Question about moving threads

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I was thinking, and it occurred to me that not once have I ever saw a thread moved from the rubber room to general discussion! What is going on here, anyway?

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

I was thinking, and it occurred to me that not once have I ever saw a thread moved from the rubber room to general discussion! What is going on here, anyway?

Obviously random and frightening conspiracy... LOL...

We CAN'T. They are under different moderation levels. Once in a lower zone, they contain too much personal and off topic crap to move back upstairs.

Other restrictions on moving and merging exist in the protocols we use. For instance, we should not merge or move MATURE threads with a lot of posts or time behind them. They should be closed in place if they get out of hand.

Also stuff just shouldn't be slung into the Badlands, FZ, or RR just because it got demented or too illegal. They REALLY should only go there if there's still SOME valid discussion of the topic.

Merges are the most hairy scary thing in moderation actually. LARGELY because they are almost impossible to "undo". So they have to be checked thoroughly before you do it.

• Banned

Obviously random and frightening conspiracy... LOL...

We CAN'T. They are under different moderation levels. Once in a lower zone, they contain too much personal and off topic crap to move back upstairs.

Other restrictions on moving and merging exist in the protocols we use. For instance, we should not merge or move MATURE threads with a lot of posts or time behind them. They should be closed in place if they get out of hand.

Also stuff just shouldn't be slung into the Badlands, FZ, or RR just because it got demented or too illegal. They REALLY should only go there if there's still SOME valid discussion of the topic.

Merges are the most hairy scary thing in moderation actually. LARGELY because they are almost impossible to "undo". So they have to be checked thoroughly before you do it.
smh....I was just being silly!

Forum List

Back