Queer Politics 101 in the year of our lord 2015

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Well it is crazy old truthout, but interesting non the less.

Democracy is messy.

Lots of queers are taking their critiques of the HRC online (see: a zillion Blogspot and Tumblr accounts), into theaters (characters in the film Criminal Queers break into HRC headquarters to find a shrine to Ronald Reagan), and to HRC charity shops (somewhat famously, in 2011, the HRC storefront in DC's Dupont Circle was paint-bombed by a group calling itself "The Right Honorable Wicked Stepmothers' Traveling, Drinking and Debating Society and Men's Auxiliary").

Human Rights Campaign Under Fire in LGBT Community

(Milk's close friend, gay rights activist Cleve Jones, had plenty of negative things to say about the choice of the camera shop for the Action Center, telling the Associated Press that Milk "was not an 'A-Gay' and had no desire to be an A-Gay. He despised those people and they despised him. That, to me, is the crowd HRC represents. Don't try to wrap yourself up in Harvey Milk's mantle and pretend you are one of us.")
In 2007, LAGAI and another San Francisco queer activist collective, Gay Shame, organized their first protest outside the HRC's San Francisco store (in the organization's own lingo, "Action Center"). Here, you can purchase HRC T-shirts, tote bags, and those ubiquitous stickers in the space that used to house gay martyr Harvey Milk's camera shop, which was the setting for much of the 2008 Oscar-winning film Milk.

"Exxon-Mobil, IBM and Gap were getting great ratings [in the Equality Index] at the same time that they were being targeted by other organizations for human rights violations," remembers Raphael. "So we felt like it didn't make any sense for there to be this store in the Castro [district] where people are going thinking that they're supporting something that's good - something that's promoting human rights - when a lot of the kitsch that they sell in the store is being manufactured in sweatshops."

We like fucking each other up the ass get over it..............

Honestly when are you guys going to get a grip on it?

So like what's the big deal?

you'd have to read the links

I'm a serious born again. I do not for the life of me understand this debate. If anything we should be embracing the wishes of individuals who want to be betrothed. I can go way farther but my basic beliefs are not in jeoapardy because people who love each other want desperately to have their union recognized.

I have really struggled with this and come to this conclusion that if these people love each other so much that they want the world including our christian world to recognize their love who are we to say no. We can not deny them their love. If the Lord in the end says it's right or wrong and I cannot believe for one minute that God would deny love it will be for Him not me.

I'm a serious born again. I do not for the life of me understand this debate. If anything we should be embracing the wishes of individuals who want to be betrothed. I can go way farther but my basic beliefs are not in jeoapardy because people who love each other want desperately to have their union recognized.

I have really struggled with this and come to this conclusion that if these people love each other so much that they want the world including our christian world to recognize their love who are we to say no. We can not deny them their love. If the Lord in the end says it's right or wrong and I cannot believe for one minute that God would deny love it will be for Him not me.

Why do you think your views should win out? Maybe you are 100 percent right but are things decided by feelings? No, normally laws are passed by our represenatives. Which has happened quite a few times concerning gay marriage with the outcome not favoring gay marriage, so that should be the end of it until the citizens of the country come around to your way of thinking. But the left and the gays can't have it that way they want it their way.

Why do you think your views should win out? Maybe you are 100 percent right but are things decided by feelings? No, normally laws are passed by our represenatives. Which has happened quite a few times concerning gay marriage with the outcome not favoring gay marriage, so that should be the end of it until the citizens of the country come around to your way of thinking. But the left and the gays can't have it that way they want it their way.

There's this kinda big deal thing called the US Constitution and the phrase "equal protection under the law."

Even gay Americans are entitled to it.

Regards from Rosie

There's this kinda big deal thing called the US Constitution and the phrase "equal protection under the law."

Regards from Rosie

True enough, but most people don't think the definition of marriage ever included anything other then between a man and a woman. Your argument is something like saying if a person has a driver's license it is their right to be able to fly a plane.

Don't get me wrong i could care less if someone is gay, don't care at all. I am not really all that sure if I even care if gays get married. Although I am not sure why they would even want to do so. What bothers me is that it is being forced upon us contrary to what the majority wish.

As for equality, when doing the bone dance with Mr. Sphincter produces a child then I will think gay marriage is the same as the traditional definition of marriage.

Regards from Rosie

True enough, but most people don't think the definition of marriage ever included anything other then between a man and a woman. Your argument is something like saying if a person has a driver's license it is their right to be able to fly a plane.

Don't get me wrong i could care less if someone is gay, don't care at all. I am not really all that sure if I even care if gays get married. Although I am not sure why they would even want to do so. What bothers me is that it is being forced upon us contrary to what the majority wish.

As for equality, when doing the bone dance with Mr. Sphincter produces a child then I will think gay marriage is the same as the traditional definition of marriage.
What bothers you is all in your head, then – because no one is 'forcing' anything on anyone.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, whose citizens are subject to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly, measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is proof if that.

And in our Constitutional Republic one's civil rights are not subject to 'majority rule,' where the states have no authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights.

So again, nothing is being 'forced' on anyone; the states have only themselves to blame for their un-Constitutional measures being appropriately invalidated by the courts.

Next thing they'll be in the streets demanding Prep H be handed out free like condoms in high school and hemorrhoidectomies funded by your taxes.

But don't stand in their way!

Particularly do not stand in their way with your back toward them.

Regards from Rosie

What bothers you is all in your head, then – because no one is 'forcing' anything on anyone.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, whose citizens are subject to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly, measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is proof if that.

And in our Constitutional Republic one's civil rights are not subject to 'majority rule,' where the states have no authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights.

So again, nothing is being 'forced' on anyone; the states have only themselves to blame for their un-Constitutional measures being appropriately invalidated by the courts.

Blah blah blah heard it all a million times before. What stops marrying a dog from being a civil right? Or marrying their sister? Where in the hell is the book of "civil rights?" Is all that is required is for you or your ilk to pronounce that what you want is your civil right, really? You do realize that rights are part of law. The civil rights act had to be passed before blacks could vote or women for that matter. So should it be with Gay marriage, that is my point. Just saying it is a civil right ain't enough, get a law passed. But for the most part doing that has failed so fairy tales are made up.

Last edited:

That's not what homofascists want. They want to force, by law, acquiescence, embracement and subsidization of their personal, irrelevant buttfucking. Since they cannot procreate, their rationale about equality is bullshit.

Forum List

Back