Question for Paul supporters

Would you support the nominee if it's not Ron Paul but he chooses Rand for VP?

• Total voters
I cannot applaud you for intentionally and purposefully making sure Barack Obama will be re-elected just because you're mad that everybody doesn't support your candidate.
Straw man.

If I intentionally and purposefully wanted to make sure the president got reelected, why would I waste my time with Ron Paul? :eusa_eh:

I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand that logic.

That's right. I am opposed to the Federal government using the people's money to dispense any form of charity or benevolence. I believe the Founders saw that as unconstitutional and I have been beating that drum for like forever.

On that page, Ron Paul and I are pretty closely aligned. It is for other reasons that put Ron Paul at the bottom of my preference list for who will be the GOP nominee. But despite RP being at the bottom of my list, I would nevertheless vote for him without reservation if the choices were him or Barack Obama.

And that is the quarrel I seem to be having with you and your other Ron Paul supporter buddies here. I don't fault you for supporting Ron Paul. I applaud you for your passion and convictions there.

I cannot applaud you for intentionally and purposefully making sure Barack Obama will be re-elected just because you're mad that everybody doesn't support your candidate.

That's not the reason that we're not voting for the Republican nominee, as has been explained to you repeatedly.

I am far less concerned with the reasons anybody does anything and far more concerned with the results. There is a very good reason for the old saw that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Unless one is unwise, naive, and/or unpatriotic, anybody HAS to know that if a GOP candidate is not elected, whomever he/she is, then Barack Obama will be re-elected.
You're alleging intent. The onus is on you to prove it.

And, last time I checked, Ron Paul was a Republican.

That's right. I am opposed to the Federal government using the people's money to dispense any form of charity or benevolence. I believe the Founders saw that as unconstitutional and I have been beating that drum for like forever.

On that page, Ron Paul and I are pretty closely aligned. It is for other reasons that put Ron Paul at the bottom of my preference list for who will be the GOP nominee. But despite RP being at the bottom of my list, I would nevertheless vote for him without reservation if the choices were him or Barack Obama.

And that is the quarrel I seem to be having with you and your other Ron Paul supporter buddies here. I don't fault you for supporting Ron Paul. I applaud you for your passion and convictions there.

That's not the reason that we're not voting for the Republican nominee, as has been explained to you repeatedly.

I am far less concerned with the reasons anybody does anything and far more concerned with the results. There is a very good reason for the old saw that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Unless one is unwise, naive, and/or unpatriotic, anybody HAS to know that if a GOP candidate is not elected, whomever he/she is, then Barack Obama will be re-elected.

You complained about being called names before, but then once again proceed to refer to us as unwise, naive, and unpatriotic. You don't seem to understand that your notion of what's best for the country is subjective, and that people who disagree with you aren't actually trying to purposefully destroy America. We simply have a different idea of what's best for the country.

So, about those other candidates stances vs. Obama.......

Sorry, fox. From other thread/posts I've read of yours, we agree a lot. But you're now trying to pull a card that we aren't going to accept. The results are too identical to change the stance. It's just prolonging the inevitable. i went through where you are years ago.

I have an INCH bag and looking for property elsewhere now. Call me a kook, crazy, nuts or the like. I'm over it. Taking my ball....

Really? You have not read my posts before have you. I am firmly of the opinion that the Federal government should provide the common defense, promote the general welfare meaning everybody's welfare and not targeted groups, and secure our rights and nothing else. The Federal government should then leave us alone to form whatever sort of society we wish to have.

You don't get any more libertarian than that.

We don't have that. We won't have that under Ron Paul or any of the other candidates. We could easily get a GOP candidate that will really suck. But what we will have will be far more acceptable than what we'll get with Barack Obama at the helm.

This is the argument I have been making. And I vehemently oppose throwing the country under the bus in retaliation for the people choosing a different candidate than the candidate you want.
promoting the general welfare is not welfare programs.

You really need to give up this childish claim that Ron Paul supporters support Obama and socalisim.

You're alleging intent. The onus is on you to prove it.

And, last time I checked, Ron Paul was a Republican.

