Question

saved

Apr 1, 2011
We are all aware of the new health care law even if we all do not totally understand it. There are several law suites against it under freedom of religion, over 40 of them. My question is since the congress passed the law how can the President change certain parts of it to fit their own agenda? Here is an article on the proposed change without congress making the change? Does anyone understand how this works?
Obama offers faith groups new birth control rule - Houston Chronicle

Bam BAm has been handing out exemptions to the law left and right as payment for political support.

The next one will be going to the unions.

We are all aware of the new health care law even if we all do not totally understand it. There are several law suites against it under freedom of religion, over 40 of them. My question is since the congress passed the law how can the President change certain parts of it to fit their own agenda? Here is an article on the proposed change without congress making the change? Does anyone understand how this works?
Obama offers faith groups new birth control rule - Houston Chronicle

This is how regulatory regimes work. Rule of law is replaced with rule by decree.

Executive orders have the strength of law unless revoked or proven unconstitutional in the courts......

We have our play king hard at work........

Congress directed the executive branch to identify preventive care and screenings for women that should be included in health insurance coverage. That's what they're trying to do here.

Actually the President cannot make laws unless the Congress gives specific directions as to what they pertain to. Here is a link to read on that part. Understanding executive orders and the powers they grant | Votetocracy
My question was wanting to know what grounds the President is offering a change in a specific law which cannot be done by executive order. He cannot just change a law even by executive order.

Forum List

Back