Questions and comments about individual mandate

Sniiper Fire
What you are saying is the liberal laws to force providers to give away their services is fucked up.

That's not even remotely related to what he/she said but my question is, why to rw's believe that those who pay for own insurance should be forced to pay for their care too?

I am so sick of the welfare right wingers who talk such a good game right up until they have to get their check book out and pay their own way. No one who pays for their own insurance would be stupid enough to NOT want the opportunity to pay less. Therefore, they also would not want the Affordable Health Care Act struck down.

ROTFLMAO

No one who understand how this game is played wants the Federal Government involved. Whatever they touch, turns to crapp.

Not that I believe for a minute that health care will be cheaper...but even if it were, the pricce reduction isn't worth the cost of having Uncle O & Co. now poised to tell me I can't drive a pickup that does not get 40 GPM.

Screw Axelrod and Obama.

Why is it unconstitutional, then?

The Senate is elected to represent their states.

So you think emergency services shouldn't be provided at all? I'm not totally sure, but I thought that was a Ronald Reagan thing.

It forces a contract between an individual and an insurance company with penalties of fines or jail if said individual doesn't comply. No court will uphold a contract through coercion. That applies to any contract, not just healthcare.

Aside from that, I don't see other parts being struck down.
Hmm. Perhaps not....However, the suits by those 26 states all must be heard.
Also I expect a 10th Amendment challenge as well.
Plus, with the inevitability of a GOP legislature and White House, Obamacare will probably be legislated out of existence or at least defunded by other legislation.

Do you not realize that individual policies are considerably more costly than group policies?

Now, if there was a public option available that would give the individuals group rates, that would be something wouldn't it?

It would be even better if we just all got health care and businesses AND individuals didn't have to worry about it.

Yes, I'm aware that group policies are cheaper than individual, but that still doesn't answer as to why your healthcare is your employer's responsibility instead of your own.

Employers provide Health Care as a way to attract quality employees. To properly compensate an employee that must purchase their own health care, the employer should then be prepared to pay a much higher salary.

If we are ever truly going to compete with other countries on a global scale, something must be done about our health care system. Most of the countries we are competing with have universal health care.

And this one wins a "does not compute" award.

Health Care isn't the only thing that differentiates us and other countries.

I work with foriegn nationals who can't believe the size of the house they can afford in this country........

Keep spinnning......somewhere a garden is getting greener because of all your B.S.

That is all well and good but you aren't answering as to why it should be placed on employers, under threat of penalty, to provide the insurance. Does an employer offer a job or take someone to raise?

Do I have to provide health insurance to my employees?

The Affordable Care Act does not require employers to provide health insurance for their employees.

The Employer Responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act applies businesses with more than 50 full-time workers.​

Small Business

You are either missing or avoiding the point. If you are a business with 50 or more employees, WHY should it be your responsibility to provide health care insurance to your employees or have to pay a fine? What part of you offering someone a job means that you have to take responsibility to provide their health care?

Sthu and mind your own business- even that is too much for you, dittohead. You people are perfect tools of greedy corporate swine...LOL!

Sniiper Fire
What you are saying is the liberal laws to force providers to give away their services is fucked up.

That's not even remotely related to what he/she said but my question is, why to rw's believe that those who pay for own insurance should be forced to pay for their care too?

I am so sick of the welfare right wingers who talk such a good game right up until they have to get their check book out and pay their own way. No one who pays for their own insurance would be stupid enough to NOT want the opportunity to pay less. Therefore, they also would not want the Affordable Health Care Act struck down.
Here's the rub...We will be paying MORE. All of us who earn over the 400% of poverty threshold will see our bill increase dramatically. Those within say 20% of the threshold will find the mandate to be unaffordable.
With Obamacare, there is no Free. There is no reduced 'cost'....Of there will be 'price' adjustments, but the provider will not be able to recoup their expenses due to new government rules. Eventually, there will be a contraction in the number of providers, in the number of hospitals, doctor's groups and students willing to go through the rigors and expense of medical school because there just will not be enough money in medicine.
Take a look at Canada. Most of that nation's medical professionals are foreign born.
The final blow of Obamacare will be rationed medicine. That's inevitable.

Why did we get a 'rebate' then?

No, rationed care is not inevitable. Read my post above. If you haven't experienced it, you really have no idea how GOOD real health care can be.

The Affordable Care Act does not require employers to provide health insurance for their employees.

The Employer Responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act applies businesses with more than 50 full-time workers.​

Small Business

You are either missing or avoiding the point. If you are a business with 50 or more employees, WHY should it be your responsibility to provide health care insurance to your employees or have to pay a fine? What part of you offering someone a job means that you have to take responsibility to provide their health care?

Sthu and mind your own business- even that is too much for you, dittohead. You people are perfect tools of greedy corporate swine...LOL!

Pull your head out of your ass, take a deep breath of fresh air and figure out just what a moron you look like every time you post.

You and sir Spamelot (Chris) must have sticky keys with your mindless little rants already programmed in.

Piss off, jerkwad.

You're a moron.

Lol !!!

Yes, I'm aware that group policies are cheaper than individual, but that still doesn't answer as to why your healthcare is your employer's responsibility instead of your own.

Employers provide Health Care as a way to attract quality employees. To properly compensate an employee that must purchase their own health care, the employer should then be prepared to pay a much higher salary.

If we are ever truly going to compete with other countries on a global scale, something must be done about our health care system. Most of the countries we are competing with have universal health care.

And this one wins a "does not compute" award.

Health Care isn't the only thing that differentiates us and other countries.

