Question for those among us who are Black

See OP

• Total voters
I dont think one black member of this board has posted in this thread, am I wrong?

You suppose a lot for someone not inside my head. Perhaos your own prejudices are sneaking in to your posts...?

Even if it meant the very real chance that they, if they existed at all, would have virtually none of the things they have today?
Really?

Hm.. What did you say my intent here was?
"even if it meant"
Yes, "even if it meant" that.
Why do you assume otherwise?
If you had to choose between your luxuries and the torture and mastery of other human beiongs, you'd choose your luxuries?
That's pretty much the effective question. Very good.
See - and you thought it was all about thanking the white man for slavery. Silly you.

No, and anyone who would is sick.
That's what make asking the question asinine to begin with.
No, that's why you don't --like-- the question -- deep down you believe that the -majority- of blacks would likely refuse to give up what they have so that slavery never existed, and so, by your standard, are 'sick'.
Nothing asinine about it.

No, asking the question means that YOU assume that people would even answer that way, not me..........see because me, thinking it's sick that anyone WOULD answer that way, automatically will think the question is pointless BECAUSE of that.

The problem I have with the question is that it's fucking dumb to me because in my mind there aren't a "majority" of people I'd call "sick" out there, and I truly feel you're "sick" if you'd keep slavery to save luxuries. It's fucking dumb.

Another racist..."you should be thankful for slavery" thread

Hell no ! It's fun to pretend but the real 1600's would be hell to a modern day person.

I dont think it means you have to stay and live in the 1600's. lol. I think it just means if you could, would you erase slavery.

"even if it meant"
Yes, "even if it meant" that.
Why do you assume otherwise?
If you had to choose between your luxuries and the torture and mastery of other human beiongs, you'd choose your luxuries?
See - and you thought it was all about thanking the white man for slavery. Silly you.

No, and anyone who would is sick.
That's what make asking the question asinine to begin with.
No, that's why you don't --like-- the question -- deep down you believe that the -majority- of blacks would likely refuse to give up what they have so that slavery never existed, and so, by your standard, are 'sick'.
No, asking the question means that YOU assume that people would even answer that way, not me
Askling the question assumes nothing.
This will be true no matter how many times you speak the opposite.

see because me, thinking it's sick that anyone WOULD answer that way, automatically will think the question is pointless BECAUSE of that.
See, that doesn't matter - it doent mean the question is pointless, it means that there is the very real possibility that there are a lot of sick black people.

Why do you assume that there are -not- a lot of sick black people?
That is, why do you think that the majority of black people share your particular values?
Consider in your answer that the majority of black people likely do not share your education, upbringing, background, etc.

And really - doesn't your inability to fathom the idea that a large numbe rof people might not see things the same way you do only denote a deficiency on your part?

Yes, because it's wrong.

Do your own fucking dirty work or pay someone (operative word "pay") to do it for you.

I have a question for blacks only

Would you have preferred to come to America as slaves or come as free men like everyone else?

And you think slavery is only a black and western hemisphere thing? :lol:

How about ask the question: Would you (being black) go back in time and not go into the bush, catch your enemies tribes peoples and sell them to the whites.

And if anyone says that they would not try and stop it as per your question.... is crazy.

Don't really see what selling your enemies has to do with it. That's how slavery worked from time immemorial. It's western slavery that changed things by making your race a reason. In the past you could become a slave by war, criminality or debt. To put the notion of race into the reasons why other Africans would capture and sell to whites, is to inject an ethic that wasn't part of the equation at the time, but a peculiarity of American slavery.

Lets see... putting the notion of race into it slavery.

i suggest you look at the title of the thread.

Slavery is not just a black thing. Nor is it just a western hemisphere thing.

The op is asking if you would try and stop/eliminate (black) slavery if you could go back in time.

If you want to eliminate black slavery back then... then you have to eliminate the ones who went into the bush to capture black people.... and that was other black people.

I did not put the notion of black into anything....

