Question For John Atheist: Don't You Want To Remember Your Good Deeds Forever?

As noted, every ancient culture practiced some form of religion, but where religion began cannot be pinpointed with any certainty. The argument over whether Mesopotamian religion inspired that of the Egyptians has gone on for over a century now and is no closer to being resolved than when it began. It is most probable that every culture developed its own belief in supernatural entities to explain natural phenomena (day and night, the seasons) or to help make sense of their lives and the uncertain state humans find themselves in daily.

While it may be an interesting exercise in cultural exchange to attempt tracing the origins of religion, it does not seem a very worthwhile use of one's time, when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition and different cultures in different parts of the world could have come to the same conclusions about the meaning of life independently.
when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition ...
the use of the term religious is inaccurate as that implies a structural learned trait where in fact all beings have the same impulse and connection to the metaphysical that is intuitive and viable as the means for their immediate purpose and their future contribution, evolution as their primary goal from birth onward.
To the contrary, religion being a human creation and the subject, "the use of the term religious is" entirely to be expected. Quoting the first paragraph
Religion (from the Latin Religio, meaning 'restraint,' or Relegere, according to Cicero, meaning 'to repeat, to read again,' or, most likely, Religionem, 'to show respect for what is sacred') is an organized system of beliefs and practices revolving around, or leading to, a transcendent spiritual experience. There is no culture recorded in human history which has not practiced some form of religion.
Other "beings" are irrelevant. Neither "human" culture nor history. Being described as "a part of the human condition" doesn't mean parallels to other species or "beings" can't be drawn, but that's a different subject.

Last edited:
No, you prove what you said is true.
Nope, sorry. If you get to play by idiotic, childish rules, then so does everyone else.

So, prove it wrong...or admit it is true. Those are your options. Right? What's the matter... don't like being treated the way you treat others?

Wait, we already knew that, when you degenerated into a worthless, whiny blob when you got asked the question you ask everyone else: "But what if you are wrong?" You never did grow the stones to answer it.
Sorry, I'm not answering you until you start proving your position. Your "questions" always come on the heel of someone else's question to you ----- without you providing any answer --- time and again. There are other members/visitors on this website who are far more interested in a 2 way conversation without trying to turn the question around. If you are not interested, I'm sorry --- read if you will, but remain quiet. I actually did answer your question, but I can see that you both missed my very humble heartfelt response and again failed to answer my question though I asked you FIRST! I'd advise you to look over all my entries until you find my response. Answer me and I will answer you.

You never answer questions that you yourself have first posed to someone else. You try, and fail, to pose a question that you think can only be answered in favor of your position yet never defend your position. This is because you cannot defend your positions, only try and fail to belittle anything that disputes you. You don't want any "discussion" at all, you want on thinking acceptance because you are afraid that you are wrong.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. If you have nothing intelligent to say, and you don't, remain quiet.

Sorry, I'm not answering you until you start proving your position.
Another shameless lie. You will never answer. Ever. You have spent days coming up with every embarrassing tap dance under the sun to avoid answering the question you LOVE to ask everyone else. This is your newest horseshit reason.

Don't ask the question again, unless you are prepared to answer it yourself. Simple. Then you can avoid embarrassing yourself like this.

As noted, every ancient culture practiced some form of religion, but where religion began cannot be pinpointed with any certainty. The argument over whether Mesopotamian religion inspired that of the Egyptians has gone on for over a century now and is no closer to being resolved than when it began. It is most probable that every culture developed its own belief in supernatural entities to explain natural phenomena (day and night, the seasons) or to help make sense of their lives and the uncertain state humans find themselves in daily.

