Questions and comments about individual mandate

You are either missing or avoiding the point. If you are a business with 50 or more employees, WHY should it be your responsibility to provide health care insurance to your employees or have to pay a fine? What part of you offering someone a job means that you have to take responsibility to provide their health care?

Sthu and mind your own business- even that is too much for you, dittohead. You people are perfect tools of greedy corporate swine...LOL!

LOLOL Did I strike a nerve there? Can you answer the question? Why should it be an employers responsibility to provide YOU with insurance? Did your boss become your Daddy?

Just that your "point" is so dumb....That's the way we do things here in the heart of capitalism. Same reason we won't do single payer. Like 2 other capitalistic centers, Holland and Switz. - On the OTHER HAND, Pubs are azzholes squeezing the non rich to DEATH, dupe.

Hmm. Perhaps not....However, the suits by those 26 states all must be heard.
Also I expect a 10th Amendment challenge as well.
Plus, with the inevitability of a GOP legislature and White House, Obamacare will probably be legislated out of existence or at least defunded by other legislation.

First off, it forces no one to enter a contract. If your employer enters the contract and you get insurance as a result, you have to do nothing.

Second, if and when the Court strikes this down, the GOP will celebrate. Also, if the Court strikes this down it pretty much has to take down the entire law, as all parts intertwine. If they don't a Public Option becomes almost a given. But in the short term, while the GOP is celebrating, millions of Americans who currently have coverage will lose it over night, because "conservatives" challenged the law.

When that happens, the GOP won't win the White House and will most likely lose seats in Congress.

Keep dreaming.

What happens is that the GOP has finally awakened to the fact that we have people in D.C. who are just as corrupt as anyone else. The GOP is more energized now (and still very disorganized...which is what we were when we kicked your ass in 2010) than ever.

I don't ever want to face this again. Many feel the same way. I enjoy hearing that many are fed up with Rush, Maddow and others and are simply going to start voting for what they think is best....not listening to anyone of these morons.

See you in November. P.S. I have two adult kids who don't have insurance (or didn't). Prices for coverage have come way down in the past six years.

I hope your children are never diagnosed with a pre-existing condition. Because if they are, and this law is struck down, they're fucked.

"See you in November. P.S. I have two adult kids who don't have insurance (or didn't). Prices for coverage have come way down in the past six years."

Yeah and the deductibles skyrocketed...actually, costs doubled under Boooosh, and for Public college, dupe.

You are either missing or avoiding the point. If you are a business with 50 or more employees, WHY should it be your responsibility to provide health care insurance to your employees or have to pay a fine? What part of you offering someone a job means that you have to take responsibility to provide their health care?

Sthu and mind your own business- even that is too much for you, dittohead. You people are perfect tools of greedy corporate swine...LOL!

LOLOL Did I strike a nerve there? Can you answer the question? Why should it be an employers responsibility to provide YOU with insurance? Did your boss become your Daddy?
That's a subject for another thread and it would be an interesting subject. But this is not the question that is currently before the court. If you are an employer you should bring a suit to get your day before SCOTUS.

That is all well and good but you aren't answering as to why it should be placed on employers, under threat of penalty, to provide the insurance. Does an employer offer a job or take someone to raise?

Do I have to provide health insurance to my employees?

The Affordable Care Act does not require employers to provide health insurance for their employees.

The Employer Responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act applies businesses with more than 50 full-time workers.​

Small Business

Perhaps you should ask the Godfather of Obmacare, Reversible Mittens. Romneycare required that employers with 11 or more employees provide Health Care to their employees. :lol:

I don't see them striking it down or they'll have to strike down SS, too. They're both government mandated taxes that buy a specific service. It the choice we've made, unless we want to start leaving accident victims on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance.

How is it constitutional to force me to pay more because other's don't pay for their own care?

That's between you and the insurer.

What a bull shit fuked up answer. Like I am gonna negoiate my group insurance rates just for me. And the insurance company will be so willing to cut my rates just because I asked.

Is that what you think?

Is that how you Rethugs do it? You just tell that insurance company to lower your rates. And they do it.

What a joke.

Shit. Who are you kidding?? No one has ever been left on the side of the road because they lack insurance.

How many gangbanger shooting victims get treated?? You can bet your ass they don't have insurance.

The Dems in Congress completely ignored the will of the people when they voted this peice of shit into existance. Many of them lost their cushy jobs over it last Nov.

From what I've been watching and reading the Justices of the SC are not very high on Obamacare. That bill is nothing but a giant power grab by Govt.

If its upheld what next?? What kind of car you have to drive. What kind of food you can eat??

Hope the SC kicks this peice of shit right to the curb where it belongs.

Oh and BTW if anyone thinks this will bring cost down your living in la la land. The Govt programs are never cheaper in they usually turn out to be way more expensive than some asshat "predicted."

Last edited:
What we have here are the 'Conservatives' cheering for paying twice as much in this nation, and recieving less. That is the state of affairs at present with our health care system. Most of the other industrialized nations cover all their citizens, have higher longevity, and much better infant mortality stats.

What the 'Conservatives' are really protecting is the present ability of people who do nothing but deny health care to people who have paid into the sytem for years, to become millionaires off the backs of the average citizen. As usual, the 'Conservatives' are rooting for the parasites.

Shit. Who are you kidding?? No one has ever been left on the side of the road because they lack insurance.

How many gangbanger shooting victims get treated?? You can bet your ass they don't have insurance.

