Question:

If I move to their country, I'll learn their language. If they want to come to our country, they learn our language. If they want to turn America into the shithole they made their country into, they can go back.

Agree 100%

Being annoyed at a demographic for not wanting to learn the language spoken in this country doesnt make me a biggot or a xenophobe as that D-Bag on the mountain likes to think. It makes me a concerned citizen of this great nation. It makes me an American who is proud of his country and does not want to see it ruined by a bunch of lazy beaners who are encouraged by the liberal nuts of this nation not to get a job so their constituency will grow.

Do what my Grandfather did and take the LEGAL route of immigration, no more border hopping. I'm all for setting up snipers around the Rio Grande, it's time to take the kid gloves off....now THAT'S biggotry!

Why don't you send your money to Mexico to support all of those swell people, I don't want my taxes paying for them to come here and fuck up our country.

What has that to do with what we were discussing? Why would I send my money there? I don't have family in Mexico. This country is based on immigration, what makes you think that immigrants are fucking it up now instead of 100 years ago?

I work with enough hispanics to know that the bullshit mentality that they are hard workers is a joke.

All hispanics are lazy? Really? Are you seriously saying something that ignorant sitarro, cause I know you're better than that.

What are the positives of having people move here that owe their allegiance to another country? Let them use the same energy they expend breaking our laws and sneaking in our country to fix their own lousy countries and stay there. We don't need useless, uneducated burdens to our society moving here, you may want them for whatever utopian ideology you profess to, but most here don't want them.

Whoever said I wanted a bunch of immigrants moving here? I don't. But, at the same time they ARE moving here and there is little we can do to stop it. I just advocate treating them ethically and morally and not stereotyping them as lazy criminals. Most immigrants are hardworking and must be in order to become citizens. Now, the second generation might be different, but they have just as much right to be here as you or I whose ancestors also migrated here.

Being a drunk is nothing to brag about, it's only impressive to ignorant kids and frats.

I agree, but thought you might find it an interesting factoid. I don't drink.

I noticed CMM stopped responding to my points

I just stopped responding to your irrational arguments and being that they are irrational, I can't use rational arguments to counter them. In other words, I lost interest in an excercise in futility.

You can have the nicest neighbors in the world, and if that's the case, it a very good thing BUT people living in America need to speak English. I get so tired of going to Wal-Mart, McDonald's, out to just about any public place and keep hearing this constant chatter in Spanish. I also find it offending that many of the things you buy in the store are now labeled to accomodate Spanish speaking folks, mostly Mexicans. This is America. I shouldn't have to press 1 to get something in English. If you're going to be here, be here legally and for God's sake, speak ENGLISH.
BBD, based on just what you said, these people at Wal-Mart and McDonalds, whom you complain so bitterly about, could in fact be able to speak English perfectly, for all you know. It it really so surprising that, if they're talking to someone who shares the same native language, they might prefer to use that language in an idle conversation?

And if hearing the Spanish bugs you, maybe you can buy one of those language software packages and teach yourself to figure out what they're saying. Might be fun! :)

What I want is for those that are moving here to take responsibility for learning the language and not expect the general public to pay for it. Is that simple enough for YOU to understand?

Very simple, and very ignorant.

First of all, how is someone who didn't grow up speaking English supposed to learn to speak it if not from someone teaching them? Do you think that the impoverished and developing (and usually corrupt) nations from which these immigrants come have cheap and available English classes for those wishing to immigrate to the US? And, all the second generation children of immigrants in this country are simply expected to know English because you don't like paying taxes and supporting public education? Also, simply because someone learns to speak a language doesn't mean they WILL speak it and remember how to speak it. I took French in high school and the only thing I can really remember is "grand tetons".

Is that SIMPLE enough for you to understand?

Agree 100%

Being annoyed at a demographic for not wanting to learn the language spoken in this country doesnt make me a biggot or a xenophobe

True. It just makes you easily annoyed and possibly a bigot and xenophobe.

as that D-Bag on the mountain likes to think.

Nice to meet you too. Another civilized conservative! Its a real pleasure to discuss topics with people like you!