While it may be an interesting exercise in cultural exchange to attempt tracing the origins of religion, it does not seem a very worthwhile use of one's time, when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition and different cultures in different parts of the world could have come to the same conclusions about the meaning of life independently.
when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition ...
the use of the term religious is inaccurate as that implies a structural learned trait where in fact all beings have the same impulse and connection to the metaphysical that is intuitive and viable as the means for their immediate purpose and their future contribution, evolution as their primary goal from birth onward.
To the contrary, religion being a human creation and the subject, "the use of the term religious is" entirely to be expected. Quoting the first paragraph
Religion (from the Latin Religio, meaning 'restraint,' or Relegere, according to Cicero, meaning 'to repeat, to read again,' or, most likely, Religionem, 'to show respect for what is sacred') is an organized system of beliefs and practices revolving around, or leading to, a transcendent spiritual experience. There is no culture recorded in human history which has not practiced some form of religion.
Other "beings" are irrelevant. Neither "human" culture nor history. Being described as "a part of the human condition" doesn't mean parallels to other species or "beings" can't be drawn, but that's a different subject.
Being described as "a part of the human condition" doesn't mean parallels to other species or "beings"
when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition

the use of the term religious is inaccurate as that implies a structural learned trait where in fact all beings have the same impulse and connection to the metaphysical
there is a distinction between scriptural "religion" as a creation made by humans and the impulse all beings have with their metaphysical origin - being identical. all beings evolve is a proof of their similarity.

1597973287517.png

both Fauna and Flora.

Sorry, I'm not answering you until you start proving your position.
Another shameless lie. You will never answer. Ever. You have spent days coming up with every embarrassing tap dance under the sun to avoid answering the question you LOVE to ask everyone else. This is your newest horseshit reason.

Don't ask the question again, unless you are prepared to answer it yourself. Simple. Then you can avoid embarrassing yourself like this.
If (and that is if) the Bible is wrong and Jesus never arose from the grave, etc., etc., etc... Then I will surely go to hell. Just about every religion that ever existed speaks of a place of torment for those who do not go to paradise or whatever else it may be labeled. Hades (or some other such...

Being described as "a part of the human condition" doesn't mean parallels to other species or "beings"
when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition

the use of the term religious is inaccurate as that implies a structural learned trait where in fact all beings have the same impulse and connection to the metaphysical
there is a distinction between scriptural "religion" as a creation made by humans and the impulse all beings have with their metaphysical origin - being identical. all beings evolve is a proof of their similarity.

View attachment 377617

both Fauna and Flora.
Insert previous rebuttal here.

If (and that is if) the Bible is wrong and Jesus never arose from the grave, etc., etc., etc... Then I will surely go to hell.
Oh no! If i am wrong, i will go to a happy place forever. Sucks being you.
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. If you don't believe (and apparently you never have made any such profession), then if indeed GOD exists and since you are a sinner, you will be eternally separated from GOD upon your death. SO, either you end up in the grave forgotten forever, or you end up in hell forgotten forever but reliving all the times you coulda , woulda, shoulda ------- IF ONLYS throughout eternity. That isn't something I'd look forward to either way. You are dying from the moment you are born. Have you reach a quarter century yet ----- or are you again unwilling to answer simple questions?

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.
Nah, i will be saved anyway. I am a good person. A benevolent god will see this and just show me jesus. I am sure it will be quite an entrance!
MARK 10:17-29
The Rich Young Man
(Matthew 19:16–30; Luke 18:18–30)

17As Jesus started on His way, a man ran up and knelt before Him. “Good Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 19You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not cheat others, honor your father and mother.’”

20“Teacher,” he replied, “all these I have kept from my youth."

21Jesus looked at him, loved him, and said to him, “There is one thing you lack: Go, sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22But the man was saddened by these words and went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

23Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24And the disciples were amazed at His words.

But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26They were even more astonished and said to one another, “Who then can be saved?”

27Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”

28Peter began to say to Him, “Look, we have left everything and followed You.”

29“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for My sake and for the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundredfold in the present age—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, along with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Nah, i will be saved anyway. I am a good person. A benevolent god will see this and just show me jesus. I am sure it will be quite an entrance!
The Rich Young Man

17As Jesus started on His way, a man ran up and knelt before Him. “Good Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 19You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not cheat others, honor your father and mother.’”

21Jesus looked at him, loved him, and said to him, “There is one thing you lack: Go, sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22But the man was saddened by these words and went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

23Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26They were even more astonished and said to one another, “Who then can be saved?”

27Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”

29“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for My sake and for the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundredfold in the present age—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, along with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Don't you ever get tired of parroting someone else and their BS?

Can't you come up with any original thought of your own, or do you lack that ability?

All you do is to find quotes that you seem to thin k prove your statements without ever realizing that they are not actual quotes, as they have been translated many times leading to changes in them and destroying the original meaning?

Just one, try to express an original thought and be prepared to defend it in your own words. All you have done so far is to parrot someone whose words express your desires more than your own words do.

Time to grow up and realize that your tactics are not working and likely never will because intelligent people can think for themselves. unlike you.

The Rich Young Man

Can't you come up with any original thought of your own, or do you lack that ability?

All you do is to find quotes that you seem to thin k prove your statements without ever realizing that they are not actual quotes, as they have been translated many times leading to changes in them and destroying the original meaning?

Just one, try to express an original thought and be prepared to defend it in your own words. All you have done so far is to parrot someone whose words express your desires more than your own words do.

Time to grow up and realize that your tactics are not working and likely never will because intelligent people can think for themselves. unlike you.
I'm a Christian and so I seek to align myself with CHRIST/MESSIAH. When someone speaks of say "evolution", they usually don't simply make up a story. All though apparently they do... Well, perhaps they quote someone like Mr. Darwin. When it comes to salvation, it really doesn't matter what I think. It matters only what GOD reveals concerning that subject. Those that neglect history are doomed to repeat it. It takes brains and talent to comprehend that reading about someone else's mistakes is far better than repeating the very same mess all over again.

The Rich Young Man

I'm a Christian and so I seek to align myself with CHRIST/MESSIAH. When someone speaks of say "evolution", they usually don't simply make up a story. All though apparently they do... Well, perhaps they quote someone like Mr. Darwin. When it comes to salvation, it really doesn't matter what I think. It matters only what GOD reveals concerning that subject. Those that neglect history are doomed to repeat it. It takes brains and talent to comprehend that reading about someone else's mistakes is far better than repeating the very same mess all over again.

You personify that you lack talent and brains by blindly repeating what you consider to be fact without any proof.

Also, you show an enormous ego and seem to think that yo personally talk to this alleged god of yours. Both things that your religion disapproves of.

You are a blowhard phony who refuses to admit that he doesn't have the slightest idea about what he talks about. You sight all of these quotations as if they could not possible be wrong because they are written down.

There is a whole genre of writings called fiction that have as much evidence of truth as your claims.

Stop embarrassing yourself and just be silent or admit that you are wrong. You are gaining o converts here, in fact your are driving believers away.

The Rich Young Man

You personify that you lack talent and brains by blindly repeating what you consider to be fact without any proof.

Also, you show an enormous ego and seem to think that yo personally talk to this alleged god of yours. Both things that your religion disapproves of.

You are a blowhard phony who refuses to admit that he doesn't have the slightest idea about what he talks about. You sight all of these quotations as if they could not possible be wrong because they are written down.

There is a whole genre of writings called fiction that have as much evidence of truth as your claims.

Stop embarrassing yourself and just be silent or admit that you are wrong. You are gaining o converts here, in fact your are driving believers away.
I must really be rocking your apple cart!!!! I do pray; however, I never suggested that you shouldn't. In fact, I've wholeheartedly try to encourage everyone to pray and talk to the Lord. I "sight" the Bible as you might Darwin or Carl Sagan. I promote the Bible, and copy and paste sections of it, because I know most people here haven't read any of it. And yet like you are very apt to suggest that it (the Bible) is full of errors that they couldn't be aware of since they never read it and only copy and paste what others have copied and pasted without personal investigation or reading it in CONTEXT...

The Rich Young Man

I must really be rocking your apple cart!!!! I do pray; however, I never suggested that you shouldn't. In fact, I've wholeheartedly try to encourage everyone to pray and talk to the Lord. I "sight" the Bible as you might Darwin or Carl Sagan. I promote the Bible, and copy and paste sections of it, because I know most people here haven't read any of it. And yet like you are very apt to suggest that it (the Bible) is full of errors that they couldn't be aware of since they never read it and only copy and paste what others have copied and pasted without personal investigation or reading it in CONTEXT...

