CDZ Question to Anti Free speech believers

JokerX27505

VIP Member
Aug 22, 2017
So people against free speech want something along the lines of having a government that can forcibly stop ideas and messages of hate. Of course there are many subjects most people can agree are nonsensical and will probably only bring harm to people but there is a fact that the power to ban what can and cannot be said is in the hands of a human beings "politicians".

I want to ask Liberals, Democrats pretty much anyone who believes the government should have the power to force a certain way of speaking.

When the government has this power..

1. How long do you think time will go on before the beliefs you hold are the minority and are the ones that are subjected to illegal speech?

2. How do you make sure the politicians that control what is legal speech and illegal speech don't go willy nilly and use their new power to remove oppositional speaking?

3. If you already believe this why is it worth the risk?

When you take any % of freedom away from the people you are also taking it from yourself.

I've never met a liberal who believes "the government should have the power to force a certain way of speaking".

You've built quite the strawman to fight.

Oh please, just look at Franco here and he would post point blank he wished the fairness doctrine was back

look at bill-16 and others that are actually getting passed I am not making a straw man and I'm asking a question so fill free to dismantle my points of view that you think I hold.

I believe in free speech! You're the one that wants to stop me from talking about sex and being free.
wait I do?

In all seriousness there are those who push to make it illegal to tell your kid that you disapprove of them being gay and others that want anyone who say racial insults "not threats" to be punished by government. I am asking those who are typical left side.

I mean in general to those that believe in government having this kind of power if I did not make that clear then I apologies

I've never met a liberal who believes "the government should have the power to force a certain way of speaking".

Oh please, just look at Franco here and he would post point blank he wished the fairness doctrine was back

The fairness doctrine is not the same thing, no matter what those right wing talking heads told you.

I mean in general to those that believe in government having this kind of power if I did not make that clear then I apologies

You're talking to a pretty small crowd then. I never met anybody that wanted what you claim. That's crazy.

You're talking to a pretty small crowd then. I never met anybody that wanted what you claim. That's crazy.
Perhaps but when a law is made that does give government the power to do this it couldn't have been done with one CRAZY politician.
Maybe this is quite large but people who are trying for this don't see it in a manner of more gov power but as a tool to remove an opposition.

The fairness doctrine is not the same thing, no matter what those right wing talking heads told you.

I'm 52, I lived through it and no exactly when talk radio took off on the AM dial the year after it was ended.

So stop with the propaganda it don't make you look smart with me.

Funny how al gore complained about two years ago about the internet and him saying it is really hard for people to govern.

Funny how al gore complained about two years ago about the internet and him saying it is really hard for people to govern.
Everything about him is funny.

Perhaps but when a law is made that does give government the power to do this it couldn't have been done with one CRAZY politician.
Maybe this is quite large but people who are trying for this don't see it in a manner of more gov power but as a tool to remove an opposition.

Care to point out ANYONE, politician or not, who wants what you describe?

I'm 52, I lived through it and no exactly when talk radio took off on the AM dial the year after it was ended.

So stop with the propaganda it don't make you look smart with me.

Yes. That's when right wing propaganda took off. Also when all the vitriolic division in our country took off.

Care to point out ANYONE, politician or not, who wants what you describe?
I don't agree with you often, but in this case, I couldn't agree more.

But here is the problem.

With the way critical theory is being pushed, I have seen polls among the younger portions of the millennial generation, and the next generation coming up after it, the iGen if you will, that no longer believe that the First Amendment is sacrosanct. They actually believe that the government should make laws, restricting, a priori, some types of speech.

This, "critical theory," is being engineered and taught to the next generations.

Can we in good conscious really believe that classical liberalism won't die when some authoritarian minded fool like Trump or Obama occupies the white house, when these generations are the major portions of society influencing the law making of our culture?

New Topics

Forum List

Back