Question: How Can "The Do Nothing Republicans" Be Destroying The Economy ?

when Bush was in Office, I never had a problem finding work and gas was reasonable till about mid 2006. Bush didn't cause the housing collapse,,it was the low income people who borrowed 250,000 to buy a home that was actually worth about 100,000. Thanks alot Barney Frank!

People who claim what you just said are either stupid or dishonest.

I almost don't even know where to begin.

Add up all the poor people who got mortgages through Freddy & Fanny. First of all, why did they all lose their jobs? Because Bush sent their jobs overseas. Democrats and liberals said not to do that but the GOP insisted. So that decision is responsible for all those foreclosures, not Freddy or fanny.

Freddy & Fanny were in place for years and nothing bad happened. But then the GOP took over and they deregulated the mortgage industry. That led to overpriced homes and predatory lending. The mortgage giants didn't need freddy and fanny to tell them to give any loans out. They were free to give any loans they wanted and they gave them to anybody/everybody. Then they sold off those toxic assets knowing they would end up being bad.

But you stupid ignorant uninformed Americans keep saying it was freddy fanny. Makes you seem like a retarded ignorant fuck but that's your choice.

Things are getting a little better but there is still much to do. Like eliminating tax breaks for companies that sent their operations overseas.

We tried to get this done but the GOP held it up. They don't seem to care about bringing jobs back home. They don't understand how to fix the economy.

Would you like to compare the number of Senate Bills dead in the House to the number of House Bills shot down in the Senate?
:eusa_eh:

I don't give a fuck about that. I would need to know the specifics of each bill in ordr to comment.

Do you think the Dems or Obama are going to go along with anything the GOP passes? What, more tax breaks for the rich? More spending cuts? But no give from the GOP? Forget it. That's what the veto pen is for.

We're not going along with the tea bag agenda. Actually, they have got a lot of their cuts passed through the debt ceiling bill. And with signing statements. They've been slipping in their radical agenda to necessary legislation.

I've been furious with how much the Democrats have given in to the GOP and how little the GOP has compromised on raising revenue or closing loopholes.

Then back up what I bolded in both of your quotes.
You can't have it both ways, Sealshit.

Either the economy is in the shitter because of the Reps or it's improving because of the Reps

You mean like when Bahnee Fwank told us that Fannie and Freddie were in good shape??

:eusa_hand:

Republicans blaming Frannie & Freddie for what happened are the biggest fools. That's like walking out of the movie titanic before the iceberg scene because it was boring and saying that you can just imagine how the story ended.

There is so much of the story you are missing.

And maybe Freddy and Fanny shouldn't have been privatized/deregulated. Ever consider that was the mistake made with Freddy & Fanny? Passing on what they knew would be bad loans and only keeping the good ones? Predatory lending? Countrywide??? And no one was even prosecuted??? Croney Capitalism. And the rich got rich in the process. They ripped you off and you don't even know they did it to you. You think Carter/Clinton/Pelosi/Obama did it. Anyone but the real culprits. Wake up brainwashed boy.
Ssooooo.....that's a yes, then.
:lol:

Its frustrating not knowing if you guys are stupid or liars.

Would you like to compare the number of Senate Bills dead in the House to the number of House Bills shot down in the Senate?

I don't give a fuck about that. I would need to know the specifics of each bill in ordr to comment.

Do you think the Dems or Obama are going to go along with anything the GOP passes? What, more tax breaks for the rich? More spending cuts? But no give from the GOP? Forget it. That's what the veto pen is for.

We're not going along with the tea bag agenda. Actually, they have got a lot of their cuts passed through the debt ceiling bill. And with signing statements. They've been slipping in their radical agenda to necessary legislation.

I've been furious with how much the Democrats have given in to the GOP and how little the GOP has compromised on raising revenue or closing loopholes.

Either the economy is in the shitter because of the Reps or it's improving because of the Reps

Only a brainwashed simpleton would suggest these are my only choices.

Well, if the economy is improving, the only recent change has been the (R)s taking over the House.
Or they're a "do nothing Congress".

It's blame the (R)s but take the credit.

:eusa_whistle:

got it

I am still amazed that the average home in my town was around $450,000.(2005/06} Why would anyone pay nearly 1/2 a million for a home is insane. The only homes worth 400-500K here are near the beach and in country clubs. now all those homes in Naples that sold for around 400K are worth 150-200K.

The cuts the GOP made only slowed down the economic recovery. So instead of us adding 300,000 jobs in a month, we added 200,000 private jobs and the GOP cuts caused 100,000 layoffs.

GOP policies sent $35 hr jobs overseas and they are coming back at $10 hr. Mission accomplished if you are in the GOP.

And none of their cuts went to the debt or deficit. They gave those tax breaks to corporations. And now they are just hoping it will trickle down on the rest of us.