Yes, you did by implying that there should have been some racial solidarity that prevented blacks from selling other blacks. They were doing what always had been done, what changed was that merely being black became a reason for servitude in America. That was something new and something we're still recovering from. So, what needs to be considered is not the slavery alone, but also the demeaning of an entire race, the effects of which extend to the present day.

No, asking the question means that YOU assume that people would even answer that way, not me
Askling the question assumes nothing.
This will be true no matter how many times you speak the opposite.

see because me, thinking it's sick that anyone WOULD answer that way, automatically will think the question is pointless BECAUSE of that.
See, that doesn't matter - it doent mean the question is pointless, it means that there is the very real possibility that there are a lot of sick black people.

Why do you assume that there are -not- a lot of sick black people?

Because I go outside.

That is, why do you think that the majority of black people share your particular values?
Consider in your answer that the majority of black people likely do not share your education, upbringing, background, etc.

Because despite your rhetoric here, the value we're talking about is Humanity, not some obscure value that changes from one good person to the next.

And really - doesn't your inability to fathom the idea that a large numbe rof people might not see things the same way you do only denote a deficiency on your part?

No, your inability to fathom the idea that asking black people would they change slavery if it meant losing their luxury, assumes that some would say "No, I wouldn't change it" or else, if you don't assume that some would say that, your question is pointless and fucking stupid. And by assuming some wouldn't change slavery, you also assume that they dont really know much about how badly slavery has effected their race and culture. You obviously don't seem to know, by even asking this retarded question.

My answers bolded and underline above.

Yes, because it's wrong.
Are you black?
If so, do you understand that if you were able to do as you say, there is almost every chance that you would not have any of the thngs you have now, and would just as likely live in a very very different place?

Are you dense?

Under what circumstance would YOU PERSONALLY allow for people to be enslaved, even if you had the power to stop it? <--- how about you answer that, straight up.

Don't really see what selling your enemies has to do with it. That's how slavery worked from time immemorial. It's western slavery that changed things by making your race a reason. In the past you could become a slave by war, criminality or debt. To put the notion of race into the reasons why other Africans would capture and sell to whites, is to inject an ethic that wasn't part of the equation at the time, but a peculiarity of American slavery.

Lets see... putting the notion of race into it slavery.

i suggest you look at the title of the thread.

Slavery is not just a black thing. Nor is it just a western hemisphere thing.

The op is asking if you would try and stop/eliminate (black) slavery if you could go back in time.

If you want to eliminate black slavery back then... then you have to eliminate the ones who went into the bush to capture black people.... and that was other black people.

I did not put the notion of black into anything....

Yes, you did by implying that there should have been some racial solidarity that prevented blacks from selling other blacks. They were doing what always had been done, what changed was that merely being black became a reason for servitude in America. That was something new and something we're still recovering from. So, what needs to be considered is not the slavery alone, but also the demeaning of an entire race, the effects of which extend to the present day.

Oh get over yourself.

The slavers bought slaves... they didn't care what color they were. Again.... WHO caught sold them as slaves in the first place?

If you want to go back in time and stop slavery.... then the Africans themselves are the root cause of it. They had no issues with capturing other tribes people as slaves.. or to be sold as slaves.

My answers bolded and underline above.
So, you have no real, supportable respone to my questions, just suppositins based on your limited perceptions.
Very well then.

No, your inability to fathom the idea that asking black people would they change slavery if it meant losing their luxury, assumes that some would say "No, I wouldn't change it" or else...
Again, it makes no assumption, as no assumption is necessary to ask the question.
HOWever.. I guarantee that some -would- say "No, I wouldn't change it"
Not sure why you would think otherwise, unless you assume that every black person shares your values and beliefs.

If you don't assume that some would say that, your question is pointless and fucking stupid.
The question leaves open the possibility that every single black would answer as you suppose, and as such, assumes nothing. Your objection is, again, unfounded.

And by assuming some wouldn't change slavery, you also assume that they dont really know much about how badly slavery has effected their race and culture.
This is absurd beyind description.

Forum List

Back