Question for white folks about Obama and black folks

I see a lot of withe saying that black folks voted for Obama because he is black. You say that nothing matters to blacks but the color of his skin. In reality Obama got only a fraction more of the black vote as any other Democratic candidate since 64 when LBJ got 94%. Blacks have strongly supported Dems since then so why do you think that it is now all of a sudden about skin color and not party? Also do you think that a Black GOP candidate would get a higher percentage of black votes against a white Democrat?

Blacks have historically voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic candidate... so, no, I don't think they voted for Obama because he was black, per say... however, I suspect that they may have turned out in greater numbers for Obama... adding a few percentage points to the overall total of black folks voting for the Democratic candidate...

in that same vein, I suspect that if the GOP candidate happened to be black, the overall percentage of blacks voting for the GOP candidate would increase by only a few percentage points...

Last edited:
Why is it that so many focus on skin color?
When we say "white" we are really referring to Caucasians.

When we say "black" we are referring to a subset of people with dark skin, known as Negroes.
Not all "blacks" are Negroes, and not all Negroes are black.

Must we be forever dumbing-down?

The Libtards argument is that because the Democrats own Afros, that you can't make a case that they voted for Obama because he's the color of shit. However, the argument fails because Afro candidates, not white Democrats, get the Afro vote in Democrat vs. Democrat races.

For example, Alvin Greene, in spite of facing criminal charges, being retarded, and having no money to campaign with, beat Democrat challenger Vic Rawl, a respected and experienced politician, but white.

Afros prove every day that they're just racist animals. That's their choice, not mine.

Let's put it this way, if Obama wasn't black or half-black, do you think he would of been nominated and elected?

If Obama was white, his name would be John Edwards. This man was elected soley because of the color of his skin, certainly not on his accomplishments (because he had none).

You are partially right though, blacks do vote in droves for Dems anyway, the Democrats have them hooked on the ultimate social drug - welfare. But there is no doubt that they had much higher voter turn out because of Obama being "black".

Well said Hawk!:eusa_whistle:

The Libtards argument is that because the Democrats own Afros, that you can't make a case that they voted for Obama because he's the color of shit. However, the argument fails because Afro candidates, not white Democrats, get the Afro vote in Democrat vs. Democrat races.

For example, Alvin Greene, in spite of facing criminal charges, being retarded, and having no money to campaign with, beat Democrat challenger Vic Rawl, a respected and experienced politician, but white.

Afros prove every day that they're just racist animals. That's their choice, not mine.

and Ariux proves with every post that he's a racist animal... that's his choice, not anyone else's...

Why do liberals hate conservative blacks so much? Why do liberals, both black and white still call Codoleeza Rice Aunt Jemima?

Blacks have historically voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic candidate... ...

Well, not 'historically'...

'k... how 'bout "For the last couple of generations, blacks have voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic candidate"...

better...? :)

This begs the question: What is the difference between a Democratic and a Republican candidate's position(s), from the perspective of the average taxpayer?

Why do liberals hate conservative blacks so much? Why do liberals, both black and white still call Codoleeza Rice Aunt Jemima?

That's a silly generalization. I don't hate "conservative Blacks", I think that Tony Brown is an excellent example of a conservative Black person. I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Condoleeza Rice and her achievements. I'm not the only "one"

NAACP Image Awards 2012: Full list of winners
Outstanding Literary Work - Biography/Auto-Biography
"A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama's Mother" - Janny Scott
"Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention" - Manning Marable
"My Song" - Harry Belafonte - Winner
"No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington" - Condoleezza Rice
"The John Carlos Story" - John Carlos, Dave Zirin

Rice has defended herself from such criticism on several occasions. During a September 14, 2005 interview, she said, "Why would I worry about something like that? ... The fact of the matter is I've been black all my life. Nobody needs to tell me how to be black."[122]

Notable black commentators have defended Rice, including Mike Espy,[123] Andrew Young, C. Delores Tucker (chair of the National Congress of Black Women),[124] Clarence Page,[125] Colbert King,[126] Dorothy Height (chair and president emerita of the National Council of Negro Women)[126] and Kweisi Mfume (former Congressman and former CEO of the NAACP).

https://www.google.com/search?q=condoleeza+Rice+naacp+award

Many "Liberals" and some or many Black people don't like the Black hucksters who call themselves "conservatives" so they can be the whore talking piece for the bigoted White "conservatives" and say some dumb shit like this:

"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working," Peterson told The Huffington Post's Black Voices on Tuesday afternoon. "I'm going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work."

Cain, the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza and a Republican presidential candidate, on Wednesday told CNN that black voters have been “brainwashed into not being open-minded, not even considering a conservative point of view.” (Yeah pig cain, they should side with the fucking bigots who hate them, ASSHOLE).
Read more: Jesse Jackson: 'Plantation' comments insult black voters - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

[URL="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61627.html"]Here's cocksucker uncle tom alan west:"“The people on that plantation are upset because they’ve been disregarded, disrespected and their concerns are not cared about,”" Some black leaders are “are nothing more than overseers over that plantation,”

(Maybe west should go back to blowjobbing and riding with that MC that he can't join because of his race)[/URL]

These guys and that asshole Sowell are the "Black conservatives" you guys rally around because they can serve as your proxies, so you can say; "see they (those black guys) said it, not me".

