question : Is Trump a Stooge? If he is legit, how do you feel about him?

Trump is a legitimate candidate. If he is, how do you feel about him?

• Total voters
Let's look at this rationally - if that's possible.

Trump vs Hillary won't happen as the FBI will force a showdown with a Grand Jury on her activities while Secretary of State.

Bernie might be the Democrat candidate but his base isn't big enough to gain the White House.

Trump's REAL adversary is the GOP Establishment who are more scared of him than the Democrats. His election to signal massive changes in the Republican infrastructure.

And The Donald is destroying the pundits who cannot find a slot to put him into.

He will win with a massive turnout of first-time voters and those dissatisfied with the status quo. Probably equal to Reagan's win.
You think Donald Trump will become the next President and win the vast majority? Is he the one that makes his present wife jealous of her successor ahead of time? :rolleyes:

Hey you. :smiliehug:

Didn't you get yer original account back? Because, don't take this the wrong way but --- you ain't no "rookie".
Emoticons_in_Love_by_PedroPinguim.gif

Trump can say some stupid shit, but I think people overlook that many things Trump says are what people want to say, but can't. So there is a "finally somebody said it" effect happening so while it pisses some people off, others gain respect for him because he has the balls to say what a lot of people are thinking but can't say for fear of retaliation by the overly-sensitive, politically correct environment in society today.

That explains the "polls" at present (and I put "polls" in quotes because there is no imminent election for them to refer to) --- it's the one avenue the common people have to express a mass opinion, much like that petition to have him banned from the UK serves the same purpose there.

But that's in essence an opinion poll on rhetoric, certainly not a vote on actual candidacy, let alone an election. When that time comes, the decisions will be very differently based, as then (next year) it will no longer be about whether one echoes the emotion of the rhetoric but about actually hiring for the job. And that's a very different process.

Perhaps, but nothing is going to change for Hillary in the next year. She's corrupt and even most Democrats will admit that. It's not like she is going to become squeaky clean in the next year and start gaining people's trust. I really don't think opinions are going to change much. I don't see anything happening in the next year that will make people start to have faith in government or career politicians. People want something different

Why do so many wags keep defaulting to "Hillary" as if it's a fait accompli? What kind of thinking is that?

There are no faits accompli, and that certainly includes Rump. Conventions aren't until 2016, and not even the primaries have started yet.

Yes polling is a snapshot of a race and a lot of things can change, but she is so far ahead of Sanders for the nomination something really significant would have to happen for her not to get it. Like federal charges being brought against her or something like that. I think the DNC is kind of in the same boat with Hillary as the GOP is with Trump. I really don't think the Democrats wants Hillary to get the nomination because she is terribly vulnerable. All her scandals, she is polarizing, people don't really like her personally, they don't trust her, and let's be honest....there is a lot of gender bias out there and a lot of people who simply won't vote for a woman.

Eh -- I don't know about that. Same has been said about people not voting for a black man, and certainly some didn't and still won't, but clearly there were enough.

What gives you the idea that sexism is more exclusive than racism?

When i was teaching I did extensive research on biases. In fact it was my initial idea for my master's thesis. I was interested in knowing how I could best relate to my students and maximize their learning. So I engaged in several years of research on what biases exist in a classroom environment and how biases affect interactions in general. What I found was quite surprising. Generally speaking, gender and age bias in modern society are far more prevalent than racial bias. In fact, racial bias tends to act more as a multiplier. In other words if a person doesn't like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY dislike them and when they like a person of a different race they tend to REALLY like them.

The rules for men and women are very different. As a quick example, when men use sarcasm it is usually received positively. They are seen as fun loving, witty, etc. When a woman uses sarcasm it is usually received negatively. She is seen as a bitch, plain and simple. For a student to think that a man cares about their success all a man has to do is verbalize it. Just say "I really care about your success". But a woman has to take a step further and do something to demonstrate it. She has to help with a problem or take some sort of action.

Now I am not saying this is "right" or "fair". But that's just what the research bears out. In a very broad sense, what a student wants in a teacher are the same things voters want in a leader. They want someone who cares about their success. They want someone who is qualified and experienced in their field. They want someone who motivates them and gets them excited. They want someone fun who makes them laugh. They want someone who tells it to them straight and doesn't bullshit them. They want someone they can trust and someone they like and respect.

But here's the thing. I discovered in my research that those things are usually assumed for men and not assumed for women. In other words, those qualities are usually given to men to begin with and all men have to do is not blow it. But women have to develop them and earn them.

Is it fair? Hell no. Is it right? Nope. But that's the way it is. Now lastly, what I found most interesting is that it is not men who are the biggest offenders when it comes to discriminating against women. It's other women. That blew me away. Women, on average, are far more biased against other women than men are against women. For whatever reason, women trust other women less than men trust women. So that creates a big difference between Obama and his race. Black America voted for Obama en masse because he was black, or at least to some degree. But because women tend to be more biased against other women it suggests that you won't see as many women voting for Hillary simply because she is a woman. In fact, my research suggests that the opposite might happen.

As I have said before I think this whole run is more about Trumps ego than anything else. if by some miracle of miracles he was elected President I don't think he would have the slightest idea what to do after he was sworn in.

As I have said before I think this whole run is more about Trumps ego than anything else. if by some miracle of miracles he was elected President I don't think he would have the slightest idea what to do after he was sworn in.

Oh I disagree. I think he will go for it. The United States just became his corporation and he will run it as such. And Congress will do exactly what he says because a Trump presidency will terrify the living shit out of them. Why? Because a Trump presidency represents a rebellion against the political establishment. A Trump presidency is America telling both the RNC and DNC "fuck you both, we have had enough of your bullshit". That will terrify both parties to death

This is where I totally disagree with you. The moment he gains the GOP nomination he will contact and gather around him a cadre of experts who will guide him through to the General Election - just as any good manager would. Then, when the election results come in, he would start putting together a Cabinet to be vetted BEFORE he takes the oath of office so he will hit the ground running.

I also expect him to have serious talks with Congressional leaders ahead of time.

It's why so many think of supporting him.

We need someone with big juevos to confront some of the scum of this world - domestic and foreign.

Forum List

Back