The Dems in Congress completely ignored the will of the people when they voted this peice of shit into existance. Many of them lost their cushy jobs over it last Nov.

From what I've been watching and reading the Justices of the SC are not very high on Obamacare. That bill is nothing but a giant power grab by Govt.

If its upheld what next?? What kind of car you have to drive. What kind of food you can eat??

Hope the SC kicks this peice of shit right to the curb where it belongs.

Never said anyone got left on the side of the road. That's the point, no one does. It's the reason everyone has to pay, just like SS, Medicare or any other tax.

That's a subject for another thread and it would be an interesting subject. But this is not the question that is currently before the court. If you are an employer you should bring a suit to get your day before SCOTUS.

As members of NFIB, we are part of the current suit already before the court.

Do I have to provide health insurance to my employees?

The Affordable Care Act does not require employers to provide health insurance for their employees.

The Employer Responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act applies businesses with more than 50 full-time workers.​

Small Business

Perhaps you should ask the Godfather of Obmacare, Reversible Mittens. Romneycare required that employers with 11 or more employees provide Health Care to their employees. :lol:

I don't claim to agree with everything that Mitt Romney has ever proposed as the Governor of Mass, but I do think that I will agree with him far more than with Obama. Mitt seems capable of learning from his mistakes, Obama can't seem to admit that he makes any.

Just that your "point" is so dumb....That's the way we do things here in the heart of capitalism. Same reason we won't do single payer. Like 2 other capitalistic centers, Holland and Switz. - On the OTHER HAND, Pubs are azzholes squeezing the non rich to DEATH, dupe.

You dont even know how employer insurance came about. So shut the fuck up. You have got to be one of thee dumbest here.

Or perhaps because taxes would have had to have been raised for EVERYONE and Obama and the Democrats knew that would insure a one term presidency.

Probably not, as you can have a sustainable Public Option without raising taxes on everyone.

The vehicle is already in place...just open up Medicare to everyone and let anyone that wants to buy into it. Probably help out Medicare too, I'd imagine.

May I invite you to do a little research on TennCare? We've already tried your plan in the state of Tennessee and it was a huge failure.

You dont even know how employer insurance came about. So shut the fuck up. You have got to be one of thee dumbest here.

it's a close race between him and Rderp

First off, it forces no one to enter a contract. If your employer enters the contract and you get insurance as a result, you have to do nothing.

Second, if and when the Court strikes this down, the GOP will celebrate. Also, if the Court strikes this down it pretty much has to take down the entire law, as all parts intertwine. If they don't a Public Option becomes almost a given. But in the short term, while the GOP is celebrating, millions of Americans who currently have coverage will lose it over night, because "conservatives" challenged the law.

When that happens, the GOP won't win the White House and will most likely lose seats in Congress.

Keep dreaming.

What happens is that the GOP has finally awakened to the fact that we have people in D.C. who are just as corrupt as anyone else. The GOP is more energized now (and still very disorganized...which is what we were when we kicked your ass in 2010) than ever.

I don't ever want to face this again. Many feel the same way. I enjoy hearing that many are fed up with Rush, Maddow and others and are simply going to start voting for what they think is best....not listening to anyone of these morons.

See you in November. P.S. I have two adult kids who don't have insurance (or didn't). Prices for coverage have come way down in the past six years.

I hope your children are never diagnosed with a pre-existing condition. Because if they are, and this law is struck down, they're fucked.
Newsflash....pre existing conditions will be fiscally impossible to cover without a massive tax increase or a dramatic rationing of care combined with boards which are appointed by the Dept of Health and Human Services which will have absolute discretion on types of care, who gets care and of course the cost of care will be greatly scrutinized.
Should a person with a serious heart condition be able to sign up for new insurance and get it free of charge? Please. Even the geniuses on Capitol Hill know damned well this is impossible.
Forget the pre-existing condition stuff. It's not happening. Not without dramatic tax increases.

I don't claim to agree with everything that Mitt Romney has ever proposed as the Governor of Mass, but I do think that I will agree with him far more than with Obama. Mitt seems capable of learning from his mistakes, Obama can't seem to admit that he makes any.
Quite simply, in his mind, Obama has never made a mistake.

Keep dreaming.

Newsflash....pre existing conditions will be fiscally impossible to cover without a massive tax increase or a dramatic rationing of care combined with boards which are appointed by the Dept of Health and Human Services which will have absolute discretion on types of care, who gets care and of course the cost of care will be greatly scrutinized.
Should a person with a serious heart condition be able to sign up for new insurance and get it free of charge? Please. Even the geniuses on Capitol Hill know damned well this is impossible.
Forget the pre-existing condition stuff. It's not happening. Not without dramatic tax increases.

Which is my point.

Not discriminating against pre-existing conditions only works in conjunction with everyone getting health insurance. If you have no mechanism for everyone getting coverage, but do not discriminate for pre-existing conditions, insurers will go bankrupt very quickly. This means if the Mandate goes, so does non-discrimination.

Probably not, as you can have a sustainable Public Option without raising taxes on everyone.

The vehicle is already in place...just open up Medicare to everyone and let anyone that wants to buy into it. Probably help out Medicare too, I'd imagine.

May I invite you to do a little research on TennCare? We've already tried your plan in the state of Tennessee and it was a huge failure.

I did that some time ago.

The launched it and it loaded up with new enrollees. It almost went bankrupt.

They started dropping people like flies.

I have two with pre-existing conditions and am buying health insurance at a pretty reasonable rate for them.

Sorry to screw up your reality.

Forum List

Back