If you had actually read this bible as you claim and believe as you claim you would realize you would see that you just committed the "sin" or arrogance in one explicit sentence. So it appear that you pick and choose what you want to believe and follow. Not really religion, just ego and arrogance with a side of trying to tell others what they should or should not believe.

Not to mention that you imply and outright say what others believe if they don't agree with your garbage. You claim things that have not happened, another "sin" called lying. You also assume things not in evidence as truth because your ego will not allow that others to have their own beliefs or thoughts.

In other words, you are a lying and sinning example of what you claim is so precious.

Listening to you and those like you are a major reason why people are fleeing your religion. They can think for themselves and recognize BS when they see it. You obviously can not, lacking the ability to think for yourself.

The Rich Young Man

And yet like you are very apt to suggest that it (the Bible) is full of errors that they couldn't be aware of since they never read it
I stopped reading the christian bible after the first few pages - of blatant forgeries and fallacies that is not to say passages can not be read individually to avoid being induced in evil and the underlying subliminal deception. the spoken religion is found in that document.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
an example of a 4th century forgery .
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
fictional representation the authority could not delegate to surrogates. nipper.
every page of the 4th century christian bible is littered with forgeries and fallacies. deliberate contradictions to the events of the 1st century liberation theology, religion of antiquity the triumph of humanity - over evil.

The Rich Young Man

If there is a god, he or she didn't send everyone who lived before the Bible to hell and won't send me to hell, either. In other breaking news, the wafer doesn't really turn into flesh. These are just ramblings of ignorant, superstitious people.

The Rich Young Man

If there is a god, he or she didn't send everyone who lived before the Bible to hell and won't send me to hell, either. In other breaking news, the wafer doesn't really turn into flesh. These are just ramblings of ignorant, superstitious people.
Of course the unleavened bread doesn't change to flesh. JESUS was crucified once and for all. It is heresy to say that one must repeatedly eat the flesh of JESUS and drink HIS blood. The Lord's supper is a devotional memorial service to call to mind what JESUS accomplished upon the cross for the sins of the world. Roman Catholics in error came up with the doctrine of TRANSUBSTANTIATION. JESUS, HIMSELF said, "Do this in remembrance of ME." And was very much alive when HE presented the very first supper to HIS disciples.

GOD sends everyone to the place that they are worthy of. Those who died without knowledge of the true GOD will be sentenced according to what they believe they should have practiced. Everyone who falls short of their own accountability will go to their rightful place. The person who believes that attending a temple every day will be punished because of what he failed to do ---- attend the temple daily. All that one needs to do is miss going once and his work is worthless.

You see for the believer, CHRIST breeches the gap. Without trusting in GOD to do what needs to be done, one fails by is own merit.

The Rich Young Man

Of course the unleavened bread doesn't change to flesh. JESUS was crucified once and for all. It is heresy to say that one must repeatedly eat the flesh of JESUS and drink HIS blood. The Lord's supper is a devotional memorial service to call to mind what JESUS accomplished upon the cross for the sins of the world. Roman Catholics in error came up with the doctrine of TRANSUBSTANTIATION. JESUS, HIMSELF said, "Do this in remembrance of ME." And was very much alive when HE presented the very first supper to HIS disciples.

GOD sends everyone to the place that they are worthy of. Those who died without knowledge of the true GOD will be sentenced according to what they believe they should have practiced. Everyone who falls short of their own accountability will go to their rightful place. The person who believes that attending a temple every day will be punished because of what he failed to do ---- attend the temple daily. All that one needs to do is miss going once and his work is worthless.

You see for the believer, CHRIST breeches the gap. Without trusting in GOD to do what needs to be done, one fails by is own merit.

The mental gymnastics that you who claim to believe are capable of are truly amazing. Anything that is outside the realm of possibility is twisted to fit your personal claims. Never mind if it says the exact opposite in your precious buybull you manage to convince yourself that it is just no0t misunderstood by any who can actually think and reason.

The only thing that "breeches the gap" are the lies that you create and convince yourself to put your faith in.

Forum List

Back