselessly vague.
So being spineless??

Spineless, frivilous and uselessly vague aren't mutually exclusive.

Receiving 236 of 432 votes cast, at 45, Ryan is the youngest Speaker since 1875.

Let's see what he can do. Despite his talk, he will not do the John Galt walk.

Moderates are never for anything but saving their cushy job...

Yawn, have anything that is not the tiring same sound bites from Hannity?

Spineless, frivilous and uselessly vague aren't mutually exclusive.
All being traits of progressivism...

Unless they're not.....
The shoe does fit...

But on who's foot.....
The one that's in debt...

Pssst,

You do know the GOP along with the Tea Party Caucus talk a tough game about fiscal conservatism, but when put to the test they fail daily, so why put up with the charade every election year?

Last true Conservative in Congress was Ron Paul, and I for one know many on the right cringed at Ron Paul Conservatism because it meant gutting the Military and also ending Corporate Welfare which the Tea Party would never do.

So as you call Paul Ryan a Progressive Moderate just remember the fact is none of those in Congress are true Conservatives, and you can see it in their votes.

Finally, remember when the GOP lost control of the Congress during the Bush era was after their fiscal liberal spending ( Remember the pork Highway Bill ), and the reality is they have not changed except that some just refuse to work with a Democrat but if Obama were a Republican they would be suckling off his words and passing everything he wanted...

Now enjoy...

When Ryan was the VP nominee everyone touted how skilled he was. Now he is considered the bad guy.
Unlike most here I will wait to see how he does his job as speaker before I judge.

Yup. Me to.

Ryan is one intelligent guy.

We will just have to wait and see how he handles the job.

All being traits of progressivism...

Unless they're not.....
The shoe does fit...

But on who's foot.....

Pssst,

You do know the GOP along with the Tea Party Caucus talk a tough game about fiscal conservatism, but when put to the test they fail daily, so why put up with the charade every election year?

Last true Conservative in Congress was Ron Paul, and I for one know many on the right cringed at Ron Paul Conservatism because it meant gutting the Military and also ending Corporate Welfare which the Tea Party would never do.

So as you call Paul Ryan a Progressive Moderate just remember the fact is none of those in Congress are true Conservatives, and you can see it in their votes.

Finally, remember when the GOP lost control of the Congress during the Bush era was after their fiscal liberal spending ( Remember the pork Highway Bill ), and the reality is they have not changed except that some just refuse to work with a Democrat but if Obama were a Republican they would be suckling off his words and passing everything he wanted...

Now enjoy...
Well said, very well said.

*One man standing ovation*

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Unless they're not.....
The shoe does fit...

But on who's foot.....

Pssst,

Now enjoy...
Well said, very well said.

*One man standing ovation*

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Agreed, there are very, very few real conservatives in Washington. They are the real minority, moderates are the absolute majority, thus the reason for our FUBAR federal government.

Embrace the suck

Forum List

Back