That's a silly generalization. I don't hate "conservative Blacks", I think that Tony Brown is an excellent example of a conservative Black person. I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Condoleeza Rice and her achievements. I'm not the only "one"

Rice has defended herself from such criticism on several occasions. During a September 14, 2005 interview, she said, "Why would I worry about something like that? ... The fact of the matter is I've been black all my life. Nobody needs to tell me how to be black."[122]

Notable black commentators have defended Rice, including Mike Espy,[123] Andrew Young, C. Delores Tucker (chair of the National Congress of Black Women),[124] Clarence Page,[125] Colbert King,[126] Dorothy Height (chair and president emerita of the National Council of Negro Women)[126] and Kweisi Mfume (former Congressman and former CEO of the NAACP).

Many "Liberals" and some or many Black people don't like the Black hucksters who call themselves "conservatives" so they can be the whore talking piece for the bigoted White "conservatives" and say some dumb shit like this:

"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working," Peterson told The Huffington Post's Black Voices on Tuesday afternoon. "I'm going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work."

Cain, the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza and a Republican presidential candidate, on Wednesday told CNN that black voters have been “brainwashed into not being open-minded, not even considering a conservative point of view.” (Yeah pig cain, they should side with the fucking bigots who hate them, ASSHOLE).
Read more: Jesse Jackson: 'Plantation' comments insult black voters - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

[URL="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61627.html"]Here's cocksucker uncle tom alan west:"“The people on that plantation are upset because they’ve been disregarded, disrespected and their concerns are not cared about,”" Some black leaders are “are nothing more than overseers over that plantation,”

(Maybe west should go back to blowjobbing and riding with that MC that he can't join because of his race)[/URL]

These guys and that asshole Sowell are the "Black conservatives" you guys rally around because they can serve as your proxies, so you can say; "see they (those black guys) said it, not me".

PO, dear buddy ol' paL... this out-of-hand calling Sowell an asshole only diminishes the effectiveness of your argument... I 'spect there's much you could agree with in his writings if only you bothered to read them... albeit with an open mind...

PO, dear buddy ol' paL... this out-of-hand calling Sowell an asshole only diminishes the effectiveness of your argument... I 'spect there's much you could agree with in his writings if only you bothered to read them... albeit with an open mind...

We can agree to disagree, sowell is an ASSHOLE, JUST READ HIS WRITINGS,

I've been reading Sowell's writings for decades...

if you've also been honestly reading his stuff to reach your conclusion, than, yeah, we just have to agree to disagree...

but I find it hard to believe that you've actually been reading his stuff...

if you've also been honestly reading his stuff to reach your conclusion, than, yeah, we just have to agree to disagree...

Have you read his writings regarding Jim Crow?

yes...

but of course it goes against conventional wisdom....

so I can understand why you might have a problem with it...

yes...

No, it goes against REALITY. I guess in his effort to candy coat Jim Crow, he forgot about the Black Codes:
Segregation

As one historian has noted, "Racial segregation was hardly a new phenomenon. Before the Civil War, when slavery had fixed the status of most blacks, no need was felt for statutory measures segregating the races. The restrictive Black Codes, along with the few segregation laws passed by the first postwar governments, did not survive Reconstruction," Leon F. Litwack wrote [p. 229] in Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow, the sequel to his Pulitzer Prize-winning history Been in the Storm So Long: The Aftermath of Slavery.

Re-establishment of white supremacy meant that within a decade white people forgot that blacks were creating thriving middle classes in many states of the South. African Americans' lack of representation meant that they were treated as second-class citizens, with schools and services consistently underfunded in segregated societies, no representation on juries or in law enforcement, and bias in other legislation. It was not until the Civil Rights Movement and the passage of Federal legislation that African Americans regained their suffrage and civil rights in the South, under what is sometimes referred to as the "Second Reconstruction."

yes...

No, it goes against REALITY. I guess in his effort to candy coat Jim Crow, he forgot about the Black Codes:
Segregation

As one historian has noted, "Racial segregation was hardly a new phenomenon. Before the Civil War, when slavery had fixed the status of most blacks, no need was felt for statutory measures segregating the races. The restrictive Black Codes, along with the few segregation laws passed by the first postwar governments, did not survive Reconstruction," Leon F. Litwack wrote [p. 229] in Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow, the sequel to his Pulitzer Prize-winning history Been in the Storm So Long: The Aftermath of Slavery.

Re-establishment of white supremacy meant that within a decade white people forgot that blacks were creating thriving middle classes in many states of the South. African Americans' lack of representation meant that they were treated as second-class citizens, with schools and services consistently underfunded in segregated societies, no representation on juries or in law enforcement, and bias in other legislation. It was not until the Civil Rights Movement and the passage of Federal legislation that African Americans regained their suffrage and civil rights in the South, under what is sometimes referred to as the "Second Reconstruction."

Why don't you quote what Sowell actually said regarding Jim Crow, PO...

Forum List

Back