Question for Democrats

Everytime a law is passed is an intrusion on liberty.

Where I live, i don't have the freedom to water my lawn whenever i'd like. There's laws about certain areas of the town only being able to water at certain times. Oh, and i can't necessarily have my house be the exact color I want: it needs to be different than the ones next to and across from me.

But, I also don't have the liberty to shoot people in cold blood without consequence. Some laws are in place for a reason, a good reason. You can argue the merits of a certain law all day long but the above statement is true: any law is a limitation of freedom and liberty by virtue of it's very existence.

Scandinavia and other "left" European counties are thriving. There has never been in the history of the world a successful hard right country

Nazi germany = Failed

Fascist Italy = Failed

Fascist Spain = Failed

The only hard right counties still around are in the middle east like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

If you want the nation to turn into a 3rd world hell hole like those places, you keep right on voting GOP,...

lol. Nazi germany? Italy? Spain? What? O brother.

Ok, what freedoms are you talking about? please list 15 freedoms that you feel you are not getting.

Why 15?

Isn't 10 or even 5 bad enough for you?

lol. Nazi germany? Italy? Spain? What? O brother.

Ok, what freedoms are you talking about? please list 15 freedoms that you feel you are not getting.

Why 15?

Isn't 10 or even 5 bad enough for you?

look, i dont like being told what to do anymore than the next guy, do I at times think our gov. uses its powers in making poor choices, yes. I do also understand that at times they do have more infromation than I do. its when you are a kid and you want the "freedom" to do "x" and your parents tell you no. One thing I do not agree with though is the because I am the parent argument, as in if our gov. is going to dictate something to us, they should tell us why in full that they are doing it.

Who's talking about "no longer wanting to be free"?

You of course can't see the connection, and this is why you are an idiot and almost assuredly haven't amounted to anything in your life, much like the OP.

I'm afraid your assessment of me and my accomplishments are not accurate. But apparently you know me. If you can’t see where create a big government equals more control and less freedom, then you are the idiot.

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my assessment. You're way too idiotic to have ever of made anything of yourself. Your mindless posts paint a pretty clear picture.

Then you might want to look in a mirror because they are way off. I came from a poor family but I joined the army to pay my way through college. I graduated Cum Laude. I have been a computer scientist for over 15 years and I’m now the top programmer in my company. But Hey you are correct I have accomplished nothing because I have been employed since I turned 16 instead of complaining that the evil corporations are taking all my money.

Everytime a law is passed is an intrusion on liberty.

Where I live, i don't have the freedom to water my lawn whenever i'd like. There's laws about certain areas of the town only being able to water at certain times. Oh, and i can't necessarily have my house be the exact color I want: it needs to be different than the ones next to and across from me.

But, I also don't have the liberty to shoot people in cold blood without consequence. Some laws are in place for a reason, a good reason. You can argue the merits of a certain law all day long but the above statement is true: any law is a limitation of freedom and liberty by virtue of it's very existence.

Responsible people don't need a Government nanny-state...and consequently? Murder is against God's law to start with and immoral, most people already have an understanding of this.

Libery is about living your life without intruding upon others. What part of that don't you understand? Responsible people DO. :eusa_hand:

What are you not allowed to do anymore?

I think a better question would be to ask how much more expensive the left has made everything we want to do.

They use health care as a way to control our actions and punish offenders through their redistribution programs.

ok that is 1, now 14 more, and then once we have the full picture, we can explain or try to explain it

Health care can cover several. Freedom of religion, freedom to carry ins or not, freedom to eat what we choose, freedom to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. Eventually the government can punish you if you do anything they deem bad for your health or bad for the environment.

However the left wants to give us free stuff.

Free birth control
Free cell phones
Free PCs
Free sex-change operations
Free abortions
Free food stamps for illegals
Education Grants

We have to pay for all this shit. Plus we have little or no say in how our money is used.

Btw, James Holmes used government grant money to buy his guns and his bullets.

I'm afraid your assessment of me and my accomplishments are not accurate. But apparently you know me. If you can’t see where create a big government equals more control and less freedom, then you are the idiot.

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my assessment. You're way too idiotic to have ever of made anything of yourself. Your mindless posts paint a pretty clear picture.

