CDZ Question to Anti Free speech believers

I mean in general to those that believe in government having this kind of power if I did not make that clear then I apologies

You're talking to a pretty small crowd then. I never met anybody that wanted what you claim. That's crazy.

Funny how al gore complained about two years ago about the internet and him saying it is really hard for people to govern.

So you got a link to him advocating the enforcing "a certain way of speaking" by government?

I mean in general to those that believe in government having this kind of power if I did not make that clear then I apologies

You're talking to a pretty small crowd then. I never met anybody that wanted what you claim. That's crazy.
Perhaps but when a law is made that does give government the power to do this it couldn't have been done with one CRAZY politician.
Maybe this is quite large but people who are trying for this don't see it in a manner of more gov power but as a tool to remove an opposition.

Care to point out ANYONE, politician or not, who wants what you describe?
everyone who voted for bill-16 to pass.

Perhaps but when a law is made that does give government the power to do this it couldn't have been done with one CRAZY politician.
Maybe this is quite large but people who are trying for this don't see it in a manner of more gov power but as a tool to remove an opposition.

40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities

I don't agree with you often, but in this case, I couldn't agree more.

But here is the problem.

With the way critical theory is being pushed, I have seen polls among the younger portions of the millennial generation, and the next generation coming up after it, the iGen if you will, that no longer believe that the First Amendment is sacrosanct. They actually believe that the government should make laws, restricting, a priori, some types of speech.

This, "critical theory," is being engineered and taught to the next generations.

Can we in good conscious really believe that classical liberalism won't die when some authoritarian minded fool like Trump or Obama occupies the white house, when these generations are the major portions of society influencing the law making of our culture?

Of course we can believe it won't die. I know right wing radio has been saying the whole country is going to hell for a long time, but it's really not so. Relax. Nobody is going to control what you can and can't say. They might hold some people responsible for obvious hurtful lies though. Nobody is going to take your guns. Nobody is going to make you get gay married. Education is not indoctrination. It's not as bad as you have heard. Everything will eventually work out fine.

What is bill 16?

40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities

Damn. That's more than approve of Trump.

What is bill 16?
Government Bill (House of Commons) C-16 (42-1) - Royal Assent - An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code - Parliament of Canada

What is bill 16?
Government Bill (House of Commons) C-16 (42-1) - Royal Assent - An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code - Parliament of Canada

I'll worry about that just as soon as I move to Canada. Until then, you're just funny.

But here is the problem.

With the way critical theory is being pushed, I have seen polls among the younger portions of the millennial generation, and the next generation coming up after it, the iGen if you will, that no longer believe that the First Amendment is sacrosanct. They actually believe that the government should make laws, restricting, a priori, some types of speech.

This, "critical theory," is being engineered and taught to the next generations.

Can we in good conscious really believe that classical liberalism won't die when some authoritarian minded fool like Trump or Obama occupies the white house, when these generations are the major portions of society influencing the law making of our culture?

Of course we can believe it won't die. I know right wing radio has been saying the whole country is going to hell for a long time, but it's really not so. Relax. Nobody is going to control what you can and can't say. They might hold some people responsible for obvious hurtful lies though. Nobody is going to take your guns. Nobody is going to make you get gay married. Education is not indoctrination. It's not as bad as you have heard. Everything will eventually work out fine.
There is a constant battle for freedom how is it bad for conservatives to want to fight for what they feel is a necessity in life.

What is bill 16?

I'll worry about that just as soon as I move to Canada. Until then, you're just funny.
Guess you believe the US is immune to this and something similar will never be threatened here?

But here is the problem.

There is a constant battle for freedom how is it bad for conservatives to want to fight for what they feel is a necessity in life.

No worse than liberals fighting for what we feel is necessary in life.

Guess you believe the US is immune to this and something similar will never be threatened here?

Who knows. Some goof might try it, and at that point I'll find out if it's as terrible as you claim, or if you are just another exaggerating right winger.

But here is the problem.

You aim to take away human rights and freedoms. What exactly are you fighting for that important enough to crush human freedom?

Who knows. Some goof might try it, and at that point I'll find out if it's as terrible as you claim, or if you are just another exaggerating right winger.
In this case I hope your right.

I'm always right. If you don't believe it, just ask me.

But here is the problem.

You aim to take away human rights and freedoms. What exactly are you fighting for that important enough to crush human freedom?
Whom are you referring?

lets test it Dr.Pepper or Coke?

lets test it Dr.Pepper or Coke?

Depends. Are you mixing it with rum or vodka?

New Topics

Forum List

Back