Question about Jan 6th Protestors

I can't accept that equivocation. McConnell said it best in 2021.

"They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election. Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

..... something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.
And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

"The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th.

It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged "trial by combat."

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe; the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was being stolen in some secret coup by our now-president.

I defended the president's right to bring any complaints to our legal system. The legal system spoke. The Electoral College spoke. As I stood up and said clearly at the time, the election was settled.

But that reality just opened a new chapter of even wilder and more unfounded claims.

The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.

Sadly, many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.
This was different."

Great, McConnell is entitled to his opinion…doesn’t mean he’s right. McConnell has been “go along to get along” with the dems for awhile now, that’s why many republicans want to get rid of him.

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe;

Every time I listen to lefty radio, they always say “it’s … days until the most important election of our lives, til we have to defeat the neofascist, terrorist organization that is the Republican Party. If we don’t defeat Trump, he will destroy the country as we know it” these are the words of the lefty radio hosts that give their listeners the “sky is falling” spiel every day. They even say that the republicans “want to kill us and put us in concentration camps”. That’s the bullshit that comes from these fear mongering progressive radio hosts, and you can hear the anger in the voices of those who call in…they BELIEVE it…

Btw..it’s funny how every election cycle is “the most important election of our lives!!!”

The lefty’s love their “catastrophe” narrative as much as the next person.

Now, did Trump speak some rhetoric? Sure, yes, he told people the election had been stolen, but he would have had to REALLY think that a riot would really work, to try and somehow…without saying it, get them to do it. There’s nobody with any sense who would have thought it would have ever worked..so what would have been the point?

Great, McConnell is entitled to his opinion

He is entitled to his opinion and entitled to his Senate vote

His Senate vote was based on his opinion that Trump was indeed guilty but that he couldn’t impeach someone who was no longer in office. He made it clear Trump could still face criminal charges.

Other Republicans followed his opinion

He is entitled to his opinion and entitled to his Senate vote

His Senate vote was based on his opinion that Trump was indeed guilty but that he couldn’t impeach someone who was no longer in office. He made it clear Trump could still face criminal charges.

Other Republicans followed his opinion
Ok, do any of them have any proof that trump intended to have those people break in to the capitol ?

Forum List

Back