Then you might want to look in a mirror because they are way off. I came from a poor family but I joined the army to pay my way through college. I graduated Cum Laude. I have been a computer scientist for over 15 years and I’m now the top programmer in my company. But Hey you are correct I have accomplished nothing because I have been employed since I turned 16 instead of complaining that the evil corporations are taking all my money.

I HATE to do, but you left yourself SOOOOOO wide open, you jsut admited that you used the GOV. to build your life. so your welcome, helped pay your way though school, I helped you with health costs, I helped you with a paycheck........

I think a better question would be to ask how much more expensive the left has made everything we want to do.

They use health care as a way to control our actions and punish offenders through their redistribution programs.

ok that is 1, now 14 more, and then once we have the full picture, we can explain or try to explain it

Health care can cover several. Freedom of religion, freedom to carry ins or not, freedom to eat what we choose, freedom to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. Eventually the government can punish you if you do anything they deem bad for your health or bad for the environment.

your right freedom of religion(the mosq. in NY was blocked) the freedom to life,liberty, and the persuit of happyness goes out the window with anit-gay laws, although I would like for you to explain what carry ins are, never hard of them. aslo what food are you not allowed to eat?

I HATE to do, but you left yourself SOOOOOO wide open, you jsut admited that you used the GOV. to build your life. so your welcome, helped pay your way though school, I helped you with health costs, I helped you with a paycheck........

Typical right winger no doubt. They are the first to have their hands reached out and mouths open for a handout, then bash those for doing the exact same thing. Bunch of damn hypocrites.

Dear God, what a loser you are!! He joined the military, he worked for peanuts putting his life on the line. He left his family for months at a time, put himself in harm's way to protect your freedom and you say HE used the government......Hell the Government used him!! Your 3 cent contributions didn't help him one bit!!

I’m trying to understand your mentality because honestly it does not seem to add up. I can’t understand the idea of selling freedom. After all our ancestors crossed the oceans risking their lives to get away from a government that provided everything in return for serfdom. They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

So I’m wondering, what in your life has made you decide you no longer wanted to be free? When did you decide that it was better to have things provided for you in exchange for your freedom? Is it that or do you believe that you will be one of the ones making the decisions for everyone else? I’m just having a hard time understanding at what point you decided being free and responsible for yourself was too difficult?

As for those that are going to argue that freedom is not at stake. Well frankly you’re an idiot if you can’t understand the more you are a dependent the less free you are. When you become dependent on anyone or anything you are then under the control of the provider. Some people don’t understand this because they have weak parents that don’t use that power in order to help their kids do what they need to do. But just because they choose not to utilize that power does not mean the government will not. Sure in the beginning they will be nice about it and not use that power but eventually they will.

My ancestors came to the New World in search of Gold and Riches.

Others came to escape the religious wars in Europe.

Most Colonist were happy to be English Subjecst until the Crown started imposing harsh taxes and other decrees and did not allow the colonist to be represented in Parliment.

Your argument 'Democrat want to sell freedom' is as full of holes as your understanding of the facts of history.

Responsible people don't need a Government nanny-state...and consequently? Murder is against God's law to start with and immoral, most people already have an understanding of this.

I was never suggesting a nanny state. I was complaining about a couple of the laws in my town. I understand all this perfectly.

But would you really feel comfortable living in a nation without a police force to enforce such obvious laws like "thou shalt not kill?"

Are democrats "forcing" dependency on people?

OR

Are they aiding those that need help?​

You have to answer that question in order to determine if the op makes sense.

your right freedom of religion(the mosq. in NY was blocked) the freedom to life,liberty, and the persuit of happyness goes out the window with anit-gay laws, although I would like for you to explain what carry ins are, never hard of them. aslo what food are you not allowed to eat?

Same-sex marriage isn't the issue it used to be. Now anyone who says they're against it comes under attack.

Right now if I buy a chicken san from chick-fil-le I'm accused of being a homophobe. I don't even eat there, but now I want to just to harelip the left.

Last edited:

Dear God, what a loser you are!! He joined the military, he worked for peanuts putting his life on the line. He left his family for months at a time, put himself in harm's way to protect your freedom and you say HE used the government......Hell the Government used him!! Your 3 cent contributions didn't help him one bit!!

To him serving your country is the same as sitting on your ass expecting handouts.

Forum List

Back