Actually if you compare Paul to other Republicans he's a Rino. He is nothing like those who are running for president when they claim to be a Republican. There are many liberals in the GOP

I am surprised and a little disappointed at Foxy.
I've never dealt with him/her before, but so far I am decidedly unimpressed.

Foxy is normally well spoken this isn't like the Fox I have dealt with.

Okay, let's take this slowly and carefully.

Let's pretend Barack Obama has been an okay President and is no worse than other Presidents have been. Let's assume that his world view, economic policies, and general focus is no worse than anybody else's other than Ron Paul. If that is the case, then it won't make much difference whether he is re-elected or not. Will you agree with that? And you have nothing to lose with an unsuccessful Ron Paul campaign.

If you think Barack Obama's world view, his economic policies, and general focus has been dangerious and/or counterproductive and the GOP candidates would be less radical, less dangerous, less destructive, then it will make a difference if Barack Obama is not re-elected even if we don't get what we most want.

I am not a Ron Paul supporter at all other than liking him personally, but I would absolutely put my disappointment aside if he was the GOP nominee and would promote him as the candidate to vote for. Even though I think he will not be the President that I hope for.

Why? Because the alternative is to wish a very bad situation on the United States of America and the people who live here.

Would you not consider me a spoiled brat, naive, unpatriotic, or unwise if I refused to vote Republican if Ron Paul did win the nomination?

So how am I the bad guy because I see it the same way if you guys refuse to vote GOP if Gingrich, Santorum, Romney, or somebody else in a brokered convention emerges at the top of the ticket?

I am not a Ron Paul supporter at all other than liking him personally, but I would absolutely put my disappointment aside if he was the GOP nominee and would promote him as the candidate to vote for. Even though I think he will not be the President that I hope for.
Pretty decent appeal to emotion. Though, the rest, fox, I'm not buying.

"let's pretend?" You're making subjective and relative strokes on this

Let's pretend Barack Obama has been an okay President and is no worse than other Presidents have been. Let's assume that his world view, economic policies, and general focus is no worse than anybody else's other than Ron Paul. If that is the case, then it won't make much difference whether he is re-elected or not. Will you agree with that? And you have nothing to lose with an unsuccessful Ron Paul campaign.

If you think Barack Obama's world view, his economic policies, and general focus has been dangerious and/or counterproductive and the GOP candidates would be less radical, less dangerous, less destructive, then it will make a difference if Barack Obama is not re-elected even if we don't get what we most want.

Why? Because the alternative is to wish a very bad situation on the United States of America and the people who live here.

Would you not consider me a spoiled brat, naive, unpatriotic, or unwise if I refused to vote Republican if Ron Paul did win the nomination?

So how am I the bad guy because I see it the same way if you guys refuse to vote GOP if Gingrich, Santorum, Romney, or somebody else in a brokered convention emerges at the top of the ticket?
Let me try to explain this to you one more time. If you don't get it after this, we'll just have to disagree.

Many of us Ron Paul supporters have been in the trenches fighting the growing beast of government for DECADES. We've been insulted, cussed, marginalized, laughed at, slandered, ostracized, assaulted, spat upon, had our cars damaged because we DARED put a Ron Paul sticker on it, and we've even been labelled as possible domestic terrorists by the DHS. We've tried to speak rationally, we've tried to 'play nice', and all it's gotten us is more of the same shit that we take on these boards EVERY GODDAMNED DAY.

And we take it from people who call themselves 'conservatives'.

As far as I'm concerned you 'conservatives' have no right to judge, you have no moral authority to lead and you have no backbone to stand up to the criminal conspirators in our own party. You've played 'go along to get along' for so long that we ARE heading over a cliff, and instead of turning the goddamned bus, you just want to downshift a gear or two.

You just don't get it. You expect us to vote for ANOTHER lying, cheating, stealing, Constitution-ignoring Fascist just because you want the Marxist out. Well, the Fascists are JUST AS BAD. And you fools SUPPORT them.

We DON'T!

Let me try to explain this to you one more time. If you don't get it after this, we'll just have to disagree.

