Question For Liberals

Well I for one am glad that Bush is gone. However, what still makes me laugh is how Clinton is never mentioned when the pissing and moaning begins about Iraq.

Truthfully Iraq should not have even been an issue for Bush to concern himself with, one way or the other.

Mike

Nope it was the wrong thing to do no matter which of the evolving string of excuses the right used to rationalize their stupidity.

The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 [1], Pub.L. 107-243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution (i.e., a law) passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing the Iraq War.

Yep and it is still wrong. I don't care if virtually all of the republicans and half or so of the dems voted for it.

we also had slavery for a long time approved by govt. Still does not make it right.

Keep living in the past.

I never blamed Bush for the 911 attacks.
I do blame him for spending like a drunken sailor and lying us into Iraq though.

Then the question wasn't directed at you. Damn you liberals are stupid!

You do know that a democratic controlled senate authorized Bush to go to war. The president cannot declare war on his own. Most of the spending happened after the democrats took control of the house. But I don't expect you to be intelligent enough to know any of this so just stick with your liberal talking points and stay stupid your entire life!

War was never declared.

Semantics!

The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 [1], Pub.L. 107-243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution (i.e., a law) passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing the Iraq War.

Yep and it is still wrong. I don't care if virtually all of the republicans and half or so of the dems voted for it.

we also had slavery for a long time approved by govt. Still does not make it right.

Keep living in the past.

Well I do have to keep on living with the mess orchastrated by the right. And many of left in govt joined in as well.

what we did defines where we are going. Only fools disregard this and keep making the same mistakes over again.

Last edited:
I do blame him for spending like a drunken sailor and lying us into Iraq though.

You do know that a democratic controlled senate authorized Bush to go to war. The president cannot declare war on his own. Most of the spending happened after the democrats took control of the house. But I don't expect you to be intelligent enough to know any of this so just stick with your liberal talking points and stay stupid your entire life!

Huh? The democrats took control of the senate in Nov of 06 and for voting purposes Jan 07. So exactly when did we invade Iraq? You really shouldn't talk about others intelligence until you are able to demonstrate some of your own...

Better check your history in 2002 Tom Daschle was the senate majority leader. Democrats remained in control after November 25, 2002, despite a Republican majority resulting from Jim Talent's special election victory in Missouri. There was no reorganization as Senate was no longer in session.

Nope it was the wrong thing to do no matter which of the evolving string of excuses the right used to rationalize their stupidity.

BASED ON LIES provided to us by an EXILED Iraqi national code named "CURVE BALL"!!!!!
So? Your point is?

BASED ON LIES provided to us by an EXILED Iraqi national code named "CURVE BALL"!!!!!
So? Your point is?

If you don't get the POINT then you are being WILLFULLY OBTRUSE!

If Bush lied, so did all the Democrats that said the same thing about Iraq at the time. The entire world though Saddam has WMD's... not just Bush. Anyway... it was the right thing to do.

Every President for the last 20 years, all leaders of all countries agreed that Saddam had weapons of Mass Destruction. President Clinton, Kerry, Al Gore all of them knew of Saddam's weapons of Mass destruction, yet you accuse Bush of LYING about it. Could it be that all of them were wrong?? Including all the democrats who voted for going into Iraq.

You dumb fuck.
Why do you blame Bush for not preventing the 9/11 attacks...
Liberals do not. Your fantasy land premise is fucking stupid.

... but then refuse to give Obama any blame for the economy after almost 13 months in office?
Because Reagan and both Bushes and Clinton were not totally to blame for economies their own policies were not fully in control of?

Why do you blame Bush for not preventing the 9/11 attacks after 8 months in office but then refuse to give Obama any blame for the economy after almost 13 months in office?

They are two totally separate and different issues each involving their own distinct history leading up to the disasters.

The only thing they have in common is that the "history" of each was largely ignored until it was too late, the general thought process being "It'll never happen here" when there was mounds of evidence that it would.

Where was the Dow when Obama took office?

where was unemployment before his master stimulus bill to keep it under 8%?

Not good, that's for sure. That 8% projection was way too conservative, based on the previous quarter.

In November, the unemployment rate had risten to 6.7%. By December, the number of unemployed persons increased by 632,000 to 11.1 million and the unemployment rate rose to 7.2. Over September, October, November and December 2008, the job loss for just those months was already 1,934,000.

Why do you blame Bush for not preventing the 9/11 attacks after 8 months in office but then refuse to give Obama any blame for the economy after almost 13 months in office?
I don't blame Bush, even though a good case could be made that he ignored all the warnings re 9/11.

I also don't blame Obama, he hasn't ignored the warnings but he has not coughed up a big enough stimulus bill to stabilize the job market re the economy.

I think Bush and Obama deserve some credit for the stimulus package...even though IMO deregulation of the banks was the one biggest factor in causing the meltdown and that is more Bush's baby than Obama's. And yes, Clinton's and the Republican congresses under Clinton as well.

hmmm...maybe Bush ignored those warnings, too. :eusa_eh:

I heard yesterday that if they hadn't done what they did, it would have been 25%

But why take that into consideraton, eh?

Not to mention all predictors are up. And things are slowly creeping back. If they re-regulate the banks, should get even better.

But all the loons keep talking down the economy. Don't you think that has something to do with consumer confidence increasing more slowly?

Then who was it directed to? What liberals on this board blame Bush for 9/11?

I heard yesterday that if they hadn't done what they did, it would have been 25%

But why take that into consideraton, eh?

Not to mention all predictors are up. And things are slowly creeping back. If they re-regulate the banks, should get even better.

But all the loons keep talking down the economy. Don't you think that has something to do with consumer confidence increasing more slowly?

it probably is 25% in real terms.

consumer confidence is increasing slowly because the consumers have no confidence in this government, and i include the legislative branch in that statement.

in the old days we had a name for something like this.

we called it jimmy carter.

:clap2:

you can applaud, but that's it's a lie. the Congress (which was REPUB, not DEM) authorized him to take necessary steps, but before he could wage war, he had to exhaust all diplomatic efforts and then report back to congress for further authorization.

he did neither.

you should really know your facts before you mindlessly agree with someone else,

Forum List

Back