The powers that be as well as most of us are stuck in partisan mode...what now?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We, as well as our elected leaders, can argue till the moon finally leaves our orbit. Unfortunately we don't have that kind of time.

I had hoped that the Tea Party uprising would inspire critical thinking but as recent votes have shown it hasn't accomplished squat. We have an unfunded "tax holiday" that does nothing but rob the social security system for the sake of political expediency. The system is broken and all we've done is throw another spoke into the wheel.
I mention this, not to divide, but to show the disfunctionality of our elected leaders. The bipartisan opposition to this bill proves some are aware of the danger, alas they are the minority. So everyone gets an extra 40 bucks in their paychecks today only to fond their retirement 40 years from now nonexistent.

That's just an example. Imagine that shortsightedness 100 fold and you get an idea of how our current leaders are functioning.

When does it end? When do we wake up? When does DC realize America doesn't give a fuck about left or right but rather the stability of their lives and the lives of their children?

Our system has become so corrupted by money. And I'm not talking about just big corporate money but rather all of it. What can we do? What will it take?

What can we do? What will it take?

For everyone to be patient.

This is a problem decades in the making and will take decades to solve.

This can be addressed only at the very local level, it can’t be ‘fixed’ top-down by inane term limits or amendments.

It cannot be changed at this point, we are shit out of luck. The TARP bailouts with no conditions proved that the oligarchy is in total power and will never willingly let it go, I suppose we could suck up to them more but I would rather fight them even though it is practically futile. It's going to take about ten more years to get everyone pissed at the right people but by then it will be too late to reclaim what was stolen, it's probably too late already.

• Banned
What can we do? What will it take?

For everyone to be patient.

This is a problem decades in the making and will take decades to solve.

This can be addressed only at the very local level, it can’t be ‘fixed’ top-down by inane term limits or amendments.

Thanks for reading the op. I have to partially disagree though. Like them or not the Tea Party was a bottom up organized effort. It's fizzled and wilted on the vine. Local leadership only carries so much weight. Beyond that we need a few brave transformational figures that will be brave enough to be honest with the people and lead us.

Too many people act like this debt and division is no big deal. No one with any gumption will stand up and correct the record. Those that do are summarily executed by the powers that be.

Obama had a chance, the perfect opportunity, and he squandered it for politics.

• Banned
It cannot be changed at this point, we are shit out of luck. The TARP bailouts with no conditions proved that the oligarchy is in total power and will never willingly let it go, I suppose we could suck up to them more but I would rather fight them even though it is practically futile. It's going to take about ten more years to get everyone pissed at the right people but by then it will be too late to reclaim what was stolen, it's probably too late already.

Agreed.

• Banned
Screw partisan mode. Speak the truth. That's all that matters.

Ummm, that was kinda my point. I know you strive for being straight forward and all but you are who again? And me?

No one, that's who. We need leadership with this mindset. Thus my thread and disgust.

>>> still waiting for the State Of The Union, not the State Of The Union of Iraq {what kind of State of The Union Address opens up with how Iraq Is Doing}? was Obama high on something when he talked about Iraq? We know the State Of The Country is in dire straights when our own President wouldnt tell us a few weeks ago? What is a state of the union address without speaking of the debt/deficits and unemployment?

Ummm, that was kinda my point. I know you strive for being straight forward and all but you are who again? And me?

No one, that's who. We need leadership with this mindset. Thus my thread and disgust.

Then be the leadership we need. If no one else steps up to do what's right, it's our duty to do so ourselves.

Then be the leadership we need. If no one else steps up to do what's right, it's our duty to do so ourselves.

I wish I could. I nearly destroyed my life with my mistakes at a young age. I'm no leader outside of my small world. We need inspirational figures, like Obama pretended to be but real ones.

I don't see any, do you?

I supported people from Ralph Nader to Ron Paul. I could hardly be called partisan, but you people are stuck in the two party mode.

The Pubs have brainwashed the dupes so well they're going to nominate a rat faced nut/crook, so it looks like we'll get out of this Pub depression, and not start another cycle...

I wish I could. I nearly destroyed my life with my mistakes at a young age. I'm no leader outside of my small world. We need inspirational figures, like Obama pretended to be but real ones.

I don't see any, do you?

Leaders and especially heroes often fail, what is needed is a collective idea that cannot be assassinated, subjugated or discredited. Take note of increasing populism in the coming years and the increasingly violent official response to it.

The Pubs have brainwashed the dupes so well they're going to nominate a rat faced nut/crook, so it looks like we'll get out of this Pub depression, and not start another cycle...

As usual I need to shoot myself for clicking the "view post" button.

Some of you just never EVER moderate.

I think it's going to take one whopper of a depression, as bad or worse than the 1930s. We need an attitude adjustment, brought on by major changes in the standard of living. If it ain't bad enough, nothing substantial will change. As to when, who the hell knows.

I think it's going to take one whopper of a depression, as bad or worse than the 1930s. We need an attitude adjustment, brought on by major changes in the standard of living. If it ain't bad enough, nothing substantial will change. As to when, who the hell knows.

I really hope you're wrong but I suspect you're not. People like me, who are surviving this mess being self employed will not be so lucky under your scenario.

ooh....I like musical games....and want to play.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g&feature=related]Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back