I work with foriegn nationals who can't believe the size of the house they can afford in this country........

Keep spinnning......somewhere a garden is getting greener because of all your B.S.

For example, cars made in Canada cost $3k less just because of this....STUPID= they make TONS of OUR cars.... Those McMansions fall apart in 50 years....idiocy and the key to the housing bubbles. Jeebus dupes are ignorant...

It forces a contract between an individual and an insurance company with penalties of fines or jail if said individual doesn't comply. No court will uphold a contract through coercion. That applies to any contract, not just healthcare.

That at least makes sense, though I don't think there is any jail time involved. You can be incarcerated for not paying your taxes, but that is pretty rare.

Yeah, that's correct. It doesn't state jail time in the bill. Incarceration through tax evasion would be jail time and it would have to be substantial.
My guess is the incarceration for non compliance was removed because the bill's sponsors did not want ACA to be referred to as a 'tax'.

Pull your head out of your ass, take a deep breath of fresh air and figure out just what a moron you look like every time you post.

You and sir Spamelot (Chris) must have sticky keys with your mindless little rants already programmed in.

Piss off, jerkwad.

You're a moron.

Lol !!!

Very impressive, Pubtroll. Got any arguments AT ALL? Just STUPID insults...your type is OUR best argument...

So you think emergency services shouldn't be provided at all? I'm not totally sure, but I thought that was a Ronald Reagan thing.

Plus, with the inevitability of a GOP legislature and White House, Obamacare will probably be legislated out of existence or at least defunded by other legislation.

I can definitely see that.

Small Business

LOLOL Did I strike a nerve there? Can you answer the question? Why should it be an employers responsibility to provide YOU with insurance? Did your boss become your Daddy?

Piss off, jerkwad.

You're a moron.

Lol !!!

Very impressive, Pubtroll. Got any arguments AT ALL? Just STUPID insults...your type is OUR best argument...

Yes, and your post was just reelling with well assembled arguments. :lol::lol::lol:

You are stupid...I'll give you that.

My type is working to make sure Obama goes packing in early 2013.

He NoHealthCare bill will proceed him.

Now STFU.

I want to know why anyone thinks it's right to force an employer to either provide health insurance for an employee or be fined. Why should it be the employers responsibility to buy the health insurance policy. If I pay you your wages, why can't you buy your own policy? Can't an employee be trusted to spend their wage wisely?

Do you not realize that individual policies are considerably more costly than group policies?

Now, if there was a public option available that would give the individuals group rates, that would be something wouldn't it?

It would be even better if we just all got health care and businesses AND individuals didn't have to worry about it.
It would be a good thing if such a large group could be created. Or at least private citizens could sign up to belong to a large covered group on their own.
Unfortunately, once the federal government gets involved, it inserts it's own mandates, rules, regulations and bureaucracy. And that is where the wheels come off.

LOLOL Did I strike a nerve there? Can you answer the question? Why should it be an employers responsibility to provide YOU with insurance? Did your boss become your Daddy?

Don't hold your breath. He hasn't answered one since he's been on this board.

He's a coward as well as a moron....a liberal.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Im laughing..............the k00ks are not having a good week. You can always tell because the perpetual levels of anger and misery come out as furiously as a pit bull on crack. Looking at DRUDGE tonight, its fully understandable on some level...................

Court picks apart individual mandate...
JUSTICE KENNEDY: Fundamentally Changes Relationship of Gov't...
ROBERTS: 'Can the gov't require you to buy a cell phone?'
'Grave, grave trouble'...
IRONY: Top court embraces case Obama made AGAINST HILLARY...
TRANSCRIPT...
Scalia: 'You Can Make People Buy Broccoli'...
'We're not stupid'...
Solicitor General Coughs, Stumbles, Stutters Through Defense...

OBAMACARE UNDER FIRE
EVEN FROM SOTOMAYOR?

not wInNiNg

20110519_0052_1-14.jpg

I'll admit it...........Im laughing my balls off tonight!!!

First off, it forces no one to enter a contract. If your employer enters the contract and you get insurance as a result, you have to do nothing.

Second, if and when the Court strikes this down, the GOP will celebrate. Also, if the Court strikes this down it pretty much has to take down the entire law, as all parts intertwine. If they don't a Public Option becomes almost a given. But in the short term, while the GOP is celebrating, millions of Americans who currently have coverage will lose it over night, because "conservatives" challenged the law.

When that happens, the GOP won't win the White House and will most likely lose seats in Congress.

First off, it forces no one to enter a contract. If your employer enters the contract and you get insurance as a result, you have to do nothing.

Second, if and when the Court strikes this down, the GOP will celebrate. Also, if the Court strikes this down it pretty much has to take down the entire law, as all parts intertwine. If they don't a Public Option becomes almost a given. But in the short term, while the GOP is celebrating, millions of Americans who currently have coverage will lose it over night, because "conservatives" challenged the law.

When that happens, the GOP won't win the White House and will most likely lose seats in Congress.

Keep dreaming.

What happens is that the GOP has finally awakened to the fact that we have people in D.C. who are just as corrupt as anyone else. The GOP is more energized now (and still very disorganized...which is what we were when we kicked your ass in 2010) than ever.

I don't ever want to face this again. Many feel the same way. I enjoy hearing that many are fed up with Rush, Maddow and others and are simply going to start voting for what they think is best....not listening to anyone of these morons.

See you in November. P.S. I have two adult kids who don't have insurance (or didn't). Prices for coverage have come way down in the past six years.

Forum List

Back