Question About Protests Mainly To The Right Wingers On Here

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Where were the Iraq War Town Hall Meetings about 8 years ago?

Where were the claims of ramming that uneccessary and very costly war down people's throats then?

Where was the so-called Liberal MSM covering the protesters that were protesting then?

Where were the claims of ramming that uneccessary and very costly war down people's throats then?

Where was the so-called Liberal MSM covering the protesters that were protesting then?

beats the shit out of me.

why do you ask?

I think I see where the OP is headed. Are you suggesting that because what is happening today wasn't going on 8 years ago, it somehow makes what is happening today shallow, fake, and hypocritical?

I think I see where the OP is headed. Are you suggesting that because what is happening today wasn't going on 8 years ago, it somehow makes what is happening today shallow, fake, and hypocritical?
Not necessarily, but you said it...not me.

I'm just wondering where all these "concerned and patriotic real Americans" were when the country REALLY needed them?

I was a protestor of the Iraq war and there was a tremendous amount of coverage on the MSM. Why do you think there wasn't? Please don't take this the wrong way, but is it because you either weren't old enough to remember or were not into politics during that time? I'm just wondering how you missed it.

http://www.libertarians4peace.net/

Ask Hillary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS9y5t0tR0]YouTube - Hillary Clinton Iraq War Vote Speech[/ame]

Not necessarily, but you said it...not me.

I'm just wondering where all these "concerned and patriotic real Americans" were when the country REALLY needed them?

Not necessarily? You just confirmed my hunch with this post. You are transparent. It was easy to see what you were doing.

If you take a new direction in your life tomorrow, whatever part of your life that may entail, does that mean you are being fake, shallow, or hypocritical in some way, because you didn't take that new direction earlier?

Bush and company were very successful at wrapping the Iraq war in patriotism. Anyone speaking out against it was labled soft on terrorism or un patriotic.

Putting out a bill that takes away freedoms and calling it the "Patriot Act" is one example

We regrets that we didn't set more bombs...oh wait, sorry that was William Ayers as printed on 9/11/2001. IF you could pull yourself away from the horror that day you could have read Obama's best friend, mentor, and possible ghost writer saying that.

We're not like the LEFT at ALL!

We regrets that we didn't set more bombs...oh wait, sorry that was William Ayers as printed on 9/11/2001. IF you could pull yourself away from the horror that day you could have read Obama's best friend, mentor, and possible ghost writer saying that.

We're not like the LEFT at ALL!

I just HAVE to see your source on that

There weren't any because eight years ago, there were no plans to invade Iraq.

I was a protestor of the Iraq war and there was a tremendous amount of coverage on the MSM. Why do you think there wasn't? Please don't take this the wrong way, but is it because you either weren't old enough to remember or were not into politics during that time? I'm just wondering how you missed it.

Libertarians for Peace
I'm 33 years old. I wasn't THAT into politics but I was interested in what was going on at the time. I think by 9-11, anyone with an ounce of common sense had to at least begun their political and world awareness.

This is why Katy Abram is such a fraud.

Anyway, I digress. I do recall SOME protest, on the teevee, but it was barely a fraction of what is being displated now. And they were relegated to the "loony bin" and not depicted as "concerned Americans."

Am I remebering this wrong?

Now YouTube is a place where you can find ANY video, from any time, can you produce any of the protests featured in the media at that time from say '01 on up?

About 8 years ago, they were non existant because the vote was 6-7 years ago not 8. 8 years ago 9/11 hadnt even happened.

As for your protests. you guys wouldnt shut up about it. Heck, you guys still protest it

I should also point out, that people are alot more willing to support freeing other people then they are to support giving up their own liberty. This should just be common sense.

Bush and company were very successful at wrapping the Iraq war in patriotism. Anyone speaking out against it was labled soft on terrorism or un patriotic.

Putting out a bill that takes away freedoms and calling it the "Patriot Act" is one example
And yet, it's perfectly okay with you that Dems in Congress voted for all of it, and when they assumed strong majority power in 2007, renewed all of it, including the Patriot Act, and even made it stronger?

15wxn29.gif

Libertarians for Peace
I'm 33 years old. I wasn't THAT into politics but I was interested in what was going on at the time. I think by 9-11, anyone with an ounce of common sense had to at least begun their political and world awareness.

Anyway, I digress. I do recall SOME protest, on the teevee, but it was barely a fraction of what is being displated now. And they were relegated to the "loony bin" and not depicted as "concerned Americans."

Now YouTube is a place where you can find ANY video, from any time, can you produce any of the protests featured in the media at that time from say '01 on up?

I was very happy with the way the MSM handled the war protests. Just go to YouTube and type in 'iraq war protest'. There were 23,400 hits. I am, concerned, however, about the war in Afghanistan. Obama has escalated the war and nobody seems to be concerned about it. Here's a somewhat dated article on the subject, but still appropriate:

Welcome To Obama’s War by Eric Margolis

Libertarians for Peace

I don't think you can compare 6 women in pink tea-shirts protesting the war to the thousands that have come to these town hall meetings to protest government run health care. :clap2:

To add--99% of democrats in the house & senate voted to invade Iraq. In fact, the overwhelming majority of Americans believed that Sadam Husien possessed WMD along wth the administration, congress, senate, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry--etc. etc. etc.

Once WMD was not found--the overwhelming majority of Americans realised that if we left Iraq in a failed state with no leadership-- we would have just created another safe haven for Al Queda & other terrorist groups. And that's why you didn't have protests.

Last edited:

Libertarians for Peace

I don't think you can compare 6 women in pink tea-shirts protesting the war to the thousands that have come to these town hall meetings to protest government run health care. :clap2:

To add--97% of democrats in the house & senate voted to invade Iraq. In fact, the overwhelming majority of Americans believed that Sadam Husien possessed WMD along wth the administration, congress, senate, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry--etc. etc. etc.

Once WMD was not found--the overwhelming majority of Americans realised that if we left Iraq in a failed state with no leadership-- we would have just created another safe haven for Al Queda & other terrorist groups. And that's why you didn't have these enormous protests.

actually, that's incorrect. about 45 percent democrats in House and Senate voted to invade Iraq.

Forum List

Back