Question for Democrats

Then you might want to look in a mirror because they are way off. I came from a poor family but I joined the army to pay my way through college. I graduated Cum Laude. I have been a computer scientist for over 15 years and I’m now the top programmer in my company. But Hey you are correct I have accomplished nothing because I have been employed since I turned 16 instead of complaining that the evil corporations are taking all my money.

I HATE to do, but you left yourself SOOOOOO wide open, you jsut admited that you used the GOV. to build your life. so your welcome, helped pay your way though school, I helped you with health costs, I helped you with a paycheck........

Dear God, what a loser you are!! He joined the military, he worked for peanuts putting his life on the line. He left his family for months at a time, put himself in harm's way to protect your freedom and you say HE used the government......Hell the Government used him!! Your 3 cent contributions didn't help him one bit!!

what about teachers, firefighter,policmen? still think they are shit?

I HATE to do, but you left yourself SOOOOOO wide open, you jsut admited that you used the GOV. to build your life. so your welcome, helped pay your way though school, I helped you with health costs, I helped you with a paycheck........

Dear God, what a loser you are!! He joined the military, he worked for peanuts putting his life on the line. He left his family for months at a time, put himself in harm's way to protect your freedom and you say HE used the government......Hell the Government used him!! Your 3 cent contributions didn't help him one bit!!

To him serving your country is the same as sitting on your ass expecting handouts.

once again are you willing to say that to all public servents? in nj alone 250k police firefights and teachers have lost their jobs in the last 2 odd years under republican rule, do they deserve less than someone who joined the army?

I’m trying to understand your mentality because honestly it does not seem to add up. I can’t understand the idea of selling freedom. After all our ancestors crossed the oceans risking their lives to get away from a government that provided everything in return for serfdom. They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

So I’m wondering, what in your life has made you decide you no longer wanted to be free? When did you decide that it was better to have things provided for you in exchange for your freedom? Is it that or do you believe that you will be one of the ones making the decisions for everyone else? I’m just having a hard time understanding at what point you decided being free and responsible for yourself was too difficult?

As for those that are going to argue that freedom is not at stake. Well frankly you’re an idiot if you can’t understand the more you are a dependent the less free you are. When you become dependent on anyone or anything you are then under the control of the provider. Some people don’t understand this because they have weak parents that don’t use that power in order to help their kids do what they need to do. But just because they choose not to utilize that power does not mean the government will not. Sure in the beginning they will be nice about it and not use that power but eventually they will.

Can you refine your question and rephrase it into something more simpler?

Sorry, but I'm out of it from this extremely stressful day.

No one thinks they are, now do they?:eusa_hand:

strawman-1.jpg

Where did I say they were losers?? I come from a long line of teachers, firefighters and policemen............they are grossly underpaid for what they do, especially the firefighters and policemen, along with the military. Teachers don't always put their lives on the line on a daily basis.

To him serving your country is the same as sitting on your ass expecting handouts.

once again are you willing to say that to all public servents? in nj alone 250k police firefights and teachers have lost their jobs in the last 2 odd years under republican rule, do they deserve less than someone who joined the army?

If the government would quit funding their pork projects, learn to live within a budget, heck the feds don't even have one, we could afford to not only hire more policemen and firemen but pay them more!!

Major fail!!

Ok, what freedoms are you talking about? please list 15 freedoms that you feel you are not getting.

Everytime a law is passed is an intrusion on liberty.

list them, top 15, once you put a finger on it, then people might be able to explain it to you.

Google it. Look it up. Trust me there are plenty of Federal laws more than 260,000 pages of laws. You can find some like the men service Federal prison sentences for importing lobster in bags rather than cardboard boxes.

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my assessment. You're way too idiotic to have ever of made anything of yourself. Your mindless posts paint a pretty clear picture.

Then you might want to look in a mirror because they are way off. I came from a poor family but I joined the army to pay my way through college. I graduated Cum Laude. I have been a computer scientist for over 15 years and I’m now the top programmer in my company. But Hey you are correct I have accomplished nothing because I have been employed since I turned 16 instead of complaining that the evil corporations are taking all my money.

Ouch. Stop you are hurting my feelings. I joined the Army to help me pay my way through school. I did not reach for a handout. The Army is actually one function the Federal Government is supposed to be there for.