So you can't back up the sentences I have bolded.

:eusa_hand:

Well, if the economy is improving, the only recent change has been the (R)s taking over the House.
Or they're a "do nothing Congress".

It's blame the (R)s but take the credit.

:eusa_whistle:

got it

Give you an example of how the GOP only play a small role in the improving economy. They gutted social programs and gave all the savings to corporations who finance their campaigns with NO STRING ATTACHED. So the corporations are just sitting on the money or giving it to their ceo's. This is by design. The GOP don't care about fixing the economy or the workers. That would help Obama win a second term. This is their only concern. That and taking care of their rich supporters. And they are doing great by the way. No one gives Obama credit for their success. Why?

Anyways, now lets compare the GOP's failed policy with what Obama came up with.

The U.S. Senate has joined the House of Representatives in passing a $150 billion package extending the employee payroll-tax cut, federal unemployment benefits, and the Medicare “doc fix” for the rest of the year. The bill passed the Senate 60-36 and the House 293-132.

Passage is seen as a victory for congressional Democrats, as Republicans are considered to have bowed to political pressure

This bill actually will create jobs. And Republicans only went along reluctantly.

You want to give them credit for going along with Obama's idea? Sure.

Maxinne the 1/2 Man 1/2 Oxen Congresswoman accusing Republicans of causing the current economic crisis would be the equivalent of Bush blaming the Do Nothing Democrats of the massive/expensive wasted effort of the Invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Maxinne the 1/2 Man 1/2 Oxen Congresswoman accusing Republicans of causing the current economic crisis would be the equivalent of Bush blaming the Do Nothing Democrats of the massive/expensive wasted effort of the Invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Why? Because like the Republicans we believed Bush's lies about WMD's too?

And except for a brief year in 2001 when Thomas Daschle a Democrat was Senate majority leader and had a very slim majority, except for that one year, the GOP controlled the Senate and House between 2000 and 2006.

The 107th Congress began in January of that year with a Senate split between Democrats and Republicans at 50-50. With Vice President Dick Cheney's tie-breaking vote, the Republicans were able to organize the Senate, thus retaining their majority and re-elected Trent Lott of Mississippi as Majority Leader.

However, on May 24, 2001, Senator Jim Jeffords of Vermont announced that he was leaving the Republican Party and would caucus with the Democrats as an independent, thus giving the Democrats a 51-49 organizing majority. So, under historic circumstances on June 6, 2001, Democrat Thomas Daschle of South Dakota became Majority Leader.

The Democrat, however, suffered a setback in the 2002 mid-term elections. The Republicans would hold 51 Senate seats and so it seemed that Trent Lott would once again become Majority Leader.

Lott finally announced on December 20, 2002, that he would resign as Senate Republican Leader with the start of the new 108th Congress.

Frist quickly consolidated support among his colleagues and was elected as Senate Republican Leader in a telephone conference call on December 23, 2002. Frist then became Majority Leader when control of the Senate shifted to the Republicans once the 108th Congress convened in January 2003.

From 1995-2007 Newt and Dennis Hastert were the speakers of the House both Republicans.

Our economy would of been so much better if we didnt Bomb Iraq and instead found an alternative way to topple Sadam,,,it wasnt worth killing innocent Iraqians and American Soldiers.

the economy seems to be improving here in florida and I am guessing the southeast region, some of the crucial swing states will likely not see any real improvement this year. Many businesses are headed this way (leaving the rust belt). I just dont see how Obama will take Ohio/Penn/and Florida this time around.

Then, on the other hand, you hear the Dem-bulbs bragging about how the economy has improved--"30 months of growth" is just one example I just finished reading.

So which is it????

Things are getting a little better but there is still much to do. Like eliminating tax breaks for companies that sent their operations overseas.

We tried to get this done but the GOP held it up. They don't seem to care about bringing jobs back home. They don't understand how to fix the economy.

Yes, I would. You have any actual data on this?

The cuts the GOP made only slowed down the economic recovery. So instead of us adding 300,000 jobs in a month, we added 200,000 private jobs and the GOP cuts caused 100,000 layoffs.

GOP policies sent $35 hr jobs overseas and they are coming back at $10 hr. Mission accomplished if you are in the GOP.

And none of their cuts went to the debt or deficit. They gave those tax breaks to corporations. And now they are just hoping it will trickle down on the rest of us.
Care to actually back that statement up? Let me give you a hint: it is not republican policies that are causing our off shoring problems...

Yes, I would. You have any actual data on this?

At one point I found somewhere around 75 bills that had been passed by the House but rejected by the Senate.

A cursory search this morning on "Senate bills rejected by House" only brings up the Payroll tax cut.

(I haven't had my coffee, yet, so.......)
:cool:

Forum List

Back