Many of us Ron Paul supporters have been in the trenches fighting the growing beast of government for DECADES. We've been insulted, cussed, marginalized, laughed at, slandered, ostracized, assaulted, spat upon, had our cars damaged because we DARED put a Ron Paul sticker on it, and we've even been labelled as possible domestic terrorists by the DHS. We've tried to speak rationally, we've tried to 'play nice', and all it's gotten us is more of the same shit that we take on these boards EVERY GODDAMNED DAY.

As far as I'm concerned you 'conservatives' have no right to judge, you have no moral authority to lead and you have no backbone to stand up to the criminal conspirators in our own party. You've played 'go along to get along' for so long that we ARE heading over a cliff, and instead of turning the goddamned bus, you just want to downshift a gear or two.

You just don't get it. You expect us to vote for ANOTHER lying, cheating, stealing, Constitution-ignoring Fascist just because you want the Marxist out. Well, the Fascists are JUST AS BAD. And you fools SUPPORT them.

We DON'T!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

We DON'T!

I expect you to vote for what is best for America. Take the personalities, lying, cheating, or otherwise out of it. Yoiu probably aren't going to have the oiption to vote for Jesus Christ or any saint,. Vote for what is best for America.

You choose to punish America for not liking your candidate, America loses. And so do you.

Look at what you guys have been doing here. You aren't addressing the points I am making re the consequences of a second Obama term. You rather have been focusing on me, neg reppoing me, accusing me, criticizing me. That isn't getting it done guys. I am speaking my convictions about what is best for America.

You are sayingit specifically, but you are saying in effect that you are supporting a candidate and dictating to America that they better vote for your guy or you'll throw America under the bus. And somehow you're missing the disconnect of how unAmerican a concept that is.

But if you think that's okay, then yes, we'll just have to disagree.

Look at what you guys have been doing here. You aren't addressing the points I am making re the consequences of a second Obama term.

Yes, I did. I replied by telling you the truth and so did the last few points. If we're going to break this nation, lets do it already and reap what we sew'd. I've spent years teaching people and arguing, much like you are now, to see things more as they are instead of what is fed to them. Here we are, fox.

We're done playing. Break it or fix it. Buying time is over. We don't have more time.

You want to "buy time". We tried of that fail. Getting the marxist out to favor corporatism doesn't change anything and we're done all the same.

Look at what you guys have been doing here. You aren't addressing the points I am making re the consequences of a second Obama term. You rather have been focusing on me, neg reppoing me, accusing me, criticizing me. That isn't getting it done guys.
Fox is right and you all should be a bit ashamed if you're guilty.

You are sayingit specifically, but you are saying in effect that you are supporting a candidate and dictating to America that they better vote for your guy or you'll throw America under the bus. And somehow you're missing the disconnect of how unAmerican a concept that is.

No one is dictating shit on this. You're free to vote your conscience same as me. I reject the notion we're holding any at force to do their own bidding. You sound pissed off that we grew big and you insulted us as a party and our candidate and have even resorted to cheating to keep us down. Your pleas in this regard fall on deaf ears. We're not PLAYING is the part you miss.

I expect you to vote for what is best for America. Take the personalities, lying, cheating, or otherwise out of it. Yoiu probably aren't going to have the oiption to vote for Jesus Christ or any saint,. Vote for what is best for America.

You choose to punish America for not liking your candidate, America loses. And so do you.

Look at what you guys have been doing here. You aren't addressing the points I am making re the consequences of a second Obama term. You rather have been focusing on me, neg reppoing me, accusing me, criticizing me. That isn't getting it done guys. I am speaking my convictions about what is best for America.

I'm not punishing anybody. My vote goes to the candidate that I believe is the best man for the job. It is not for sale, at ANY price.

I've addressed your points and your concerns. I don't believe that a 2nd Obama term can do any more harm than another Fascist like GWBush. Don't sit there complaining about us trying to 'dictate ' to you when you're guilty as HELL of trying to dictate to us. Voting for 1 of the 3 Stooges will only give FALSE hope to those sheeple who've not awakened from their FOX-induced slumber.

I AM voting for what's best for America, you're the one wanting to throw America under the bus by voting for another goddamned Fascist.

And if you keep calling me un-American, I'm going to start calling you Joe McCarthy.