Everytime a law is passed is an intrusion on liberty.

list them, top 15, once you put a finger on it, then people might be able to explain it to you.

Google it. Look it up. Trust me there are plenty of Federal laws more than 260,000 pages of laws. You can find some like the men service Federal prison sentences for importing lobster in bags rather than cardboard boxes.

That poster is a waste of bandwidth.

Mayor bloomberg has made giving food to homeless people difficult because he wants to regulate the salt content. He wantts to ban some baby formulas.

Actually it is against Federal Law to give food to homeless persons without a license.

ok that is 1, now 14 more, and then once we have the full picture, we can explain or try to explain it

Health care can cover several. Freedom of religion, freedom to carry ins or not, freedom to eat what we choose, freedom to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. Eventually the government can punish you if you do anything they deem bad for your health or bad for the environment.

your right freedom of religion(the mosq. in NY was blocked) the freedom to life,liberty, and the persuit of happyness goes out the window with anit-gay laws, although I would like for you to explain what carry ins are, never hard of them. aslo what food are you not allowed to eat?

What do you mean anti-gay laws? You mean the Federal Government recognizing marriage as between a man and a woman. That is actually not defining marriage per say as it is defining who can claim marriage tax breaks. Those marriage benefits were given to try and keep families together and I think that should be removed anyways because it does not work.

Typical right winger no doubt. They are the first to have their hands reached out and mouths open for a handout, then bash those for doing the exact same thing. Bunch of damn hypocrites.

I served in the Army. Trust me it was no handout.

The pilgrims were so strict that they beat one baptist for his extreme views on Christianity.

He should have known better than to preach his views. Come on get serious we can all agree there should be laws protecting someone's health and property.

I’m trying to understand your mentality because honestly it does not seem to add up. I can’t understand the idea of selling freedom. After all our ancestors crossed the oceans risking their lives to get away from a government that provided everything in return for serfdom. They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

So I’m wondering, what in your life has made you decide you no longer wanted to be free? When did you decide that it was better to have things provided for you in exchange for your freedom? Is it that or do you believe that you will be one of the ones making the decisions for everyone else? I’m just having a hard time understanding at what point you decided being free and responsible for yourself was too difficult?

As for those that are going to argue that freedom is not at stake. Well frankly you’re an idiot if you can’t understand the more you are a dependent the less free you are. When you become dependent on anyone or anything you are then under the control of the provider. Some people don’t understand this because they have weak parents that don’t use that power in order to help their kids do what they need to do. But just because they choose not to utilize that power does not mean the government will not. Sure in the beginning they will be nice about it and not use that power but eventually they will.

My ancestors came to the New World in search of Gold and Riches.

Others came to escape the religious wars in Europe.

Most Colonist were happy to be English Subjecst until the Crown started imposing harsh taxes and other decrees and did not allow the colonist to be represented in Parliment.

Your argument 'Democrat want to sell freedom' is as full of holes as your understanding of the facts of history.

When you become a dependent you lose your freedom. Sure the person or thing you are dependent on may be nice and allow you to do things but at the end of the day you are dependent and if they chose they can use that dependency to control you.

Responsible people don't need a Government nanny-state...and consequently? Murder is against God's law to start with and immoral, most people already have an understanding of this.

I was never suggesting a nanny state. I was complaining about a couple of the laws in my town. I understand all this perfectly.

But would you really feel comfortable living in a nation without a police force to enforce such obvious laws like "thou shalt not kill?"

Who is asking for that?

Are democrats "forcing" dependency on people?

OR

Are they aiding those that need help?​

You have to answer that question in order to determine if the op makes sense.

If they were aiding those that need help, then they would not be providing free handouts. That breeds dependency not independence.

Are democrats "forcing" dependency on people?​

OR

Are they aiding those that need help?

You have to answer that question in order to determine if the op makes sense.

If they were aiding those that need help, then they would not be providing free handouts. That breeds dependency not independence.

Enablers rewarding failure.

I never said they were. I do think they got too much in pensions and they should not be unionized as far as police and fire go. Give them the same retirement options as the military. As far as teachers go, that should be privatized.

Forum List

Back