It makes me a concerned citizen of this great nation. It makes me an American who is proud of his country and does not want to see it ruined by a bunch of lazy beaners

What did you say about not being a bigot (one 'g' in that word by the way. If you're going to criticize people for not speaking your language, at least know how to properly use it yourself. Just some friendly advice.)?

who are encouraged by the liberal nuts of this nation not to get a job so their constituency will grow.

Right. So I can tell you know a lot about US immigration policy. The government is just fine with immigrants moving here and not working. They just hand out citizenship without any real requirements. And you obviously know what liberals want! You're a real expert.

Do what my Grandfather did and take the LEGAL route of immigration, no more border hopping.

I haven't been writing about illegal immigrants. Just to let you know since you might have trouble with reading.

I'm all for setting up snipers around the Rio Grande, it's time to take the kid gloves off....now THAT'S biggotry!

Sure is! Yeehaw! Just kill them fuckin' wet-back spics! Aren't you just a perfect example that the theories of evolution are wrong! Or maybe you're the missing link?!

What I want is for those that are moving here to take responsibility for learning the language and not expect the general public to pay for it. Is that simple enough for YOU to understand?

Very simple, and very ignorant.

First of all, how is someone who didn't grow up speaking English supposed to learn to speak it if not from someone teaching them? Do you think that the impoverished and developing (and usually corrupt) nations from which these immigrants come have cheap and available English classes for those wishing to immigrate to the US? And, all the second generation children of immigrants in this country are simply expected to know English because you don't like paying taxes and supporting public education? Also, simply because someone learns to speak a language doesn't mean they WILL speak it and remember how to speak it. I took French in high school and the only thing I can really remember is "grand tetons".

Is that SIMPLE enough for you to understand?

And how is it exactly that past generations of immigrants learned the English language?

And how is it exactly that past generations of immigrants learned the English language?

If they couldn't afford classes, they would go to someone in their extended network or family - who had been in the States for many years - and take informal lessons from them.

Of course it's logical. WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO COME AND LIVE IN THE USA, LEAVE THE HILL BEHIND. See how simple that is?

Through English immersion that did not burden the general population with the expense of the immigrant family's desire to move to this country.

Vel, you don't know what you're talking about. Quit assuming you know something about this subject and quit rationalizing why you think you shouldn't pay taxes. You live in an organized society that chooses to govern itself and since the government is by the people for the people, the people have to pay for it and that means you.

I've studied linguistics, particularly that of the US, and even more specifically the dynamics of language procurement of immigrants in the US. Many immigrants never learn English. Their children learn both the native language at home and English in public schools, and often times the grandchildren speak only English and can't even communicate with their grandparents in their grandparents' native language. Almost all of the time English is learned at school by the second generation, both taught in class and immersively experienced.

Of course it's logical. WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO COME AND LIVE IN THE USA, LEAVE THE HILL BEHIND. See how simple that is?

You like to keep things simple, right?

Well, life isn't simple. If you were to move to another country, would you just abandon your culture, the very interface through which you've learned since birth to operate and interract with reality as you see it? No. Its impossible to do that. First you'd undergo culture shock upon arriving in a new country, and secondly you'd want to, in reaction to that culture shock, surround yourself with familiar aspects of your culture like music, food, people who speak the same language and can understand what your experiencing and relate and sympathize with you.

But, since you've never experienced anything outside of your nice, neat, narrow little box your capacity to empathize with others and understand situations you've never experienced, or even use your imagination effectively are either totally atrophied or have never been developed.

When we went to Mexico, I did not expect them to speak English, In Panama, if we left the base, it was on us to learn Spanish or take someone who could. To expect them to speak English would have been ignorant; we were in their country and if someone spoke my language at all, I was grateful because their was no reason they should. I expect the same of anyone who comes to America that they should expect of me if I move to their country.

When we went to Mexico, I did not expect them to speak English, In Panama, if we left the base, it was on us to learn Spanish or take someone who could. To expect them to speak English would have been ignorant; we were in their country and if someone spoke my language at all, I was grateful because their was no reason they should. I expect the same of anyone who comes to America that they should expect of me if I move to their country.

So living in Panama, you didn't learn to speak Spanish?

And how to you propose those immigrating to the US should learn English? Through books? Through people who speak both English and the native language? You expect a lot of volunteerism from these folks who are struggling simply to stay alive.

Forum List

Back