And if you keep calling me un-American, I'm going to start calling you Joe McCarthy.
Careful, you may not know Joe like you thought.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-History-McCarthy-Americas-ebook/dp/B000W94GOU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330047883&sr=1-1"]Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies[/ame]

Book Description
Publication Date: November 24, 2009
Accused of creating a bogus Red Scare and smearing countless innocent victims in a five-year reign of terror, Senator Joseph McCarthy is universally remembered as a demagogue, a bully, and a liar. History has judged him such a loathsome figure that even today, a half century after his death, his name remains synonymous with witch hunts.

But that conventional image is all wrong, as veteran journalist and author M. Stanton Evans reveals in this groundbreaking book. The long-awaited Blacklisted by History, based on six years of intensive research, dismantles the myths surrounding Joe McCarthy and his campaign to unmask Communists, Soviet agents, and flagrant loyalty risks working within the U.S. government. Evans’s revelations completely overturn our understanding of McCarthy, McCarthyism, and the Cold War.

Drawing on primary sources—including never-before-published government records and FBI files, as well as recent research gleaned from Soviet archives and intercepted transmissions between Moscow spymasters and their agents in the United States—Evans presents irrefutable evidence of a relentless Communist drive to penetrate our government, influence its policies, and steal its secrets. Most shocking of all, he shows that U.S. officials supposedly guarding against this danger not only let it happen but actively covered up the penetration. All of this was precisely as Joe McCarthy contended.

Blacklisted by History shows, for instance, that the FBI knew as early as 1942 that J. Robert Oppenheimer, the director of the atomic bomb project, had been identified by Communist leaders as a party member; that high-level U.S. officials were warned that Alger Hiss was a Soviet spy almost a decade before the Hiss case became a public scandal; that a cabal of White House, Justice Department, and State Department officials lied about and covered up the Amerasia spy case; and that the State Department had been heavily penetrated by Communists and Soviet agents before McCarthy came on the scene.

Evans also shows that practically everything we’ve been told about McCarthy is false, including conventional treatment of the famous 1950 speech at Wheeling, West Virginia, that launched the McCarthy era (“I have here in my hand . . .”), the Senate hearings that casually dismissed his charges, the matter of leading McCarthy suspect Owen Lattimore, the Annie Lee Moss case, the Army-McCarthy hearings, and much more.

In the end, Senator McCarthy was censured by his colleagues and condemned by the press and historians. But as Evans writes, “The real Joe McCarthy has vanished into the mists of fable and recycled error, so that it takes the equivalent of a dragnet search to find him.” Blacklisted by History provides the first accurate account of what McCarthy did and, more broadly, what happened to America during the Cold War. It is a revealing exposé of the forces that distorted our national policy in that conflict and our understanding of its history since.

An absolute MUST read.

Last edited:

We DON'T!

Out of all of this, again, here is my problem; you equate voting for the candidate you want to be 'throwing America under the bus' if that candidate doesn't have a (D) or (R) before their name. You are saying that unless you agree with and continue the status quo you are being unpatriotic.

What the Paul supporters seem to be saying is, "I'm going to vote for my guy.". That's all. They aren't voting for anyone else. You are the one equating voting for your preferred candidate to unpatriotic foolishness, Fox. You seem unwilling to accept that other people don't look at voting for their choice of candidate as 'giving' the election to Obama.

And again, the issue should NOT be people who vote for Ron Paul (if he runs as a third party candidate).....the issue should be people who vote for Obama. THAT is the problem you should be concerned about. Telling people they are unpatriotic if they vote for who they want; that they need to vote for a crappy republican rather than a crappy democrat, that they are basically shitting on their fellow countrymen by voting for the candidate of their choice seems a lot more unpatriotic or unAmerican to me. It just further cements, in the minds of pessimists such as myself, that each person's vote does NOT count. Only the voters for the major parties have a voice, and as long as people continue the 'lesser of two evils' concept, it will remain that way.

You say you expect Paul supporters to vote for what is best for America. What you really mean is you expect them to vote for what you consider best for America. They have clearly stated, many times in many ways, that they consider Ron Paul to be what is best for America and will therefore vote for him.

Forum List

Back